WW Recipe of the Day: Slow Cooker Cranberry Nut Bread
I made this easy Cranberry Nut Bread in the slow cooker to use up what remained of the slow cooker raspberry apple cranberry sauce I made for Thanksgiving.
The Skinny on Slow Cooker Cranberry Nut Bread
Different from your typical cranberry nut bread made with fresh cranberries, but just as delicious, I modified an easy cranberry nut bread recipe from one of my favorite old cookbooks, Sylvia’s Cakes and Breads: Famous Recipes from a Small Maine Kitchen by Sylvia A. Hocking.
In addition to baking this easy cranberry nut bread in the slow cooker, I substituted plain yogurt for the milk and used half white whole wheat flour.
It turned out moist and flavorful.
According to my calculations, each slice has 193 calories, *5 Weight Watchers PointsPlus, *10 WW Freestyle SmartPoints. Enjoy!
Curious about Weight Watchers new myWW Green, Blue and Purple plans? Watch this short video to learn more:
If you’ve made this cranberry nut bread, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it.
Slow Cooker Cranberry Nut Bread Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 2/3 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 cup whole cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Ideal slow cooker size: 6-Quart, or larger.
- Grease a loaf pan that will fit in your slow cooker well. (I used an 8 x 4-inch loaf pan in my 6-Quart oval crockpot.)
- Create a trivet that will fit into the bottom of your slow cooker. You can make a coil from aluminum foil. Or use several of the metal rings from canning jars, which is what I do.)
- In a large bowl whisk together the flours, baking soda, salt, and sugar until well blended. Add the egg, yogurt, melted butter, cranberry sauce and chopped walnuts and stir just until blended.
- Scrape the batter into your loaf pan.
- Place the pan in your slow cooker.
- Cover and prop the lid open at one end with a wooden spoon handle or chopstick to let steam escape.
- Cook on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Carefully remove the loaf pan from your slow cooker and cool on a rack for 15 minutes and then remove the loaf from the pan and place it on the rack to cool completely.
- Cut into 12 slices.
Source: Adapted from Sylvia’s Cakes and Breads: Famous Recipes from a Small Maine Kitchen by Sylvia Hocking
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you liked easy cranberry nut bread recipe, you might also like:
- Cranberry Orange Oatmeal Bread
- Slow Cooker Pumpkin Bread
- Skinny Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies
- Caramel Cranberry Slow Cooker Cookie Bars
- Banana Cranberry Muffins
- Cranberry Ginger Oatmeal Cookies
- Cranberry White Chocolate Crock Pot Cookie Bars
- Low Fat Cranberry Walnut Rugalach
- Low Fat Mini Cranberry Nut Bread Loaves
- Skinny Cranberry Apple Oatmeal Cookies
- Low Fat Pumpkin Cranberry Scones
- Skinny Cranberry Bliss Bars
- Banana Cranberry Bread
- Lemon Cranberry Scones
- Cranberry Pistachio Biscotti
- Cranberry Orange Bundt Cake
- Cranberry Orange Muffins
- Cranberry Orange Cornmeal Muffins
- Skinny Cranberry Swirl Cheesecake Squares
- Merry Cranberry Pear Tarts
- Skinny Morning Maple Cranberry Bars
- Dark Chocolate Cranberry Pecan Oatmeal Cookies
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!