Weight Watchers Recipe of the Day: Easy No-Bake Chocolate Rice Krispie Easter Egg Nests
(107 calories | 5 5 5 myWW *SmartPoints value per serving)
As soon as I spotted these adorable Chocolate Rice Krispie Easter Egg Nests in Darina Allen’s wonderful cookbook Easy Entertaining: Over 250 Stress-Free Recipes and Sensational Styling Ideas , I new I wanted to make them to share with family and friends.
As Darina explains in her headnotes, “These no-bake chocolate egg nests are irresistible to kids of all ages and grown-ups too!”
Combining two of my favorite things – Rice Krispie treats and Cadbury mini eggs – I couldn’t agree more.
These chocolate Rice Krispie Easter egg nests are super easy too. With just 3 ingredients, they come together in a matter of minutes.
All you need to do is melt some dark chocolate in a double boiler or the microwave .
Stir in some Rice Krispies.
Spoon the mixture into pretty paper muffin cups.
And top with Cadbury mini eggs!
I melted dark chocolate to coat the Rice Krispies and used a combination of Cadbury Milk Chocolate and Royal Dark Chocolate Mini Eggs, since that’s what I had squirreled away in the pantry.
The Skinny on Chocolate Rice Krispie Easter Egg Nests
What could be simpler or more fun?
And with just 102 calories and:
5 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
5 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
5 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
3 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
Per nest, these chocolate rice krispie easter egg nests are a sweet treat that you can afford to indulge in.
Curious about Weight Watchers new myWW Green, Blue and Purple plans? Watch this short video to learn more:
But it’s important to do it slowly and gently to avoid scorching. In a microwave , chocolate doesn’t lose its shape as it melts, so you must stir it well to determine how melted it is. Enjoy!
If you like this lightened up recipe for No-Bake Chocolate Rice Krispie Easter Egg Nests, be sure to check out some of my other Weight Watchers friendly dessert recipes including No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Squares, No-Bake Peanut Buttery Cookie Dough Balls, No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies and Slow Cooker Caramel Mocha Crunch Bars
If you’ve made these Chocolate Egg Nests, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Chocolate Rice Krispie Easter Egg Nests Recipe
- 6 ounces good-quality dark chocolate, broken or chopped into small pieces (about 1 cup)
- 4-1/2 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 72 Cadbury mini eggs (or other candy-coated mini chocolate eggs)
- Place the chocolate in a microwave safe container. Heat at 50% power for 1 minute. Remove and stir well.
- If chocolate is not melted, return it to the microwave and continue heating, stopping to stir it every 10 to 20 seconds to avoid scorching. When only small lumps remain, remove and continue to stir until the chocolate is completely melted.
- Add the Rice Krispies and stir to coat well with the chocolate.
- Divide the mixture evenly among 24 paper baking muffin cups.
- Flatten each "nest" a little to make a well in the center.
- Fill each cup with 3 Cadbury mini eggs.
- Let them set until firm.
Recipe Source: Easy Entertaining: Over 250 Stress-Free Recipes and Sensational Stylling Ideas by Darina Allen
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
This brief video from Cookies, Cupcakes and Cardio shows how to make another style of Chocolate Easter Nests filled with Cadbury Mini Eggs:
If you like no bake chocolate rice krispie egg nests, you might also like:
- Easy Easter Cookies 3 Ways
- Crock Pot Rice Krispie Treats
- Favorite Weight Watchers Recipes for Easter
- Robin’s Egg Nests (Rice Krispies)
- Skinny Mini Baked S’mores
- Snickers Mini Tarts
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!