WW Recipe of the Day: Sugar-Free Almond Apple Cookies
(60 calories | 2 2 2 myWW *SmartPoints value per serving)
A nice lunchbox or after school snack, these cookies bake up soft and cake-like in less than 30 minutes with no added sugar. They are vegan, Paleo-friendly, dairy-free, grain-free, oil-free and gluten-free.
How Many Calories and WW Points in these Easy Apple Cookies?
According to my calculations, each cookie has just 60 calories and:
2 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
2 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
2 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
2 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
Curious about Weight Watchers new myWW Green, Blue and Purple plans? Watch this short video to learn more:
How to Make Sugar-Free Almond Apple Cookies
Step 1: Gather and prepare all ingredients.
Step 2: Preheat oven to 350F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or silicone liner and set aside.
Step 3: Wash and dry apple. Can be peeled or left intact – either way is fine. (I didn’t peel mine.) Core apple and cut into chunks.
Step 4: Place chunks in small food processor and process until pureed – stopping and scraping the sides as needed. (Puree should resemble raw apple sauce.)
Step 5: In a medium bowl, add the almond flour. Stir in 1/2 cup of the pureed apple, cinnamon and salt (if using) until thoroughly mixed.
Step 6: With a small cookie scoop (about 1 tablespoon), drop mounds of dough on the prepared cookie sheet – leaving at least 2 inches between cookies. Slightly flatten with thumb or back of a spoon.
Step 7: Bake for 15 to 18 minutes, or until golden brown and centers of cookies are set. (I used my new Cuisinart Chef’s Convection Toaster Oven and they came our perfectly and I didn’t have to heat up the whole kitchen for a small batch of cookies.)
Remove cookies to wire rack to cool completely.
Easy Almond-Apple Cookies Recipe Notes
For best tasting cookies, be sure to use a tart-sweet or sweet apple, such as Gala, Fuji, Honeycrisp, Pink Ladies, Braeburn, etc.
Be sure to process the apple until it looks like raw apple sauce and the juices are releasing. Be sure to measure the amount of apple after it has been pureed. Do not use more than the 1/2 cup that is called for in the recipe or your mixture will be too wet.
Change up the flavor by substituting the ground cinnamon with pumpkin pie spice, ginger, or cardamom, or adding a tablespoon or two of mini chocolate chips, stirring in a bit of extract (1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract or 1/8 teaspoon of almond)
Add a little more sweetness with a couple of teaspoons of your sweetener of choice (brown sugar, coconut sugar, maple syrup, honey, truvia , etc.)
Ways to Use Almond Apple Cookie Leftovers
Leftover cookies can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
If you’ve made these low carb Apple Cookies, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Sugar-Free Almond Apple Cookies
- 1 small sweet or tart-sweet apple (Gala, Fuji, Honeycrisp, Pink Ladies, Braeburn, etc.) (about 5 ounce - to make 1/2 cup
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt (optional, but highly recommended)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or silicone liner and set aside.
- Wash and dry apple. Can be peeled or left intact - either way is fine. (I didn't peel mine.)
- Core apple and cut into chunks. Place chunks in small food processor and process until pureed - stopping and scraping the sides as needed. (Puree should resemble raw apple sauce. You'll need 1/2 cup of it for the recipe.)
- In a medium bowl, add the almond flour. Stir in 1/2 cup of the pureed apple, cinnamon and salt (if using) until thoroughly mixed.
- With a small cookie scoop (about 1 tablespoon), drop mounds of dough on the prepared cookie sheet - leaving at least 2 inches between cookies. Slightly flatten with thumb or back of a spoon.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes, or until golden brown and centers of cookies are set. Remove cookies to wire rack to cool completely.
Recipe source: Powerhungry.com by Camilla Saulsbury
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you like these Sugar-Free Almond Apple Cookies, you might also like:
- No-Bake Sugar Free Apple Slice Cookies
- Sugar Free Apple Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies
- Skinny Apple Pie Yogurt Parfait
- Easy Baked Apples
- Cranberry Apple Oatmeal Cookies
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!