WW Recipe of the Day: Easy 4-Ingredient No Bake "Brownies"
Recently I've begun experimenting with healthy sweet treats made with whole foods and free of refined sugars. This recipe for easy healthy no bake "brownies" is the chocolate variation of raw blondies from Jules over at The Stone Soup blog.
I love her approach to healthy cooking with 5-Ingredients or less.
As I continue to try to simplify my life and challenge myself to live like I'm on vacation this year, minimal ingredients and simple no cook recipes are more appealing than ever 🙂
4-Ingredient No-Bake Brownies Recipe Notes
Made with dates, almond meal, unsweetened cocoa powder and coconut oil, these no bake "brownies" are gluten-free and really easy to make, provided you have a food processor .
While nobody I know is going to mistake these for traditional brownies, they satisfied my craving for something chocolaty and sweet without creating that edgy, sugar high/low feeling I can get from too much of the refined white stuff.
The flavor and texture reminded me of a homemade chocolate LÄRABAR®, which I'm planning to research and make next.
How Many Calories and WW Points in these No-Bake Brownies?
According to my calculations, each no-bake chocolate "brownie" has 135 calories and:
5 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
5 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
5 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
4 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
blondies – skip the cocoa powder and add 1 to 2 teaspoons vanilla
different nuts – substitute other nuts or nut meals, walnuts, pecans, peanuts, etc.
nut free - substitute sesame/sunflower seeds for the nuts.
weight watchers friendlier - substitute water for the butter/coconut oil. (You might not need it, just add a little at a time until the mixture clumps together.)
mini bars - cut them into 16 little rectangles, more the size of Weight Watchers Mini Snack Bars (but healthier because they are made from all natural ingredients) for 2 SmartPoints each
If you like these no-bake brownies, be sure to check out my other easy, healthy Weight Watchers friendly no-cook sweets recipes including Healthy Chocolate Almond Coconut Truffles, Low Calorie 1-Ingredient Banana Ice Cream, No Bake Peanut Buttery Cookie Dough Balls, Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies and No-Bake Strawberry Cheesecake Parfaits
If you've made these gluten-free No-Bake Brownies, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Healthy 4-Ingredient No-Bake Brownies Recipe
- 3-½ ounces pitted dates (about 8 - 10, depending on size)
- 3-½ ounces almond meal (about 1 cup)
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons melted butter or coconut oil
- Place dates in a heat proof bowl and cover with boiling water. Let stand for 5 minutes. (f you are using soft medjool dates you can skip this step.)
- Place the dates, almond meal, cocoa powder and coconut oil in the bowl of your food processor.
- Whizz until you have a smooth mixture that clumps together. This will take a few minutes.
- Dump your mixture into a loaf pan lined with baking paper or foil, and use your hands to smooth out until it's the height you prefer. Don't spread the mixture over the whole base. Only use half or less, unless you want thin brownies.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until set.
- Cut into 8 even pieces. Store in the refrigerator.
- blondies – skip the cocoa powder and add 1 to 2 teaspoons vanilla
- different nuts – substitute other nuts or nut meals, walnuts, pecans, peanuts, etc.
- nut free - substitute sesame/sunflower seeds for the nuts.
- weight watchers friendlier - substitute water for the butter/coconut oil. (You might not need it, just add a little at a time until the mixture clumps together.)
- mini bars - cut them into 16 little rectangles, more the size of Weight Watchers Mini Snack Bars (but healthier because they are made from all natural ingredients) for 2 SmartPoints each
Source: recipe adapted from Stone Soup
*PersonalPoints® calculated by WW. *PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
Here's another way to make chocolate no bake brownies:
More Healthy No-Bake Dessert/Snack Ideas for Weight Watchers
- No-Bake Strawberries & Cream Crepe Cake (SkinnyTaste)
- No-Bake Peanut Butter Cheerio Bars (RecipeDiaries)
- No-Bake Skinny Strawberry Shortcake Trifle (SkinnyKitchen)
- Healthy No-Bake Maple Cookies (Cookin'Canuck)
- Skinny No-Bake Cookie Balls (SkinnyTaste)
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Almond No Bake Cookies (DrizzleMeSkinny)
Watch how to make a different type of no-bake chocolate brownies:
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!