(Weight Watchers Friendly Crock Pot Cooking Day 191 – Slow Cooker Slow Cooker Peach Pork)
I used boneless pork spareribs in this slow cooker peach pork since they were on sale when I shopped. Not as lean as pork loin, they cooked up moist and incredibly tender. And were the perfect combination of sweet and spicy.
Skinny on Slow Cooker Peach Pork
With just 5 ingredients you can toss this slow cooker peach pork together in minutes.
If you’re watching your points you’ll probably want to use pork tenderloin which is extremely lean. Or even boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs.
Use whatever kind of salsa you’ve got on hand.
A little minute tapioca is my secret ingredient for thickening up crock pot sauces. If you don’t mind a thinner sauce it’s fine to skip it.
We thought this slow cooker peach pork was a winner. It’s definitely a recipe worth repeating.
According to my calculations each serving has 177 calories, 4* Weight Watchers Points Plus (6 if you use boneless spareribs) and 4* WW Freestyle SmartPoints.
Slow Cooker Peach Pork
- 1 pound pork tenderloin cut into stew-size pieces (I used boneless pork spareribs because they were on sale.)
- 1-1/2 tablespoons reduced-sodium taco seasoning mix
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 1 tablespoon minute tapioca
- 3 tablespoons peach all-fruit spread
- Ideal slow cooker size: 1-1/2 to 2-Quart
- Coat the the slow cooker with nonstick spray.
- Trim the pork of any excess fat and cut it into stew-size pieces.
- Sprinkle the taco seasoning on the pork and toss to coat it.
- Place pork in the slow cooker.
- Add the salsa, tapioca and peach preserves and stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours or until fork tender.
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® for slow cooker peach pork calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers zero points fruits and vegetables.
If you liked slow cooker peach pork:
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!