WW Recipe of the Day: Slow Cooker Whole Wheat Bread with Molasses
(158 calories | 5 5 5 myWW *SmartPoints value per serving)
I made this slow cooker whole wheat bread to go with slow cooker baked beans. Hearty and flavorful, it was the perfect way to sop up those rich and delicious baked bean juices and round out our meal.
The Skinny on Slow Cooker Molasses Whole Wheat Bread
I continue to be amazed at how much success I’m having baking recipes, like this slow cooker whole wheat bread, in the crock pot.
It’s no surprise how much I liked it, given my affection for simple, wholesome quick breads. Both Rod and Mom liked it too.
According to my calculations each slice has 158 calories and:
5 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
5 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
5 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
4 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
Curious about Weight Watchers new myWW Green, Blue and Purple plans? Watch this short video to learn more:
If you’ve made this low fat Crock Pot Whole Wheat Molasses Bread, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Slow Cooker Whole Wheat Bread with Molasses
- 2-1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1-2/3 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup molasses
- Grease a loaf pan that will fit in your slow cooker. (I used an 8 x 4-inch loaf pan.)
- Create a trivet that will fit into the bottom of your slow cooker. You can make a coil from aluminum foil. Or use several of the metal rings from canning jars, which is what I do.)
- In a large bowl, mix together the whole wheat flour, cornmeal, salt and baking soda until well blended.
- In another bowl stir together the yogurt and molasses.
- Add the yogurt mixture to the flour mixture and stir just until combined.
- Scrape the dough into your loaf pan.
- Place in your slow cooker.
- Cover and prop the lid open at one end with a wooden spoon handle or chopstick to let steam escape.
- Cook on HIGH and cook for 2-1/2 to 3-1/2 hours or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. (Alternatively, you can cook in a 375 degree oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour)
- Carefully remove the loaf pan from your slow cooker and cool on a rack for 15 minutes and then remove the loaf from the pan and place it on the rack to cool completely or enjoy warm.
Source: Adapted from How to Cook Everything: 2,000 Simple Recipes for Great Food by Mark Bittman
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you like this slow cooked low fat whole wheat bread you might also like:
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!