Are you looking for a healthy easy breakfast ? I hope you’ll try the best breakfast yogurt ever. (At least I think so.)
It’s the first and only recipe I’ve ever made from The French Women Don’t Get Fat Cookbook by Mireille Guiliano.
Combining yogurt, flaxseed oil, finely ground whole grain sugar-free cereal, nuts and honey, it’s a healthy and delicious way to start the day that will keep you satisfied for hours.
Best breakfast yogurt made lots of different ways is one of my favorite go-to summer breakfast options.
Skinny on Best Breakfast Yogurt
I finely grind a week’s worth of nuts and cereal and keep them in a jar in the refrigerator so I can stir my yummy breakfast yogurt together in less than 5 minutes.
Often I top it with a serving of fresh fruit. Strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, bananas, and chopped fresh orange are all delicious.
According to my calculations each serving of breakfast yogurt has 225 calories and *6 Weight Watchers Points Plus.
- ½ cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon flaxseed oil
- 1 to 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey or 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons finely ground walnuts or almonds
- 2 tablespoons finely ground sugar free cereal (shredded wheat, oats)
- Put all the ingredients in a bowl and stir vigorously until you get a creamy homogeneous mixture.
- Serve at once.
This is a basic template recipe you can modify to suit your tastes. I sometimes use 1 tablespoon ground flaxseeds instead of the flaxseed oil and finely ground sugar free cereal.
To save time grind a week's worth of cereal and nuts and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Best Breakfast Yogurt Variations:
- Use ricotta or cottage cheese instead of yogurt.
- Substitute safflower oil or olive oil for the flaxseed oil.
- Use fresh orange juice or grapefruit juice instead of lemon juice.
- Use any sugar free cereal you like.
- Use whatever nuts you like (pecans, pine nuts, hazelnuts, almonds, walnuts, macadamia nuts, etc.)
*PointsPlus® for best breakfast yogurt calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc.
If you liked best breakfast yogurt:
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
Get Your FREE Guide: 7 Secrets of Successful Weight Watchers
The best tips for weight loss success! You'll also get regular updates from Martha with easy healthy Weight Watchers friendly recipes, support & tips to help you lose weight your way.