Easy Easter Cookies Made 3 Ways – Plain, Rolled in Pastel Sugar Crystals, and Topped with Cadbury Mini Eggs – all from a package of Betty Crocker Sugar Cookie Mix.
Most of the time I prefer to bake cookies from scratch. But when time is short a package of Betty Crocker cookie mix is the next best thing.
I like the Betty Crocker pouches much better than the rolls of refrigerated cookie dough. The cookies taste more like homemade to me, probably because you add your own real butter and egg. So I always keep a package or two in the pantry for when a cookie craving strikes, like the other day when I wanted to fill the cookie jar with an assortment of easy Easter cookies.
One package of mix makes 36 cookies, so I decided to make 12 each of 3 different kinds. I started by making 12 plain sugar cookies, since Rod loves them…
I rolled the next 12 in pink and purple sugar…
And the last 12 easy Easter cookies I topped with a couple of Cadbury Mini Eggs…
The Skinny on Easy Easter Cookies
I added 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon to the mix along with the butter and egg, but it’s totally optional. A little lemon zest would be nice too.
Each plain or sugar coated cookie has 2 Weight Watchers PointsPlus, the Cadbury Mini Egg topped ones have 3.
Homemade cookies (of a normal size) rarely have more than 2 or 3 PointsPlus values, making them an excellent way to satisfy a sweet craving while easily staying within your daily PointsPlus allowance. It’s another of the many reasons I love cookies so much.
- 1 package Betty Crocker Sugar Cookie Mix
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- Cadbury Mini Eggs (optional)
- Position an oven rack in the center of your oven and heat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Pull out 2 or 3 cookie sheets and set them aside.
- Mix the cookie dough according to the directions on the package using softened (not melted) butter. It's really pretty easy. Just dump the mix into a bowl. Add the softened butter and an egg and stir with a wooden spoon until combined.
- For plain cookies, place tablespoonfuls of dough 2 inches apart on cool ungreased cookie sheets.
- For sugar topped cookies, roll the dough into 1-inch balls and then roll them in colored sugar crystals and place them 2 inches apart on the cool ungreased cookie sheets.
- For Mini Egg Topped cookies, roll the dough into 1-inch balls and place them 2 inches apart on cool ungreased cookied sheets. Top each cookie with 2 Cadbury Mini Eggs.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until the cookies are light golden brown around the edges.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool on the cookie sheets for a minute or two before transferring the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Repeat with remaining cookie dough, being sure that the cookie sheets have cooled before placing more dough on them. (I sometimes rinse the backs of the cookie sheets under cold water to speed up the process.)
*PointsPlus® for easy Easter Cookies 3 Ways calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc.
If you liked easy Easter Cookies 3 Ways you might also like:
Get Your FREE Guide: 7 Secrets of Successful Weight Watchers
The best tips for weight loss success! You'll also get regular updates from Martha with easy healthy Weight Watchers friendly recipes, support & tips to help you lose weight your way.