Weight Watchers Recipe of the Day: Easter Sugar Cookies
(80 calories | 3 3 3 myWW *SmartPoints value per serving)
Easy Easter Cookies Made 3 Ways – Plain, Rolled in Pastel Sugar Crystals, and Topped with Cadbury Mini Eggs – all from a package of Betty Crocker Sugar Cookie Mix .
Most of the time I prefer to bake cookies from scratch.
But when time is short, a package of Betty Crocker cookie mix is the next best thing.
I like the Betty Crocker pouches much better than the rolls of refrigerated cookie dough. The cookies taste more like homemade to me, probably because you add your own real butter and egg.
So I always keep a package or two in the pantry for when a cookie craving strikes, like the other day when I wanted to fill the cookie jar with an assortment of easy Easter cookies.
One package of mix makes 36 sugar cookies, so I decided to make 12 each of 3 different kinds. I started by making 12 plain sugar cookies, since Rod loves them…
I rolled the next 12 in pink and purple sugar…
And the last 12 easy Easter cookies I topped with a couple of Cadbury Mini Eggs…
The Skinny on Easy Easter Cookies
I added 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon to the mix along with the butter and egg, but it’s totally optional. A little lemon zest would be nice too.
Each plain or sugar coated cookie has about 80 calories and:
3 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
3 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
3 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
2 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
The Cadbury Mini Egg topped cookies have about 111 calories and:
5 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
5 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
5 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
3 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
Curious about Weight Watchers new myWW Green, Blue and Purple plans? Watch this short video to learn more:
Homemade cookies (of a normal size) rarely have more than 3 or 4 Points values, making them an excellent way to satisfy a sweet craving while easily staying within your daily Points allowance.
It’s another of the many reasons I love cookies so much. Enjoy!
If you’ve made this Easter Sugar Cookies, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Easy Easter Cookies 3 Ways Using Betty Crocker Sugar Cookie Mix
- 1 package (17-1/2 ounces) Betty Crocker Sugar Cookie Mix
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- Cadbury Mini Eggs (optional)
- Position an oven rack in the center of your oven and heat the oven to 375F degrees.
- Pull out 2 or 3 cookie sheets and set them aside.
- Mix the cookie dough according to the directions on the package using softened (not melted) butter. It's really pretty easy. Just dump the mix into a bowl. Add the softened butter and an egg and stir with a wooden spoon until combined.
- For Plain Sugar Cookies: Place tablespoonfuls of dough 2 inches apart on cool ungreased cookie sheets.
- For Sugar-Topped Cookies: Toll the dough into 1-inch balls and then roll them in colored sugar crystals and place them 2 inches apart on the cool ungreased cookie sheets.
- For Cadbury Mini Egg Topped Cookies: Roll the dough into 1-inch balls and place them 2 inches apart on cool ungreased cookied sheets. Top each cookie with 2 Cadbury Mini Eggs.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until the cookies are light golden brown around the edges.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool on the cookie sheets for a minute or two before transferring the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Repeat with remaining cookie dough, being sure that the cookie sheets have cooled before placing more dough on them. (I sometimes rinse the backs of the cookie sheets under cold water to speed up the process.)
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you like easy Sugar Cookies you might also like:
- Chocolate Easter Egg Nests
- Easy Strawberry Shortcake Cookies
- Low Fat Soft & Chewy Skinny M&M Cookies
- Simple Sugar Cookies
- Soft & Chewy Coconut Drop Cookies
- Old-Fashioned Brown Sugar Drop Cookies
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!