We enjoyed this yummy Low-Fat Cranberry Orange Oatmeal Bread for breakfast today.
I've wanted to make it since I first spotted the recipe well before Christmas. For me the holiday season isn't complete until I've had a slice of cranberry bread or cranberry muffin.
I've never had cranberry oatmeal bread, but since I loved the recipe for banana oat bread I made a while back, I decided to give it a go.
I woke up with energy to spare and decided to make it with the bag of cranberries that have been waiting patiently in the fridge. The bread turned out moist and dense and tart and sweet with flecks of orange zest.
Both mom and I loved it! I think this would be delicious baked as muffins too.
Please note that the serving size is small - just ½ a slice. And if you're like me, you may have a hard time not going back for more!
How Many Calories and Points in this Oatmeal Bread?
According to my calculations, each half-slice serving has 121 calories and:
5 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
5 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
4 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
3 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
To see your WW PersonalPoints for this recipe and track it in the WW app or site, Click here!
And if this isn't the recipe for you, I've gathered a a few more healthy cranberry bread and muffin recipes at the end of this post.
Are You Ready To Firmly Plant Yourself
On The Path To Lasting Weight Loss Success?
If you've made this lightened up Orange Cranberry Oatmeal Bread, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Cranberry Orange Oatmeal Bread Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 cup oats, quick or old-fashioned, uncooked
- grated peel of 1 orange
- 1-¼ cups chopped fresh cranberries
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- ⅓ cup fresh orange juice
- ½ cup fat-free milk
- Position an oven rack in the center and heat your oven to 350F degrees. Grease and flour a 9x5-inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, baking powder and sugar until well blended. Stir in the oats, grated orange peel and chopped cranberries until well mixed.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, egg, orange juice and milk.
- Add the oil mixture to the flour mixture and stir just until the dry ingredients are moistened.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake in the heated oven for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes; then remove from the pan place on the rack to cool completely.
- Wrap the cooled bread and store one day before slicing.
*Points® calculated by WW. *PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
More Cranberry Muffin & Bread Recipes for Weight Watchers
- Mini Low Fat Cranberry Nut Breads
- Banana Cranberry Muffins
- Low-Fat Cranberry Pumpkin Scones
- Apple Cranberry Muffins from Taste of Home (affiliate link)
Martha is the founder and main content writer for Simple-Nourished-Living.
A longtime lifetime WW at goal, she is committed to balancing her love of food and desire to stay slim while savoring life and helping others do the same.
She is the author of the Smart Start 28-Day Weight Loss Challenge.
A huge fan of the slow cooker and confessed cookbook addict, when she's not experimenting in the kitchen, you're likely to find Martha on her yoga mat.
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!
Is it baking powder or soda?
powder. Sorry about that. I've fixed the recipe.
This is a winner. I love cranberry bread.
Would love to rate it but can't find the recipe anywhere
Just checked and the recipe is there. You'll find a "jump to the recipe" link at the top. Just click and it will take you to it. ~Martha
Got a question if you use Serbia do points come down and I like to make all my breads in a 3x5 loaf pan usually Get 3 how do I figure the joints on this?
This July we will be going on 3yrs with our weight los. We are lifers from way back but slid back now you have made this slot easier. Thank you
You should be able to get your answers in the WW Recipe Builder by changing the ingredients you use and number of servings. Hope this helps. ~Martha