WW Recipe of the Day: Healthy Fall Fruit & Grain Salad
Before you get all crazy on Halloween candy, I’ve got a deliciously healthy and satisfying fall fruit and grain salad for you to consider.
If you don’t get around to making it today, I hope you’ll put it on your must-try list.
It really is that good 🙂
Crunchy apples, juicy grapes, hearty grains, tangy dried cranberries, sweet chopped dates, and crunchy walnuts tossed with a luscious creamy vanilla-cinnamon yogurt dressing.
All I can say is YUM!! This easy, healthy satisfying salad works equally well for breakfast or lunch. Or as a side dish or snack.
Skinny on Fall Fruit and Grain Salad
This fall fruit and farro salad was a pleasant surprise. I had never considered combining fruit with grains in a salad, but I liked the chewy contrast they provided.
If you can’t find farro, I think barley or wheat berries would be a great substitute. Or you could skip the cooked grains altogether if you’re not convinced.
According to my calculations each serving has 211 calories and *6 Weight Watchers PointsPlus and *7 WW Freestyle SmartPoints. Enjoy!
Curious about Weight Watchers Freestyle/Flex plan?
Watch this short video to learn more:
If you’ve made this Fall Fruit Salad with Farro, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it.
Fall Fruit and Grain Salad Recipe
- 2 crisp eating apples, chopped (I used honey crisp)
- 1 cup red grapes, halved
- 1 cup green grapes, halved
- 1 cup cooked farro (1/2 cup uncooked)
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped dates
- 1 cup non-fat vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- Place the chopped apples, grape, farro, walnuts, cranberries, and dates in a large bowl. Toss to combine.
- Stir together the yogurt, brown sugar, cinnamon, vanilla and salt until well blended.
- Drizzle over the fruit mixture and stir until everything is coated with yogurt.
- Enjoy immediately or refrigerate in an airtight container for 2 to 3 days.
Source: adapted from Healthy Fruit and Nut Salad from Two Healthy Kitchens
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
More Healthy Fruit Salads Made Lighter
- Autumn Apple and Grape Medley (SkinnyTaste)
- Halloween Candy Corn Fruit Parfait (Simple-Nourished-Living)
- Honey Mint Citrus Salad (EmilyBites)
- Creamy Grape Salad (Simple-Nourished-Living)
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!