Weight Watchers Recipe of the Day: Easy Healthy 4-Ingredient No Bake “Brownies”
I’ve begun experimenting with healthy sweet treats made with whole foods and free of refined sugars recently. This recipe for easy healthy no bake “brownies” is the chocolate variation of raw blondies from Jules over at The Stone Soup blog. I love her approach to healthy cooking with 5-Ingredients or less. As I continue to try to simplify my life and challenge myself to live like I’m on vacation this year, minimal ingredients and simple no cook recipes are more appealing than ever 🙂
Skinny on Easy Healthy 4-Ingredient No Bake Brownies
Made with dates, almond meal, unsweetened cocoa powder and coconut oil, these no bake “brownies” are really easy to make provided you have a food processor.
While nobody I know is going to mistake these for traditional brownies, they satisfied my craving for something chocolaty and sweet without creating that edgy sugar high/low feeling I can get from too much of the refined white stuff. The flavor and texture reminded me of a homemade chocolate Larabar, which I’m planning to research and make next. According to my calculations each bar has 135 calories and 5 SmartPoints. Enjoy!
blondies – skip the cocoa powder and add 1 to 2 teaspoons vanilla
different nuts – substitute other nuts or nut meals, walnuts, pecans, peanuts, etc.
nut free – substitute sesame/sunflower seeds for the nuts.
weight watchers friendlier – substitute water for the butter/coconut oil. (You might not need it, just add a little at a time until the mixture clumps together.)
mini bars – cut them into 16 little rectangles, more the size of Weight Watchers Mini Snack Bars (but healthier because they are made from all natural ingredients) for 2SP each
- 3.5 ounces pitted dates (8 to 10 depending on size)
- 3.5 ounces almond meal (1 cup)
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons melted butter or coconut oil
- Place dates in a heat proof bowl and cover with boiling water. Stand for 5 minutes. (f you are using soft medjool dates you can skip this step.)
- Place the dates, almond meal, cocoa powder and coconut oil in the bowl of your food processor.
- Whizz until you have a smooth mixture that clumps together. This will take a few minutes.
- Dump your mixture into a loaf pan lined with baking paper or foil and use your hands to smooth out until it’s the height you prefer. Don’t spread the mixture over the whole base. Only use half or less, unless you want thin brownies.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until set. Then cut into 8 even pieces. Store in the refrigerator.
Source: adapted from Stone Soup
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers zero points fruits and vegetables.
More Healthy Dessert/Snack Ideas for Weight Watchers
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or Craftsy links, I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!
Get Your FREE Guide: 7 Secrets of Successful Weight Watchers
The best tips for weight loss success! You'll also get regular updates from Martha with easy healthy Weight Watchers friendly recipes, support & tips to help you lose weight your way.