WW Recipe of the Day: Christmas Spice Cookies
(51 calories | 2 2 2 myWW *SmartPoints value per serving)
One of my favorite Christmas traditions is baking cookies, something I’ve been doing since I was kid. These WW Friendly Crackle Spice Drops are a lighter version of one of my favorite holiday cookies.
So today I thought it would be fun to share one of my favorite WW recipes for Christmas cookies. These WW Crackle Spice Drops are a lighter version of one of my favorite holiday cookies. I’ve been baking them ever since they were featured in a WW Weekly several years ago.
WW Crackle Spice Drops Baking Notes
- These crackle spice drops were very easy to make.
- With less butter and sugar than a traditional ginger spice cookie, they baked up not-too-spicy and not-too-sweet.
- For best results chill the dough for about 30 minutes before rolling it into balls, which makes the dough easier to work with.
- If you don’t have pumpkin pie spice you can substitute: 1-1/2 teaspoons cinnamon, 1 teaspoon ginger, 1/4 teaspoon cloves, 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg.
- A great addition to your holiday cookie tray, I think these also would make a nice homemade gift packed in a cellophane bag tied with raffia to which you attach an herbal tea bag or two.
How Many Calories/WW Points in these Lighter Healthier Spice Cookies?
According to my calculations, each cookie has just 51 calories and:
2 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
2 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
2 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
1 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
Curious about Weight Watchers new myWW Green, Blue and Purple plans? Watch this short video to learn more:
If you’ve made this Crackle Spice Cookies, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Skinny Crackle Spice Drops Recipe
- 1/2 cup soft reduced-calorie margarine
- 1/2 cup unpacked brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon table salt
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 cup confectioner's sugar for rolling
- Position an oven rack in the center of your oven. Preheat your oven to 375F degrees. Line your baking sheets with silicone liners or parchment for easiest cleanup. Or use ungreased cookie sheets. You'll need at least 2.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the butter and brown sugar with an electric mixer on medium speed until creamy.
- Add the egg and vanilla and beat until light and fluffy.
- Stir in the flour, baking soda, salt and pumpkin pie spice.
- For best results place the cookie dough in the refrigerator to chill for 30 minutes.
- Roll rounded teaspoonfuls of dough into balls and then roll in the confectioners sugar to coat, making 36 cookies.
- Place the balls of cookie dough on the cookie sheets spaced at least 1 inch apart. Bake, one cookie sheet at a time in the center of the oven, until golden, 7 to 8 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool on the cookie sheet for a minute and then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Repeat with the remaining cookies.
Source: Weight Watchers Weekly
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
“Baking cookies is comforting, and cookies are the sweetest little bit of comfort food. They are very bite-sized and personal.” ~ Sandra Lee
More Weight Watchers Friendly Cookie Recipes
- Healthy Pumpkin Cookie Recipes
- Low-Fat Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- 7 Easy Ways to Make Healthier Cookies
- Low Fat Applesauce Oatmeal Cookies
- Giant Low Fat Spice Cake Mix Cookies
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Originally posted 12/2012; Updated with new text and myWW SmartPoints (green, blue, purple) 12/2019
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!