WW Recipe of the Day: Chocolate-Topped Peanut Butter Oat Cookie Bars (aka Oatsies)
Deliciously crunchy peanut butter oat cookie bars topped with a thin layer of chocolate and chopped nuts. I adapted the recipe from Betty Crocker Cooky Book
This recipe for chocolate topped peanut butter oat cookie bars, or “Oatsies”, is a perfect example. Baked in a 9×9-inch pan, the instructions are to cut into 32 bars. Yes, 32 bars!
The same recipe posted right now on AllRecipes has instructions to make 9 bars! Hello, that’s almost a 400% increase in size!!
Cookies and cookie bars, like these chocolate peanut butter oat cookies used to be little sweet treats, not the gargantuan disks and slabs they have become today! Who knew???
Skinny on Chocolate Topped Peanut Butter Oat Cookie Bars
I made a few changes to the original “Oatsies” recipe, to lighten it up a bit.
I substituted some of the butter with peanut butter (because I love peanut butter), some of the oats with oat bran, and decreased the amount chocolate and nuts used on top by half.
And they are still delicious. So cute when cut into little bars. They remind me of the little mini bars Weight Watchers sells, only better 🙂
Each one of these little chocolate topped peanut butter oat cookie bars has just 77 calories, *2 Weight Watchers PointsPlus, *4 WW Freestyle SmartPoints. Enjoy!
Curious about Weight Watchers Freestyle/Flex plan?
Watch this short video to learn more:
If you like these chocolate peanut butter oat cookie bars, be sure to check out some of my other easy, Weight Watchers friendly cookie recipes including No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies, WW Sweet & Salty Chocolate Chip Cookies, Cranberry Apple Oatmeal Cookies, Banana Oat Chocolate Chip Cookies and Chocolate Peanut Butter Squares
Substitutions for Light Corn Syrup
If you don’t want to use light corn syrup in this recipe, you could try:
- Agave Nectar
- Brown Rice Syrup
- Golden Syrup (a pantry staple in the UK)
- Cane Syrup
If you’ve made these Oatsies, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it.
Chocolate-Topped Peanut Butter Oat Cookie Bars Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup oat bran
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons chopped nuts
- Line a 9-inch baking pan with non-stick foil. (If you don't have non-stick foil, line the pan with plain foil and coat the foil with non-stick spray.
- Position an oven rack in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 350F degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix together the oats, oat bran and brown sugar.
- In another bowl, mix together the peanut butter, light corn syrup, melted butter, vanilla and salt until well blended.
- Add the peanut butter mixture to the oat mixture and mix well.
- Scrape the mixture into the prepared pan and pat down firmly and evenly.
- Bake until set, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Prepare the chocolate topping: While the cookie bars cool, melt the chocolate, either over low heat in a small heavy-bottomed saucepan or in a small microwave safe bowl in the microwave.(To melt chocolate in the microwave, heat at 50% power for about 30 seconds. Remove and stir. If chocolate is not melted, return and heat at 50% for another 30 seconds and stir again. Repeat, stirring every 30 seconds to avoid scorching the chocolate. When small lumps remain, remove and stir to complete the melting.)
- Spread a thin layer of melted chocolate evenly over the bars and sprinkle with the chopped nuts.
- Place in the refrigerator to cool completely.
- When completely cool, cut into 32 bars.
Source: Recipe adapted from Betty Crocker Cooky Book
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
Watch how to make another version of healthy, no-bake chocolate peanut butter oat bars:
If you liked these peanut butter oat cookie bars you might also like
- 4-Ingredient Flour-less Peanut Butter Cookies
- Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipes
- Low-Fat Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- Weight Watchers Chocolate Chip Cookies with Salted Peanuts
- Skinny Banana Coconut Chocolate Chip Bars
- Caramel Oatmeal Chocolate Mini Bars
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or Craftsy links, I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!