WW Freestyle Recipe: Skinny Holiday M&M Cookies
I’ve been making Holiday M&M Cookies since I was a kid. After all these years it wouldn’t be Christmas without them. This year I decided to give them a makeover. This simple recipe for skinny holiday m&m cookies is the result.
Skinny on Holiday M&M Cookies
This recipe uses half the butter and less sugar than the traditional M&M Cookies recipe but is just as delicious. I also used mini holiday m&m baking bits, which are much tinier than regular m&ms, so I was able to use less. The cookies baked up crisp and chewy.
For best results you’ll want to chill the dough at least an hour or overnight. According to my calculations each cookie has 71 calories and *2 Points Plus. Enjoy!
Skinny Holiday M&M Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2/3 cup mini M&M baking bits
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter, sugar and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add the egg, milk and vanilla and beat until creamy and well blended. In another bowl whisk together the flour and baking until combined. Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and beat just until combined. Stir in the M&M baking bits.
- Chill the dough for at least an hour or overnight.
- When you are ready to bake, Position a rack in the center of your oven and heat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Lightly grease cookie sheets with nonstick spray. Drop tablespoonfuls of dough, spaced at least 2 inches apart onto the cookie sheets.
- Bake on the center rack for 9 to 11 minutes, or until they look dull on the surface but are still moist and soft and are just slightly golden.
- Remove from the oven and let rest on the cookie sheet for 2 to 3 minutes and then transfer them with a thin spatula to a wire rack to cool completely.
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
*PointsPlus® for skinny holiday m&m cookies calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc.
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!