Weight Watchers Recipe of the Day: Banana Bran Chocolate Chip Bread
Wholesome tasty banana bread filled with lots of good-for-you ingredients including bran, whole wheat flour, bananas, yogurt, chocolate chips and coconut.
Banana bread is one of my favorite things so I’m always experimenting with different recipes and flavor combinations.
The Skinny on Banana Bran Bread with Chocolate Chips
This one is slightly adapted from a muffin recipe in 750 Best Muffin Recipes: Everything from breakfast classics to gluten-free, vegan and coffeehouse favorites , a wonderful cookbook for muffin lovers from the talented Camilla Saulsbury.
Since reading several years ago that quick bread and muffin recipes are virtually the same and interchangeable, I’ve been having fun mixing things up.
This not-too-sweet banana bran chocolate chip bread baked up moist and delicious. Using mini chocolate chips helps insure you get a taste of chocolate in every bite.
Adding the coconut was my idea. I love it’s chewy sweetness. But you could always leave it out if you prefer. Enjoy!
According to my calculations, each slice has about 214 calories, *6 Weight Watchers PointsPlus, *8 WW Freestyle SmartPoints.
Curious about Weight Watchers Freestyle/Flex plan?
Watch this short video to learn more:
If you’ve made this banana bread, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it.
Banana Bran Chocolate Chip Bread
- 1-1/2 cups natural bran
- 1-1/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/4 cups bananas
- 3/4 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup coconut
- Position an oven rack in the center of the oven. Preheat the oven to 350F. Coat a loaf pan (9x5-inch) with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the bran, flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and nutmeg.
- In a blender process the brown sugar, egg, bananas, yogurt, oil, and vanilla until smooth.
- Pour the banana mixture into the flour mixture and stir just until blended. Gently stir in the chocolate chips and coconut.
- Pour into the prepared loaf pan and smooth out the top.
- Bake until the top is golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 45 to 55 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and place the pan on a wire rack to cool for about 10 minutes. Then carefully transfer the loaf to the wire rack to cool completely.
Source: 750 Best Muffin Recipes: Everything from breakfast classics to gluten-free, vegan and coffeehouse favorites by Camilla Saulsbury
If you liked this recipe for chocolate chip banana bread you might also like:
- Skinny Oatmeal Banana Bread & Muffin Recipes
- Healthy Low Fat Banana Nut Bread
- Low Fat Banana Bread with Dates and Apricots
- Skinny Easy Healthy Banana Coconut Date Muffins
- Healthy Apple Pecan Muffins
- More Healthy Banana Bread Recipes for Weight Watchers
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or Craftsy links, I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!