WW Recipe of the Day: Chocolate Almond Coconut Truffles
(43 calories | 2 2 2 myWW *SmartPoints value per serving)
If you've got the hankering for an Almond Joy® candy bar, you may want to whip up a batch of these healthier chocolate almond coconut truffles instead.
One of these smooth and creamy homemade chocolate truffle balls has about half the calories of a snack size Almond Joy®!
According to Hershey's website, one snack size Almond Joy® bar has about 80 calories and 2* Weight Watchers PointsPlus. The regular size candy bar packs a walloping 220 calories and 6* PointsPlus.
If that's not enough to make you pause, just read through the ingredient list: CORN SYRUP; MILK CHOCOLATE [SUGAR; COCOA BUTTER; CHOCOLATE; MILK; LACTOSE; MILK FAT; NONFAT MILK; LECITHIN (SOY); PGPR (EMULSIFIER)]; COCONUT; SUGAR; ALMONDS (ROASTED IN SUNFLOWER OIL); CONTAINS 2% OR LESS OF: VEGETABLE OIL (PALM KERNEL AND PALM OIL); COCOA; WHEY (MILK); SALT; HYDROLYZED MILK PROTEIN; LECITHIN (SOY); SODIUM METABISULFITE (TO MAINTAIN FRESHNESS)
The Skinny on Healthy Chocolate Almond Coconut Truffles
These simple chocolate truffles, made with just a few ingredients, deliver all the flavors of Hershey's notorious candy bar, with only 46 calories and:
2 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
2 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
2 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
1 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
Curious about Weight Watchers new myWW Green, Blue and Purple plans? Watch this short video to learn more:
While not exactly health food, made with avocado instead of butter, they're a more wholesome chocolate treat.
If you don't care for the almond flavor, just leave out the almond extract and you'll be left with pure creamy, chocolate delight 🙂
Using a rounded teaspoon for rolling will provide you with about 28 chocolate balls. The larger you roll them, the fewer truffles you'll end up with. Enjoy!
If you've made these Healthy Cocoa Almond Truffle Bites, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Healthy Chocolate Almond Coconut Truffles
- ⅔ cup avocado, whipped (about 1 large)
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- ⅔ cup milk chocolate chips
- ½ cup sweetened coconut flakes
- Blend the avocado in a food processor until smooth and creamy.
- Add in cocoa powder, vanilla and almond extract and continue processing until thoroughly combined.
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl, heat chocolate chips in 30 second increments until melted. Stir well to ensure all chips are melted and chocolate smooth.
- Stir avocado mixture into the melted chocolate until well mixed.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- When you're ready to roll truffles, add sweetened coconut flakes to a shallow bowl.
- Roll rounded teaspoon of chocolate mixture into a small ball and roll in coconut to coat evenly.
- Store chocolate truffles in refrigerator until ready to serve.
Recipe source: Food Faith Fitness
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
A Few More Wholesome Holiday Treats for Weight Watchers
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!