Healthy Breakfast Cookie Recipes? Cookies for Breakfast?
Yes, it’s possible to start your day with cookies as long as they are made from one of the healthy breakfast cookie recipes, that I’ve gathered here.
The Skinny on Healthy Breakfast Cookies
I know it’s a cliche but, for most people, a healthy breakfast is important to get the day started right.
Did you know a study from the American Journal of Epidemiology found that people who skipped breakfast were 4.5 times more likely to be obese?
If that isn’t reason enough to eat breakfast, I don’t know what is.
With a plate of healthy breakfast cookies from one of these breakfast cookie recipes on the counter or a bag of individually wrapped treats in the freezer, you can just grab one and go.
I like to enjoy one with a piece of fruit and a little plain organic Greek yogurt for a completely satisfying breakfast. Now all you need is the right breakfast cookie recipes and that’s where this list of healthy cookies recipes comes in 🙂
According to my calculations, these breakfast cookies with dried cranberries from Ellie Krieger have about 190 calories, *5 Weight Watchers Points Plus, *7 WW Freestyle SmartPoints.
Curious about Weight Watchers Freestyle/Flex plan?
Watch this short video to learn more:
If you’ve made these healthy breakfast cookies, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked them.
Ellie Krieger's Breakfast Cookies Recipe
- 3/4 cup whole-wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup (1 small jar) strained carrot baby food
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup bran cereal flakes
- 1/3 cup raisins or dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup walnut pieces, lightly toasted and chopped
- Place rack in the center of the oven and preheat oven to 350F degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, stir together flours, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt until well combined.
- In a large bowl, beat butter, oil and sugars with an electric mixer on medium high speed, until sugars have dissolved and mixture is light in color, about 1 minute. Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula if necessary to make sure everything is well blended.
- Add egg, carrot puree and vanilla and beat an additional 30 seconds.
- Add flour mixture and beat an additional 30 seconds.
- Add oats, flakes, raisins or dried cranberries, and walnuts and mix on low speed just until incorporated. Dough will be slightly sticky and less cohesive than traditional cookie dough.
- Using 3 to 4 tablespoons of batter, form a ball and place on a lined cookie sheet. Repeat with remaining batter, spacing about 3 inches apart. Wet hands and use palm of hand to flatten cookies until about 1/4-inch thick.
- Bake for 12 minutes, until cookies are fragrant but still soft in the center. Remove from the oven and let cookies cool slightly, then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Source: This delicious breakfast cookie recipes comes from The Food You Crave: Luscious Recipes for a Healthy Life by Ellie Krieger. I love her sensible approach to healthy cooking and eating.
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
More Breakfast Cookie Recipes from around the Web
Light, Satisfying Breakfast Balls – These healthy breakfast cookies are made with cooked brown rice, chia seeds, cashews, coconut, raisins and dates. From Savvy Vegetarian.
Breakfast Cookies – A few weeks ago I was reading a blog by someone in California who mentioned breakfast cookies. Shortly after hearing of breakfast cookies, what should appear on the shelves of my local grocery store but Quaker Breakfast Cookies. Found at Cookie Madness.
FiberOne Breakfast Cookies – I’m back with another healthy breakfast cookie recipes from The Sneaky Chef. Recipe from Eggless Cooking.
All Natural Banana Oatmeal Cookies – Today’s breakfast cookie recipes was sent to me by Sue, who found it on some junk mail. It was originally called “Sugarless Oatmeal Cookies.” Found at Cookie Madness.
Banana Oatmeal Cookies – are the kind of cookies you can eat for breakfast without feeling the least bit guilty since they are full of good-for-you breakfast ingredients like oatmeal, bananas and walnuts. This favorite breakfast cookie recipes found at Best Ever Cookie Collection.
Fig and Nut Breakfast Cookies– found at Cooking Light
Whole Wheat Pumpkin Spice Breakfast Cookies – low fat cookies filled with all kinds of good-for-you ingredients including pumpkin, flax meal, yogurt and dried cranberries found at Enlightened Cooking.
If you like these healthy breakfast cookie recipes, you might also like:
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or Craftsy links, I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!