WW Recipe of the Day: Banana Cashew Mini Muffins
(70 calories | 2 2 2 myWW *SmartPoints value per serving)
I found a recipe for banana cashew bread at Whole Foods Market, but since I'm a mini-muffin-lover, I decided to turn them into two-bite treats rather than bake a whole loaf of quick-bread.
These banana cashew mini muffins bake up moist and full of flavor. They're nicely sweetened with applesauce and honey, while the toasted cashews add a welcome contrast and crunch.
As is the case when using bananas for baking, you'll want to use overly ripe bananas with lots of brown spots on the skin.
The Skinny on Banana Cashew Mini Muffins
I was able to get about 24 mini muffins from this recipe and each single-muffin serving has about 70 calories and:
2 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
2 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
2 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
2 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
Curious about Weight Watchers new myWW Green, Blue and Purple plans? Watch this short video to learn more:
These muffins will keep for about 3 days at room temperature. You can also wrap them individually with plastic wrap and freeze, then just allow to thaw at room temperature or heat up in a microwave or toaster oven.
And, I not-so-accidentally discovered that they taste really good with a little smear of almond butter 😉
If you've made these Mini Muffins, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Banana Cashew Mini Muffins
- 1-¾ cups whole wheat flour
- 3 tablespoons flaxseed meal
- 1-½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon finely ground sea salt
- 2 large overly ripe bananas
- ¾ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ⅔ cup unsweetened, unflavored cashew milk
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1-/12 teaspoons vanilla
- ⅔ cup raw cashews, toasted and chopped
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Line 24-cup mini muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together whole wheat flour, flaxseed meal, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, cloves and salt.
- In another bowl, mash the bananas with a fork until mostly smooth. Add the applesauce, cashew milk, honey and vanilla and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Gradually add the dry flour mixture into the wet banana mixture and stir just until combined.
- Stir in the cashews.
- Spoon the batter into prepared muffin pan.
- Bake about 15-20 minutes, until golden brown on top and a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Allow muffins to coll on a wire rack.
- Mini muffins can be served warm or cooled to room temperature.
Recipe Source: Whole Foods Market
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
More Favorite Muffin Recipes
- Low Fat Lemon Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins
- Double Chocolate Bran Muffins
- Raspberry Oatmeal Muffins
- Mini Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Muffins
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!