Weight Watchers Recipe of the Day: The Best Breakfast Yogurt
Are you looking for a healthy easy breakfast? I hope you'll try the best breakfast yogurt ever...
At least I think so!
It's the first recipe I've ever made from The French Women Don't Get Fat Cookbook (affiliate link) by Mireille Guiliano.
Combining yogurt, flaxseed oil, finely ground whole grain sugar-free cereal, nuts and honey, it's a healthy and delicious way to start the day that will keep you satisfied for hours.
This best breakfast yogurt can made lots of different ways and is one of my favorite and quick go-to summer breakfast options that's good all year round.
Skinny on Best Breakfast Yogurt
I finely grind a week's worth of nuts and cereal and keep them in a jar in the refrigerator so I can stir my yummy breakfast yogurt together in less than 5 minutes.
Often I top it with a serving of fresh fruit. Strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, bananas, and chopped fresh orange are all delicious.
How Many Calories and Weight Watchers Points in French Women's Breakfast Yogurt?
According to my calculations each serving of breakfast yogurt has 225 calories and:
6 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
6 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
6 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
6 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
To see your WW PersonalPoints for this recipe and track it in the WW app or site, Click here!
Here's another way to make your own Healthy Breakfast Greek Yogurt Bowl:
Find for More Weight Watchers Friendly Breakfast Ideas
Best Breakfast Yogurt Recipe Variations:
- Use ricotta or cottage cheese instead of yogurt
- Substitute safflower oil or olive oil for the flaxseed oil
- Use fresh orange juice or grapefruit juice instead of lemon juice
- Use any sugar-free cereal you like
- Use whatever nuts you like (pecans, pine nuts, hazelnuts, almonds, walnuts, macadamia nuts, etc.)
If you like this easy breakfast yogurt, be sure to check out my other Weight Watchers friendly recipes for breakfast including Strawberry Yogurt Granola Parfaits, Skinny Berry Yogurt Cups, Skinny Pumpkin Pie Yogurt, Easy Apple Yogurt Bowl and Chocolate Raspberry Yogurt Parfait
If you've made this Breakfast Yogurt, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Best Breakfast Yogurt Recipe
- ½ cup plain, non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon flaxseed oil
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey (or 2 teaspoons pure maple syrup)
- 2 teaspoons finely ground walnuts or almonds
- 2 tablespoons finely ground sugar-free cereal (shredded wheat, oats, etc.)
- Put all the ingredients in a bowl and stir vigorously until you get a creamy homogeneous mixture.
- Serve at once.
Source: Mireille Guiliano's The French Women Don't Get Fat Cookbook (affiliate link)
*Points® calculated by WW. *PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
More Yogurt Recipes for Weight Watchers
- Easy Apple Pie Parfait (SimpleNourishedLiving)
- Cherry-Vanilla Super Yogurt (HungryGirl)
- 1-Minute Cookie Dough Yogurt (DashingDish)
- Greek Yogurt with Nuts & Honey (SkinnyTaste)
- Fresh Berries & Yogurt Crunch Parfait (SkinnyKitchen)
- Healthy Yogurt Breakfast Parfait with Blueberries & Granola (Cookin'Canuck)
- Granola Cups with Yogurt (EmilyBites)
Martha is the founder and main content writer for Simple-Nourished-Living.
A longtime lifetime WW at goal, she is committed to balancing her love of food and desire to stay slim while savoring life and helping others do the same.
She is the author of the Smart Start 28-Day Weight Loss Challenge.
A huge fan of the slow cooker and confessed cookbook addict, when she's not experimenting in the kitchen, you're likely to find Martha on her yoga mat.
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!
Leave a Reply