Weight Watchers Recipe of the Day: Low Fat Cranberry Bars
(122 calories | *5 WW SmartPoints)
The inspiration for these low fat cranberry bars comes from my friend, Alisa. Homemade cranberry bars are one of the highlights of her Mary Kay Holiday Open House.
Instead of using her recipe, which made a large batch, I decided to try to make a version that would be smaller, lower in fat and calories but every bit as delicious.
Skinny on Low Fat Cranberry Bars Recipe
Baking from scratch doesn’t get much simpler than this low-fat cranberry bars recipe. All you need are a few basic ingredients and a bowl.
I used a whisk and lots of elbow grease to mix them, but you could always use an electric mixer if you prefer.
Moist, delicious, and not too sweet, they’re a nice change from fancier cookies and bars that require a lot more work.
I think they’re even better a day or two after baking, so they’re a great choice for making ahead and sharing with friends.
They’re so yummy I’ve stashed a couple bags of cranberries in the freezer so I can make them again later this winter.
I was able to shave a few calories and a point by cutting back a bit on the sugar, butter and walnuts.
According to my calculations each bar has 122 calories, *3 Weight Watchers PointsPlus, *5 WW Freestyle SmartPoints. Enjoy!
Curious about Weight Watchers Freestyle/Flex plan?
Watch this short video to learn more:
If you like these easy cranberry nut bars, be sure to check out some of my other Weight Watchers friendly recipes including Slow Cooker Cranberry Apple Cake, Crock Pot Cranberry Nut Bread, Cranberry White Chocolate Crock Pot Cookie Bars, Low-Fat Cranberry Walnut Rugalach and Low-Fat Mini Cranberry Nut Bread Loaves
Kitchen Tools I Used to Make this Recipe:
If you’ve made these Cranberry Walnut Bars, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Low-Fat Cranberry Bars Recipe
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350F degrees. Coat an 8-inch square baking pan with nonstick spray and set it aside.
- In medium-sized bowl, beat the eggs until thick, about 5 minutes.
- Add the sugar and beat until creamy and well blended.
- Stir in the flour and butter and vanilla just until blended.
- Stir in the cranberries and walnuts.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and spread it out evenly.
- Bake until set and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 40 to 50 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and place on a wire rack to cool completely.
- Cut into 16 bars.
Source: Ocean Spray
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
Watch how to make your own no-bake cranberry oat bars at home:
Related WW Recipes:
- Banana Cranberry Muffins
- Skinny Cranberry Apple Oatmeal Cookies
- Cranberry Ginger Oatmeal Cookies
- Low Fat Pumpkin Cranberry Scones
- Skinny Cranberry Bliss Bars
- Banana Cranberry Bread
- Lemon Cranberry Scones
- Cranberry Pistachio Biscotti
- Cranberry Orange Bundt Cake
- Cranberry Orange Muffins
- Cranberry Orange Cornmeal Muffins
- Best Recipes of the Year with WW SmartPoints
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!