Weight Watchers Recipe of the Day: Crock Pot Potatoes Dijonnaise
(196 calories | 6 6 1 myWW *SmartPoints value per serving)
I made these crockpot potatoes dijonnaise to go with a smoked salmon spinach frittata I had planned for dinner.
After scrounging around and finding 4 potatoes in the pantry, I went looking for a crockpot potatoes recipe.
The Skinny on Crock Pot Potatoes Dijonnaise
I found this recipe for CrockPot Potatoes Dijonnaise in Slow-Cooker Recipes Cookbook (Everyday Cookbook Collection) , a Gooseberry Patch Cookbook. While it looked good, the recipe called for ⅓ cup dijon mustard, ½ cup oil and ⅓ cup red wine vinegar. Not exactly Weight Watchers Friendly!
I cut way back on the amount of oil, vinegar and mustard called for. I mixed together just enough to lightly coat the potatoes.
One of the advantages of crock pot cooking is that you can use a lot less fat, because the moisture and flavors are retained during cooking.
I also added a little rosemary seasoning blend from Pampered Chef that I love.
Rod and I both really liked these CrockPot Potatoes Dijonnaise. They were delicious with the frittata.
According to my calculations, each generous 1-cup serving has 196 calories and:
6 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
6 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
1 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
5 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
If you've made these low fat Slow Cooked Potatoes Dijonnaise, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
CrockPot Potatoes Dijonnaise
- 1-2 tablespoons dijon mustard (I liked mustard, so I used 2 tablespoons)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste (I used 1 teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper)
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed (The larger the cubes, the longer your crockpot potatoes will take to cook.)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- Ideal slow cooker size: 2-Quart.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the mustard, oil and vinegar until well blended. Stir in the salt and pepper to taste. Add the potatoes and onion and stir to coat.
- Coat your crockpot with nonstick spray. (I used my 2-quart)
- Dump the mixture into the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours, or until the potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork.
Source: Slow-Cooker Recipes Cookbook (Everyday Cookbook Collection) , a Gooseberry Patch Cookbook
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you like this CrockPot Potatoes Dijonnaise, you might also like:
- Skinny Potato Leek Soup
- Easy Slow Cooker Potato Soup
- Skinny Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- Slow Cooker Spanish Potato Onion Soup
- Cottage Cheese Baked Potato with Salsa
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!