WW Recipe of the Day: Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Mini Muffins
(112 calories | 6 6 5 myWW *SmartPoints value per 2-muffins)
With a couple of over-ripe bananas on my counter that I didn’t want to waste, I decided it was a good time to do a little baking. And by little, I mean mini muffins!
Ambitious Kitchen has a healthy banana bread recipe that I knew would work well and taste great.
What I really like about this recipe is that it’s not overly sweet, low fat, and easily adaptable to be vegan or gluten-free. Although I generally I don’t try to bake vegan or gluten-free, sometimes it’s a necessity for friends or family.
I decided to sweeten things up a bit too by adding some mini chocolate chips – the perfect addition to any banana bread or muffin recipe:)
The Skinny on Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Mini Muffins
This recipe makes about 30 mini muffins. Each 2-muffin serving has approximately 112 calories and:
6 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
6 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
5 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
3 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
Curious about Weight Watchers new myWW Green, Blue and Purple plans? Watch this short video to learn more:
The texture of these muffins is nice and moist thanks to the banana and applesauce. Feel free to substitute the chocolate chips with white chocolate, peanut butter or butterscotch chips, or add nuts if you prefer.
If you’ve made these Mini Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Muffins, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked them.
Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Mini Muffins
- 1 cup over-ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk beverage (such as So Delicious or Trader Joe's)
- 1-1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Line mini muffin pan with mini paper baking cups and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add mashed banana, applesauce, brown sugar, egg, coconut milk beverage and vanilla. Beat well until thoroughly mixed and creamy.
- In another bowl, whisk together whole wheat pastry flour, rolled oats, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- Pour the mashed banana mixture into the flour mixture and stir together just until combined. Stir in the mini chocolate chips until distributed throughout.
- Fill mini baking cups about 3/4 full and bake until set, about 12-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center of mini muffin comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and place muffins on wire rack to cool completely.
- Repeat with remaining batter, being sure to use completely cooled muffin tins. You should end up with about 30 muffins.
- Store in an airtight container.
Source: Ambitious Kitchen
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
More Weight Watchers Muffin Recipes
- Raspberry Oatmeal Muffins
- Low Fat Lemon Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins
- Skinny Healthy Banana Coconut Date Muffins
- Ina’s Chunky Banana Bran Muffins
- Banana Cranberry Muffins
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!