Weight Watchers Crock Pot Recipes #225 – Mel’s Easy Slow Cooker Pork Chops
When I asked Rod whether he wanted me to make something new or have leftovers for dinner tonight, without hesitation he responded, “Let’s have leftovers.”
Could there be a better endorsement for these easy slow cooker pork chops?
I found the recipe on Mel’s Kitchen Cafe, where she describes it as one of her best slow cooker recipes for pork.
For A Limited Time:
Enjoy 25% off your meal plan subscription when you subscribe today!
Skinny on Mel’s Easy Slow Cooker Pork Chops
I made only one minor adjustment. To avoid having to make a flour or cornstarch slurry at the end to thicken the sauce, I added a tablespoon of instant tapioca at the beginning.
Be sure to use reduced-sodium soy sauce and chicken broth to prevent the sauce from being too salty. And Mel said to be sure to include the red pepper flakes.
You’ll want to serve these chops with something to capture the delectable sauce. Mashed potatoes and rice are my favorites.
According to my calculations each serving has 272 calories and 7* Weight Watchers Points Plus.
(eCourse + eBook)
(eCourse + eBook)
- Nonstick spray
- 4 pork chops, about 1-inch thick (5 ounces each)
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- ¼ cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- ¼ cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon instant tapioca
- Ideal Slow Cooker Size: 1-1/2 to 3-1/2 Quart. (I used my new 1-1/2 quart oval one)
- Coat a large skillet with non-stick spray.
- Season the pork chops on both sides with salt and pepper. Brown the pork chops for 1-2 minutes on each side until golden.
- Transfer the chops to the slow cooker.
- Add the garlic to the drippings in the skillet and stir constantly over medium low heat until the garlic is aromatic and golden (but not burned or it will turn bitter!). Stir in the soy sauce, broth, brown sugar and red pepper flakes. Cook, stirring constantly, until the sugar is dissolved. Stir in the tapioca and then pour over the chops.
- Add pork chops to your slow cooker, cover and cook on LOW for 4 to 6 hours, or until the meat is fork tender.
Source: adapted slightly from Mel’s Kitchen Cafe
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
If You Like These Easy Slow Cooker Pork Chops, You Might Also Like:
- Mom’s Crock Pot Tomato Soup Pork Chops Made Lighter
- Easy “Happy Kid” Slow Cooker Pork Chops
- WW Slow Cooker Pork Roast with Prunes
- Easy, Healthy 4-Ingredient Hawaiian Slow Cooker Kalua Pork and Cabbage
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or Craftsy links, I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!
Get Your FREE Guide: 7 Secrets of Successful Weight Watchers
The best tips for weight loss success! You'll also get regular updates from Martha with easy healthy Weight Watchers friendly recipes, support & tips to help you lose weight your way.