Weight Watchers Recipe of the Day: Low Fat Cranberry Bars
The inspiration for these low fat cranberry bars comes from my friend, Alisa. Homemade cranberry bars are one of the highlights of her Mary Kay Holiday Open House.
Instead of using her recipe, which made a large batch, I decided to try to make a version that would be smaller, lower in fat and calories but every bit as delicious.
Skinny on Low Fat Cranberry Bars Recipe
Baking from scratch doesn’t get much simpler than this low-fat cranberry bars recipe. All you need are a few basic ingredients and a bowl.
I used a whisk and lots of elbow grease to mix them, but you could always use an electric mixer if you prefer.
Moist, delicious, and not too sweet, they’re a nice change from fancier cookies and bars that require a lot more work. I think they’re even better a day or two after baking, so they’re a great choice for making ahead and sharing with friends.
They’re so yummy I’ve stashed a couple bags of cranberries in the freezer so I can make them again later this winter.
I was able to shave a few calories and a point by cutting back a bit on the sugar, butter and walnuts.
According to my calculations each bar has 122 calories and *3 Weight Watchers PointsPlus. These have increased to *5 WW SmartPoints. Enjoy!
Kitchen Tools I Used to Make this Recipe:
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1-1/4 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Coat an 8-inch square baking pan with nonstick spray and set it aside
- In medium sized bowl beat the eggs until thick, about 5 minutes. Add the sugar and beat until creamy and well blended. Stir in the flour and butter and vanilla just until blended. Stir in the cranberries and walnuts.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and spread it out evenly.
- Bake until set and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 40 to 50 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and place on a wire rack to cool completely. Cut into 16 bars.
Source: Ocean Spray
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
Related WW Recipes:
- Banana Cranberry Muffins
- Cranberry Ginger Oatmeal Cookies
- Slow Cooker Cranberry Apple Cake
- Easy Cranberry Nut Bread Made in the Slow Cooker
- Cranberry White Chocolate Crock Pot Cookie Bars
- Low Fat Cranberry Walnut Rugalach
- Low Fat Mini Cranberry Nut Bread Loaves
- Skinny Cranberry Apple Oatmeal Cookies
- Low Fat Pumpkin Cranberry Scones
- Skinny Cranberry Bliss Bars
- Banana Cranberry Bread
- Lemon Cranberry Scones
- Cranberry Pistachio Biscotti
- Cranberry Orange Bundt Cake
- Cranberry Orange Muffins
- Cranberry Orange Cornmeal Muffins
- Best Recipes of the Year with WW SmartPoints
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or Craftsy links, I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!
Originally published 12/2014; Updated 11/2016
Get Your FREE Guide: 7 Secrets of Successful Weight Watchers
The best tips for weight loss success! You'll also get regular updates from Martha with easy healthy Weight Watchers friendly recipes, support & tips to help you lose weight your way.