WW Recipe of the Day - Mel's Easy Slow Cooker Pork Chops
(272 calories | 7 7 7 myWW *SmartPoints value per serving)
When I asked Rod whether he wanted me to make something new or have leftovers for dinner tonight, without hesitation he responded, "Let's have leftovers."
Could there be a better endorsement for these easy slow cooker pork chops?
I found the recipe on Mel's Kitchen Cafe, where she describes it as one of her best slow cooker recipes for pork.
Skinny on Mel's Easy Slow Cooker Pork Chops
I made only one minor adjustment. To avoid having to make a flour or cornstarch slurry at the end to thicken the sauce, I added a tablespoon of instant tapioca at the beginning.
Be sure to use reduced-sodium soy sauce and chicken broth to prevent the sauce from being too salty.
And Mel says to be sure to include the red pepper flakes.
You'll want to serve these chops with something to capture the delectable sauce. Mashed potatoes and rice are my favorites.
According to my calculations each serving has 272 calories and
7 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
7 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
7 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
7 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
Curious about Weight Watchers new myWW Green, Blue and Purple plans? Watch this short video to learn more:
If you've made these Crock Pot Pork Chops, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked them.
Mel's Easy Slow Cooker Pork Chops Recipe
- Nonstick spray
- 4 pork chops, about 1-inch thick (5 ounces each)
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- ¼ cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- ¼ cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon instant tapioca
- Ideal Slow Cooker Size: 1-½ to 3-½ Quart. (I used my new 1-½ quart oval one)
- Coat a large skillet with non-stick spray.
- Season the pork chops on both sides with salt and pepper. Brown the pork chops for 1-2 minutes on each side until golden.
- Transfer the chops to the slow cooker.
- Add the garlic to the drippings in the skillet and stir constantly over medium low heat until the garlic is aromatic and golden (but not burned, or it will turn bitter!) Stir in the soy sauce, broth, brown sugar and red pepper flakes. Cook, stirring constantly, until the sugar is dissolved. Stir in the tapioca and then pour over the chops.
- Add pork chops to your slow cooker, cover and cook on LOW for 4 to 6 hours, or until the meat is fork tender.
Source: adapted slightly from Mel's Kitchen Cafe
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
If You Like These Easy Slow Cooked Pork Chops, You Might Also Like:
- Mom's Crock Pot Tomato Soup Pork Chops Made Lighter
- Easy "Happy Kid" Slow Cooker Pork Chops
- WW Slow Cooker Pork Roast with Prunes
- Easy, Healthy 4-Ingredient Hawaiian Slow Cooker Kalua Pork & Cabbage
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!