WW Recipe of the Day: Crackle Spice Cookies
(51 calories | *2 WW SmartPoints)
These WW Friendly Crackle Spice Drops are a lighter version of one of my favorite holiday cookies.
The Skinny on Crackle Spice Cookies
As soon as I saw them featured in Weight Watchers weekly, I knew I wanted to try them and I’m glad I did because they turned out really tasty.
With less butter and sugar than a classic cookie recipe, they baked up not-too-spicy and not-too-sweet. The perfect accompaniment to an afternoon cup of tea.
These crackle spice drops were very easy to make too. The recipe suggests that you chill the dough for about 30 minutes before rolling it into balls, which makes rolling easier.
A great addition to your holiday cookie tray, I think these also would make a nice homemade gift packed in a cellophane bag tied with raffia to which you attach an herbal tea bag or two.
According to my calculations, each cookie has just 51 calories, *1 Weight Watchers PointsPlus, *2 WW Freestyle SmartPoints. Enjoy!
Curious about Weight Watchers Freestyle/Flex plan?
Watch this short video to learn more:
If you’ve made these Crackle Spice Cookies, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked them.
Skinny Crackle Spice Drops Recipe
- 1/2 cup soft reduced-calorie margarine
- 1/2 cup unpacked brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon table salt
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 cup confectioner's sugar for rolling
- Position an oven rack in the center of your oven. Preheat your oven to 375F degrees. Line your baking sheets with silicone liners or parchment for easiest cleanup. Or use ungreased cookie sheets. You'll need at least 2.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the butter and brown sugar with an electric mixer on medium speed until creamy.
- Add the egg and vanilla and beat until light and fluffy.
- Stir in the flour, baking soda, salt and pumpkin pie spice.
- For best results place the cookie dough in the refrigerator to chill for 30 minutes.
- Roll rounded teaspoonfuls of dough into balls and then roll in the confectioners sugar to coat, making 36 cookies.
- Place the balls of cookie dough on the cookie sheets spaced at least 1 inch apart. Bake, one cookie sheet at a time in the center of the oven, until golden, 7 to 8 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool on the cookie sheet for a minute and then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Repeat with the remaining cookies.
Source: Weight Watchers Weekly
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
More Weight Watchers Friendly Cookie Recipes
- Healthy Pumpkin Cookie Recipes
- Low-Fat Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- 7 Easy Ways to Make Healthier Cookies
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or Craftsy links, I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!