Weight Watchers Recipe of the Day: Strawberry Streusel Muffins
(225 calories | *9 WW SmartPoints)
Still warm from the oven, these strawberry streusel muffins were a big hit when I served them for breakfast on Mother’s Day.
Moist, light and sweet, the streusel topping really makes them special.
Skinny on Strawberry Streusel Muffins
I used a little less oil, a little more milk and decreased the pecans a bit to lighten up these muffins a tad.
But I didn’t get carried away since this was Mother’s Day and I wanted them to be celebration worthy!
Most muffins are best the day you make them.
But you can freeze any extras. Then when you need something special to brighten up your morning, pull one out and put it in the microwave for a few seconds (15-20 if frozen, less if in the fridge) and you’ll have a warm delicious muffin to put a smile on your face.
According to my calculations each muffin has 225 calories, *6 Weight Watchers PointsPlus, *9 WW Freestyle SmartPoints—which is way less than anything you’d grab at the grocery store or coffee shop. Enjoy!
If you’ve made these Strawberry Streusel Muffins, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Strawberry Streusel Muffins Recipe
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh strawberries
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Heat the oven to 400F degrees. Grease the cups of a regular 12-cup muffin tin.
- Prepare the streusel topping by mixing together in a small bowl the pecans, brown sugar, flour and butter until well blended. Set aside.
- In a large bowl mix together the milk, oil, orange peel and egg until well blended.
- Stir in the flour, strawberries, sugar, baking powder and salt just until blended.
- Distribute the batter evenly among the 12 muffin cups. They should be about 2/3 full.
- Sprinkle the streusel topping evenly over the muffin batter.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let cool in the pan for about 5 - 10 minutes. Carefully remove the muffins from the pan. You may have to loosen around the edges with a sharp knife. Place on a rack to cool a bit. Enjoy warm.
Source: adapted from Betty Crocker’s Easy Entertaining
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
This video from Joy of Baking shows how she makes Blueberry Streusel Muffins:
More Lightened Up Baked Treats You Might Also Like:
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!