WW Recipe of the Day: Healthy Low Fat Applesauce Banana Bread
(120 calories | *3 WW SmartPoints)
My favorite thing to make with overripe bananas is banana bread.
I have lots of different recipes for healthy Weight Watchers friendly banana bread recipes here on Simple Nourished Living.
This one is a bit different.
Made from a combination of applesauce and bananas, this healthy applesauce banana bread is as easy as it is delicious.
I think I’ve discovered the secret to making sweet treats with a moderate amount of SmartPoints that doesn’t require resorting to artificial sweeteners!
Splenda gives me a headache and I don’t like the bitter aftertaste of stevia.
Keep the amount of sugar as low as possible, use mashed 0 Points fruit like unsweetened applesauce and bananas for natural moisture and sweetness, and use as little fat as possible.
The Skinny on Low Fat Applesauce Banana Bread
The original recipe called for baking mix such as Jiffy or Bisquick, which while convenient, now that I’m an avid food label reader, I realize isn’t the healthiest choice ever. So I substituted flour, baking powder and salt instead.
I used white whole-wheat flour to bump up the nutrition a bit. Feel free to substitute all-purpose flour or a combination of white-wheat and all-purpose if you prefer.
I haven’t tried this recipe with regular whole wheat flour which can be much heavier and more dense.
As a longtime Weight Watcher, my kitchen is equipped with a digital kitchen scale , which I now routinely use to weigh my flour instead of measuring it when baking, because it provides more accuracy and consistency.
If you have issues with managing portion-control when it comes to baked goods, you could always use this recipe to make mini-loaves, muffins or mini muffins instead.
According to my calculations each slice has 120 calories, *3 Weight Watches PointsPlus and *3 WW Freestyle SmartPoints. Enjoy!
Curious about Weight Watchers Freestyle/Flex plan?
Watch this short video to learn more:
Kitchen Tools I Used to Make this Banana Bread:
If you like this easy recipe for banana bread with applesauce, be sure to check out some of my other easy healthy Weight Watchers friendly recipes including Low-Fat Banana Nut Bread, Bran Banana Chocolate Chip Bread, Individual “Banana Bread” Baked Oatmeal Cups, Cashew Banana Mini Muffins and Mini Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Banana Muffins
If you’ve made this Banana Bread with Applesauce, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Low-Fat Applesauce Banana Bread Recipe
- 3/4 cup mashed ripe bananas (2 or 3 medium)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven 350F degrees. Coat a nonstick 9x5-inch loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the bananas, applesauce, brown sugar and eggs until creamy.
- Stir in the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt until just blended.
- Scrape the mixture into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted comes out clean, 55 to 65 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and set the pan on a wire rack to cool.
- Cool in pan for 15 minutes and then remove from the pan by carefully tipping the loaf out of the pan.
- Set banana bread loaf on wire rack to cool completely.
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.Watch how easy it is to make your own healthy applesauce banana bread at home:
More Weight Watchers Friendly Recipes with Banana:
- Skinny Banana Oatmeal Muffin & Bread Recipes
- Healthy Low-Fat Banana Bread
- Low Fat Chocolate Banana Bread
- Healthy Low Fat Banana Bread with Apricot and Dates
- Skinny Chocolate Banana Muffins
- Skinny Banana Coconut Date Muffins
- Low Fat Banana Bread
- Nutella Banana Bread
- Skinny Healthy Banana Coconut Date Muffins
- Low Fat Banana Cake with Peanut Butter Icing
- Banana Cranberry Muffins
- Moist Banana Nut Bread
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!