WW Recipe of the Day: Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Protein Shake
(299 calories | 6 6 6 myWW *SmartPoints value per serving)
Today I want to share one of my favorite breakfasts of the moment, a chocolate peanut butter banana protein shake. It's a delicious decadent tasting high protein smoothie that keeps me satisfied until lunch.
I've been enjoying them several times a week. Rod's a fan too. Protein shakes are an easy peasy healthy breakfast ready in five minutes or less. Perfect on busy mornings.
The Skinny on Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Protein Shake
If you're a cottage cheese fan, like I am, you'll love it.
If not, I promise, you absolutely don't taste it. Cottage cheese packs a serious protein punch, blends up thick and creamy, and is much less tart than plain Greek yogurt.
How Many Calories and WW Points in this Chocolate PB Banana Smoothie?
For even more protein, this yummy chocolate peanut butter banana protein shake also has chocolate protein powder and PB2 Powdered Peanut Butter (affiliate link) a great way to get all the flavor of protein with fewer SmartPoints.
According to my calculations this protein shake has about 299 calories and
6 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
6 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
6 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
8 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
I use my Vitamix to make my protein shakes and smoothies which works great. I don't have a Magic Bullet NutriBullet 12-Piece High-Speed Blender/Mixer System (affiliate link), but it seems like a wonderful lower cost portable alternative and is a top seller on Amazon.
And a great tasty way to sneak in a few more servings of fruits and vegetables.
Yummy Protein Shake Recipe Variations
- no cottage cheese - substitute plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- no PB2 flour - substitute 1 tablespoon peanut butter (3 SmartPoints)
- no frozen bananas - use an unfrozen one and increase the ice a bit (I always have a stash of peeled overripe bananas in the freezer)
- no chocolate protein powder - add a tablespoon of unsweetened cocoa powder
- thicker - add more ice
- thinner - add more water
This video shows how easy it is to make a low point chocolate banana smoothie:
If you like this protein shake, be sure to check out my other Weight Watchers friendly smoothie recipes including Ultimate Chocolate Banana Smoothie Recipes, Carrot Cake Smoothie, Blueberry Peach Protein Shake, Orange Creamsicle Smoothie and Healthy Breakfast Smoothie
If you've made this Peanut Butter Chocolate Banana Smoothie, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Protein Shake Recipe
- ½ cup non-fat cottage cheese (2SP)
- 2 tablespoons PB2 Peanut Butter Flour (2SP)
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder (1SP)
- ½ frozen banana (1SP)
- Handful of ice cubes
- Sweetener to taste (I didn't need any because my protein powder has sweetener in it)
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender and process until smooth.
- Use more ice cubes to give the shake a thicker consistency.
- If you like it thinner, use less ice and add more water.
*PersonalPoints® calculated by WW. *PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
More Delicious WW Smoothies and Protein Shakes for Breakfast and Beyond:
- Vanilla Bean Protein Frappuccino (DashingDish)
- Healthy Coffee Banana Smoothie (Cookin'Canuck)
- Vanilla Swappuccino Protein Shake (HungryGirl)
- Salted Caramel Protein Mocha Frappuccino (DashingDish)
- Orange Dreamsicle Protein Shake (SkinnyKitchen)
- Spinach & Strawberry Protein Smoothie (SlenderKitchen)
- Chocolate Chunk Protein Shake (DashingDish)
- Pina Banana Colada Smoothie (SkinnyTaste)
- Key Lime Pie Protein Shake (DashingDish)
- Healthy Smoothies (Slender Kitchen)
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!