I made this easy Cranberry Nut Bread in the slow cooker to use up what remained of the slow cooker raspberry apple cranberry sauce I made for Thanksgiving.
Different from your typical cranberry nut bread made with fresh cranberries, but just as delicious, I modified an easy cranberry nut bread recipe from one of my favorite old cookbooks, Sylvia's Cakes and Breads: Famous Recipes from a Small Maine Kitchen (affiliate link) by Sylvia A. Hocking.
In addition to baking this easy cranberry nut bread in the slow cooker, I substituted plain yogurt for the milk and used half white whole wheat flour.
It turned out moist and flavorful.
How Many Calories and WW Points in this Slow Cooker Quick Bread?
According to my calculations, each slice has 193 calories and:
10 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
5 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
To see your WW PersonalPoints for this recipe and track it in the WW app or site, Click here!
Are You Ready To Slow Cook Yourself Slim?
If you've made this Crock Pot Cranberry Walnut Bread, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Slow Cooker Cranberry Nut Bread
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- ⅔ cup plain yogurt
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 1 cup whole cranberry sauce
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- Ideal slow cooker size: 6-Quart, or larger.
- Grease a loaf pan that will fit in your slow cooker well. (I used an 8 x 4-inch loaf pan in my 6-Quart oval crockpot.)
- Create a trivet that will fit into the bottom of your slow cooker. You can make a coil from aluminum foil. Or use several of the metal rings from canning jars, which is what I do.)
- In a large bowl whisk together the flours, baking soda, salt, and sugar until well blended. Add the egg, yogurt, melted butter, cranberry sauce and chopped walnuts and stir just until blended.
- Scrape the batter into your loaf pan.
- Place the pan in your slow cooker.
- Cover and prop the lid open at one end with a wooden spoon handle or chopstick to let steam escape.
- Cook on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Carefully remove the loaf pan from your slow cooker and cool on a rack for 15 minutes and then remove the loaf from the pan and place it on the rack to cool completely.
- Cut into 12 slices.
Source: Adapted from Sylvia's Cakes and Breads: Famous Recipes from a Small Maine Kitchen (affiliate link) by Sylvia Hocking
*Points® calculated by WW. *PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you like easy cranberry nut bread, you might also like:
- Cranberry Orange Oatmeal Bread
- Slow Cooker Pumpkin Bread
- Skinny Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies
- Caramel Cranberry Slow Cooker Cookie Bars
- Banana Cranberry Muffins
- Cranberry Ginger Oatmeal Cookies
- Cranberry White Chocolate Crock Pot Cookie Bars
- Low Fat Cranberry Walnut Rugalach
- Low Fat Mini Cranberry Nut Bread Loaves
- Skinny Cranberry Apple Oatmeal Cookies
- Low Fat Pumpkin Cranberry Scones
- Skinny Cranberry Bliss Bars
- Banana Cranberry Bread
- Lemon Cranberry Scones
- Cranberry Pistachio Biscotti
- Cranberry Orange Bundt Cake
- Cranberry Orange Muffins
- Cranberry Orange Cornmeal Muffins
- Skinny Cranberry Swirl Cheesecake Squares
- Merry Cranberry Pear Tarts
- Skinny Morning Maple Cranberry Bars
- Dark Chocolate Cranberry Pecan Oatmeal Cookies
Martha is the founder and main content writer for Simple-Nourished-Living.
A longtime lifetime WW at goal, she is committed to balancing her love of food and desire to stay slim while savoring life and helping others do the same.
She is the author of the Smart Start 28-Day Weight Loss Challenge.
A huge fan of the slow cooker and confessed cookbook addict, when she's not experimenting in the kitchen, you're likely to find Martha on her yoga mat.
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!
Rocky Mountain Woman
In looking around a bit here, I've come to the conclusion that I need to get my crock pot out and experiment!