(Weight Watchers Friendly Crock Pot Cooking, Day 13 – Crock Pot Potatoes Dijonnaise)
I made these crockpot potatoes dijonnaise to go with a smoked salmon spinach frittata I had planned for dinner.
After scrounging around and finding 4 potatoes in the pantry, I went looking for a crockpot potatoes recipe.
I found this recipe for CrockPot Potatoes Dijonnaise in Slow-Cooker Recipes Cookbook, a Gooseberry Patch Cookbook. While it looked good, the recipe called for 1/3 cup dijon mustard, 1/2 cup oil and 1/3 cup red wine vinegar. Not exactly Weight Watchers Friendly!
I cut way back on the amount of oil, vinegar and mustard called for. I mixed together just enough to lightly coat the potatoes. One of the advantages of crock pot cooking is that you can use a lot less fat, because the moisture and flavors are retained during cooking. I also added a little rosemary seasoning blend from Pampered Chef that I love.
Rod and I both really liked these CrockPot Potatoes Dijonnaise. They were delicious with the frittata.
CrockPot Potatoes Dijonnaise
- 1-2 tablespoons dijon mustard I liked mustard so used 2 tablespoons
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste I used 1 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 4 medium potatoes peeled and cubed (The larger the cubes, the longer your crockpot potatoes will take to cook.)
- 1 medium onion chopped
- In a medium bowl, stir together the mustard, oil and vinegar until well blended. Stir in the salt and pepper to taste. Add the potatoes and onion and stir to coat.
- Coat your crockpot with nonstick spray. (I used my 2-quart)
- Dump the mixture into the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours, or until the potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork.
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you liked this CrockPot Potatoes Dijonnaise, you might also like:
*PointsPlus® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc.
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!