WW Recipe of the Day: Healthy Apple Yogurt Bowl
Get your morning started right with this super-simple four-ingredient apple yogurt bowl.
Try chunky or flavored applesauce for easy variations.
Apple Yogurt Bowl Recipe Notes
I love yogurt and eat a lot of it for breakfast, especially during the warm months, of which there are many here in the desert.
To fancy things up, it's fun to make yogurt bowls or layered parfaits using fruit, yogurt and crunchy cereal like granola.
This super simple, easy + healthy apple yogurt bowl parfait is a great example.
With just 4 ingredients, it comes together in minutes. And is a great alternative when you're out of fresh fruit.
Of course it can be adapted to suit your tastes and what's available.
How Many Calories and WW Points in this Yogurt Bowl?
According to my calculations, each serving has about 158 calories and:
5 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
5 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
2 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
4 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
To see your WW PersonalPoints for this recipe and track it in the WW app or site, Click here!
vegan - substitute your favorite non-dairy yogurt
different fruits - chunky or smooth applesauce, flavored applesauce, add a chopped fresh apple for more crunch, add a layer of blueberries, raspberries, or strawberries
different cereals - any crunchy cereal will work: granola, Grape-nuts, Fiber-One, Kashi Go-Lean, crushed shredded wheat, etc.
different spices - cinnamon, allspice, ground ginger, or skip it altogether
different yogurts - I opted for Greek yogurt to increase the protein a bit. Any flavor/style of yogurt you like will work
If you like this easy apple yogurt bowl parfait, be sure to check out my other easy, healthy Weight Watchers friendly recipes including Skinny Berry Yogurt Cups, Strawberry Yogurt Granola Parfaits, Chocolate Raspberry Yogurt Parfait, The French Lady's Breakfast Yogurt and Skinny Pumpkin Pie Yogurt
Are You Ready To Firmly Plant Yourself
On The Path To Lasting Weight Loss Success?
If you've made this Low-Fat Apple Yogurt Parfait Bowl, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Healthy Apple Yogurt Bowl Recipe
- 1 cup sweetened applesauce
- Dash ground nutmeg
- ½ cup low-fat granola with raisins
- 1-⅓ cups low-fat Greek vanilla yogurt
- In a small bowl stir together the applesauce and nutmeg.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon granola into each of four small clear glass bowls.
- Then layer each one with ⅓ cup yogurt and ¼ cup applesauce.
- Sprinkle with the remaining granola.
- Serve immediately.
- vegan - substitute your favorite non-dairy yogurt
- different fruits - chunky or smooth applesauce, flavored applesauce, add a chopped fresh apple for more crunch, add a layer of blueberries, raspberries, or strawberries
- different cereals - any crunchy cereal will work: granola, Grape-nuts, Fiber-One, Kashi Go-Lean, crushed shredded wheat, etc.
- different spices - cinnamon, allspice, ground ginger, or skip it altogether
- different yogurts - I opted for Greek yogurt to increase the protein a bit. Any flavor/style of yogurt you like will work
Source: adapted from Taste of Home
*Points® calculated by WW. *PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
Honeysuckle shares her 3 favorite healthy yogurt bowl recipes:
More WW Friendly Yogurt Bowl Parfait Recipes:
- Dreamsicle Overnight Oatmeal Parfait (HungryGirl)
- Fresh Berries &' Yogurt Crunch Parfait (SkinnyKitchen)
- Healthy Spiced Pumpkin, Yogurt & Granola Parfait (Cookin'Canuck)
- Raspberry Honey Parfait (EatYourselfSkinny)
- PB&J Yogurt Parfait (HungryGirl)
- Maple Pumpkin Pie Yogurt Breakfast Parfait (YummyLife)
Here are 3 Healthy Breakfast Parfait Recipes from the Domestic Geek:
Martha is the founder and main content writer for Simple-Nourished-Living.
A longtime lifetime WW at goal, she is committed to balancing her love of food and desire to stay slim while savoring life and helping others do the same.
She is the author of the Smart Start 28-Day Weight Loss Challenge.
A huge fan of the slow cooker and confessed cookbook addict, when she's not experimenting in the kitchen, you're likely to find Martha on her yoga mat.
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!
Just wondering how it is only 2 points on purple when the applesauce(I used unsweetened) alone is worth more than that?Am I doing something wrong?
Hi Connie, According to the WW App unsweetened applesauce is 0 Points. Hope this helps. ~Martha
Interesting....when I scanned the one I purchased, it came up as 2 points. When I look up the item generally, some other brands are 0 points. I guess I purchased the wrong one!Thanks for the feedback.