WW Recipe of the Day: Healthy Fall Fruit & Grain Salad
Before you get all crazy on Halloween candy, I've got a deliciously healthy and satisfying fall fruit and grain salad for you to consider.
If you don't get around to making it today, I hope you'll put it on your must-try list.
It really is that good 🙂
Crunchy apples, juicy grapes, hearty grains, tangy dried cranberries, sweet chopped dates, and crunchy walnuts tossed with a luscious creamy vanilla-cinnamon yogurt dressing.
All I can say is YUM!! This easy, healthy satisfying salad works equally well for breakfast or lunch. Or as a side dish or snack.
Skinny on Fall Fruit and Grain Salad
This fall fruit and farro salad was a pleasant surprise. I had never considered combining fruit with grains in a salad, but I liked the chewy contrast they provided.
If you can't find farro, I think barley or wheat berries would be a great substitute. Or you could skip the cooked grains altogether if you're not convinced.
How Many Calories and WW Points in this Fruit Salad?
According to my calculations each serving has 211 calories and:
7 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
7 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
6 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
6 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
If you've made this Low-Fat Fruit Salad with Farro, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Fall Fruit and Grain Salad Recipe
- 2 crisp eating apples, chopped (I used honey crisp)
- 1 cup red grapes, halved
- 1 cup green grapes, halved
- 1 cup cooked farro (½ cup uncooked)
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup chopped dates
- 1 cup non-fat vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- Place the chopped apples, grape, farro, walnuts, cranberries, and dates in a large bowl. Toss to combine.
- Stir together the yogurt, brown sugar, cinnamon, vanilla and salt until well blended.
- Drizzle over the fruit mixture and stir until everything is coated with yogurt.
- Enjoy immediately or refrigerate in an airtight container for 2 to 3 days.
Source: adapted from Healthy Fruit and Nut Salad from Two Healthy Kitchens
*PersonalPoints® calculated by WW. *PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
More Healthy Fruit Salads Made Lighter
- Autumn Apple and Grape Medley (SkinnyTaste)
- Halloween Candy Corn Fruit Parfait (Simple-Nourished-Living)
- Honey Mint Citrus Salad (EmilyBites)
- Creamy Grape Salad (Simple-Nourished-Living)
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!