Check out these low fat mini cranberry nut bread loaves. Aren’t they cute?
I love cranberry bread. For me, the holidays wouldn’t be complete without it.
The recipe for these low-fat mini cranberry nut bread loaves is from my old Fannie Merritt Farmer Boston Cooking School Cookbook, 10th Edition from 1959, the cookbook my mother used most often when I was growing up.
When I compared it to a recipe in my Weight Watchers New Complete Cookbook, it was even lower in fat and calories, so I decided to give it a try.
The more time I spend with old cookbooks, the more I realize many old recipes were naturally lower in fat and sugar than our modern versions. Who knew that part of the secret to getting slim and healthy may be hidden in old cookbooks?
Instead of baking the bread in one large loaf pan, I made 3 mini loaves – 1 to enjoy immediately and 2 for the freezer to enjoy when the family gathers for breakfast Christmas morning.
This is definitely my new go-to recipe for cranberry bread, turning out moist and flavorful mini loaves.
Each loaf serves 4. You can divide it into 4 thick slices or 8 thin, whatever you prefer. Enjoy!
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- ½ cup orange juice
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 cup fresh cranberries, chopped
- ½ cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 cups flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- Position an oven rack in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Coat 3 mini loaf pans with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the egg and sugar until well blended. Add the orange zest, orange juice, water and butter and stir until well combined. Add the cranberries and walnuts.
- In another bowl, whisk together the flour, salt and baking soda until well blended. (Be sure to whisk up your flour before measuring and then gently spoon it into the measuring cup and level it off with the straight edge of a knife or spatula, without shaking or packing it down. This prevents you from using too much flour.)
- Add the flour mixture to the egg mixture and stir until well blended.
- Divide the mixture evenly among the three prepared mini loaf pans.
- Bake in the center of the oven until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 30 to 40 minutes. (Mine were done in 35 minutes.)
- Remove from the oven and let cool in the pans set on a rack for 5 minutes. Remove loaves from the pans and set them directly on the wire racks to cool completely.
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you liked these low fat mini cranberry nut bread loaves you might also like
- Cranberry Oatmeal Bread
- Healthy Low Fat Banana Bread
- Skinny Apricot Poppy Seed Bread
- Cranberry Orange Oatmeal Bread
- Slow Cooker Pumpkin Bread
- Skinny Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies
- Caramel Cranberry Slow Cooker Cookie Bars
- Banana Cranberry Muffins
- Cranberry Ginger Oatmeal Cookies
- Easy Cranberry Nut Bread Made in the Slow Cooker
- Cranberry White Chocolate Crock Pot Cookie Bars
- Low Fat Cranberry Walnut Rugalach
- Skinny Cranberry Apple Oatmeal Cookies
- Low Fat Pumpkin Cranberry Scones
- Skinny Cranberry Bliss Bars
- Banana Cranberry Bread
- Lemon Cranberry Scones
- Cranberry Pistachio Biscotti
- Cranberry Orange Bundt Cake
- Cranberry Orange Muffins
- Cranberry Orange Cornmeal Muffins
- Skinny Cranberry Swirl Cheesecake Squares
- Merry Cranberry Pear Tarts
- Skinny Morning Maple Cranberry Bars
- Dark Chocolate Cranberry Pecan Oatmeal Cookies
- Slow Cooker Apple Cake
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or Craftsy links, I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!
Get Your FREE Guide: 7 Secrets of Successful Weight Watchers
The best tips for weight loss success! You'll also get regular updates from Martha with easy healthy Weight Watchers friendly recipes, support & tips to help you lose weight your way.