Check out these low fat mini cranberry nut bread loaves. Aren’t they cute?
I love cranberry bread. For me, the holidays wouldn’t be complete without it.
The recipe for these low-fat mini cranberry nut bread loaves is from my old Fannie Merritt Farmer Boston Cooking School Cookbook, 10th Edition from 1959, the cookbook my mother used most often when I was growing up.
When I compared it to a recipe in my Weight Watchers New Complete Cookbook, it was even lower in fat and calories, so I decided to give it a try.
The Skinny on Cranberry Nut Bread
The more time I spend with old cookbooks, the more I realize many old recipes were naturally lower in fat and sugar than our modern versions. Who knew that part of the secret to getting slim and healthy may be hidden in old cookbooks?
Instead of baking the bread in one large loaf pan , I made 3 mini loaves – 1 to enjoy immediately and 2 for the freezer to enjoy when the family gathers for breakfast Christmas morning.
This is definitely my new go-to recipe for cranberry bread, turning out moist and flavorful mini loaves.
Each loaf serves 4. You can divide it into 4 thick slices or 8 thin, whatever you prefer.
According to my calculations, each serving has 193 calories, *5 Weight Watchers PointsPlus, *8 WW Freestyle SmartPoints. Enjoy!
Curious about Weight Watchers Freestyle/Flex plan?
Watch this short video to learn more:
If you’ve made this cranberry nut bread, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it.
Low Fat Mini Cranberry Nut Bread Loaves
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 cup fresh cranberries, chopped
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Position an oven rack in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 350F degrees. Coat 3 mini loaf pans with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the egg and sugar until well blended. Add the orange zest, orange juice, water and butter and stir until well combined. Add the cranberries and walnuts.
- In another bowl, whisk together the flour, salt and baking soda until well blended. (Be sure to whisk up your flour before measuring and then gently spoon it into the measuring cup and level it off with the straight edge of a knife or spatula, without shaking or packing it down. This prevents you from using too much flour.)
- Add the flour mixture to the egg mixture and stir until well blended.
- Divide the mixture evenly among the three prepared mini loaf pans.
- Bake in the center of the oven until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 30 to 40 minutes. (Mine were done in 35 minutes.)
- Remove from the oven and let cool in the pans set on a rack for 5 minutes.
- Remove loaves from the pans and set them directly on the wire racks to cool completely.
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you liked these low fat mini cranberry nut bread loaves you might also like
- Cranberry Orange Oatmeal Bread
- Skinny Apricot Poppy Seed Bread
- Slow Cooker Pumpkin Bread
- Banana Cranberry Muffins
- Easy Cranberry Nut Bread Made in the Slow Cooker
- Skinny Cranberry Bliss Bars
- Cranberry Orange Bundt Cake
- Cranberry Orange Muffins
- Cranberry Orange Cornmeal Muffins
- Skinny Cranberry Swirl Cheesecake Squares
- Merry Cranberry Pear Tarts
- Skinny Morning Maple Cranberry Bars
- Dark Chocolate Cranberry Pecan Oatmeal Cookies
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or Craftsy links, I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!