WW Recipe of the Day: Slow Cooker Cranberry Apple Cake
This delicious cranberry apple cake bakes up fuss-free in your crock pot.
Tastes great with a little scoop of vanilla ice cream for dessert or served at your next family brunch!
We loved the Slow Cooker Apple Cake I made a while back so much, I decided to try a variation using a combination of apples and cranberries.
Cranberry Apple Cake Recipe Notes
Instead of baking this slow cooker cranberry apple cake in a loaf pan (affiliate link), I baked it directly in the crock of the slow cooker, which I lined with parchment paper.
Served warm with a little scoop of vanilla ice cream, it made a delectable dessert.
This slow cooker cranberry apple cake also would be a great addition to your Christmas breakfast.
How Many Calories and WW Points in this Slow Cooker Cake?
According to my calculations, each serving has 192 calories and:
7 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
7 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
7 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
5 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
To see your WW PersonalPoints for this recipe and track it in the WW app or site, Click here!
If you like this slow cooker apple cranberry cake, be sure to check out my other Weight Watchers friendly recipes including: Low-Fat Pumpkin Cranberry Scones, Cranberry Apple Oatmeal Cookies, Mini Cranberry Nut Bread, Crock Pot Cranberry White Chocolate Cookie Bars and WW Slow Cooker Cranberry Nut Bread
Are You Ready To Slow Cook Yourself Slim?
If you've made this low calorie Crock Pot Cranberry Apple Cake, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Slow Cooker Cranberry Apple Cake Recipe
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup canola oil
- ¼ cup non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1-½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1-½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped Granny Smith apples
- 1 cup chopped fresh or frozen cranberries
- Ideal slow cooker size: 4-Quart.
- To make the cake easy to remove when it's done, line your slow cooker with parchment paper so that it covers the bottom and comes up the sides by 3 to 4 inches. Smooth out the parchment as much as you can.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the brown sugar, oil, yogurt, egg and vanilla until creamy and well blended.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- Stir the flour mixture into the sugar mixture until well combined. Stir in the apples and cranberries. (It will seem like too little batter for so many apples and cranberries, but it’s not.)
- Scrape the batter evenly into the prepared slow cooker.
- Cover and prop the lid open at one end with a wooden spoon handle or chopstick to let steam escape.
- Bake on HIGH for 2 to 3 hours, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Begin checking after the slow cooker apple cake has been cooking 2 hours. If it isn't done, cover and continue cooking for 15 to 30 more minutes and then check it again.
- When the cake is done, remove the stoneware insert with the cake and let it cool.
- Then carefully remove the cake, using the parchment paper as handles. Carefully peel off the parchment paper and place cake on a serving plate.
- Cut into 9 pieces.
*Points® calculated by WW. *PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
Watch this video to see how easy it is to make your own slow cooker cranberry apple cider:
More Yummy Cranberry Recipes for Weight Watchers:
- Skinny Cranberry Bliss Bars (SkinnyTaste)
- Cranberry Orange Bundt Cake (EmilyBites)
- Savory Cranberry & Cheese Bites (HungryGirl)
- Skinny Cranberry Cheesecake Torte (SkinnyKitchen)
- Lemon Cranberry Scones (SkinnyTaste)
- Dark Chocolate Cranberry Pecan Oatmeal Cookies (DrizzleMeSKinny)
Search for More WW Friendly Cranberry Recipes
This quick video shows how to use paper towels to absorb excess condensation when baking in your slow cooker:
Martha is the founder and main content writer for Simple-Nourished-Living.
A longtime lifetime WW at goal, she is committed to balancing her love of food and desire to stay slim while savoring life and helping others do the same.
She is the author of the Smart Start 28-Day Weight Loss Challenge.
A huge fan of the slow cooker and confessed cookbook addict, when she's not experimenting in the kitchen, you're likely to find Martha on her yoga mat.
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!
Leave a Reply