WW Recipe of the Day: Low-Fat Lemon Blueberry Muffins
Muffins are one of my favorite breakfast splurges. But I feel better when I go light on the fat and sugar in the morning.
So, I'm always on the lookout for light and healthy versions, like these Low-Fat Lemon Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins.
I spotted these easy healthy muffins in Taste of Home Comfort Food Diet Cookbook: Lose Weight with 433 Foods You Crave! , a great cookbook on loan from Mom.
I decided to make a half batch (6 muffins). Brimming with juicy blueberries and luscious lemon flavor, it's the streusel topping that really makes them special.
You can find the recipe for a full batch of these lemon blueberry oatmeal muffins at Taste of Home.
How Many Calories and WW Points in these Lemon Blueberry Muffins?
A great healthy grab-and-go breakfast or snack, each muffin has just 166 calories, 4 grams of fat and:
6 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
6 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
5 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
4 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
If you enjoy these lemon blueberry oatmeal muffins, be sure to check out my other Weight Watchers Friendly recipes including Blueberry Oat Scones, Simple Blueberry Crumb Cake, Raspberry Oatmeal Muffins, Strawberry Streusel Muffins and Easy Coconut Muffins
If you've made these Lemon Blueberry Muffins, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Low-Fat Lemon Blueberry Oat Muffins Recipe
For the Muffins:
- ½ cup quick-cooking oats
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1-½ teaspoons baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- ½ cup milk
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- ½ teaspoon grated lemon peel
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup fresh or frozen blueberries (If using frozen blueberries, don't thaw them before adding to the batter)
For the Topping:
- ¼ cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1-½ teaspoons butter, softened
- Position an oven rack in the middle of the oven. Preheat the oven to 400F degrees.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the oats, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt until well combined.
- In another bowl stir together the egg, milk, melted butter, lemon peel and vanilla until well blended.
- Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture and stir just until moistened. Gently fold in the blueberries.
- Coat 6 muffin cups with cooking spray or use paper liners.
- Evenly distribute the batter amongst the 6 muffin cups.
- Combine the topping ingredients and sprinkle evenly over the batter in the muffin cups.
- Bake in a preheated 400F degree oven until a toothpick inserted comes out clean, about 20 to 24 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let the muffins rest in the pan for 5 minutes and then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely before storing or enjoy while still a little warm.
*PersonalPoints® calculated by WW. *PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you liked these lemon blueberry oatmeal muffins, you might also like:
- Ten Healthy Blueberry Muffin Recipes (Simple-Nourished-Living)
- Insanely Good Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins (SkinnyTaste)
- Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins (Laaloosh)
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!