We enjoyed this yummy Low-Fat Cranberry Orange Oatmeal Bread for breakfast today.
I've wanted to make it since I first spotted the recipe well before Christmas. For me the holiday season isn't complete until I've had a slice of cranberry bread or cranberry muffin.
I've never had cranberry oatmeal bread, but since I loved the recipe for banana oat bread I made a while back, I decided to give it a go.
I woke up with energy to spare and decided to make it with the bag of cranberries that have been waiting patiently in the fridge. The bread turned out moist and dense and tart and sweet with flecks of orange zest.
Both mom and I loved it! I think this would be delicious baked as muffins too.
Please note that the serving size is small - just ½ a slice. And if you're like me, you may have a hard time not going back for more!
How Many Calories and Points in this Oatmeal Bread?
According to my calculations, each half-slice serving has 121 calories and:
5 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
5 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
4 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
3 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
And if this isn't the recipe for you, I've gathered a a few more healthy cranberry bread and muffin recipes at the end of this post.
If you've made this lightened up Orange Cranberry Oatmeal Bread, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Cranberry Orange Oatmeal Bread Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 cup oats, quick or old-fashioned, uncooked
- grated peel of 1 orange
- 1-¼ cups chopped fresh cranberries
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- ⅓ cup fresh orange juice
- ½ cup fat-free milk
- Position an oven rack in the center and heat your oven to 350F degrees. Grease and flour a 9x5-inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, baking powder and sugar until well blended. Stir in the oats, grated orange peel and chopped cranberries until well mixed.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, egg, orange juice and milk.
- Add the oil mixture to the flour mixture and stir just until the dry ingredients are moistened.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake in the heated oven for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes; then remove from the pan place on the rack to cool completely.
- Wrap the cooled bread and store one day before slicing.
*PersonalPoints® calculated by WW. *PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
More Cranberry Muffin & Bread Recipes for Weight Watchers
- Mini Low Fat Cranberry Nut Breads
- Banana Cranberry Muffins
- Low-Fat Cranberry Pumpkin Scones
- Apple Cranberry Muffins from Taste of Home
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!