Weight Watchers Recipe of the Day - Mom's Easy Crock Pot Tomato Soup Pork Chops
(242 calories | 4 4 4 myWW *SmartPoints value per serving)
Here's a recipe for Mom's crock pot tomato soup pork chops. Well, kinda-sorta.
Mom always made her tomato soup pork chops in the oven. I, of course, wanted to use the crock pot.
And when I went to the store yesterday, boneless pork shoulder roasts were on sale so I grabbed one instead.
I could have sliced the roast to make my own chops, but that would have required extra effort.
Either a pork roast or pork chops will work fine in this crock pot tomato soup pork chops recipe.
The Skinny on Mom's Crock Pot Tomato Soup Pork Chops
Pork shoulder isn't the leanest meat in the world, but it cooks up moist and tender in the crock pot.
You might be able to save a point or two using a leaner cut of pork, but it will be drier.
I'm in maintenance mode and prefer to eat a bit less of something that tastes good, than more of something that doesn't.
As always, go with what works best for you!
Served with mashed potatoes and sugar snap peas, this tomato soup pork was deliciously satisfying.
How Many Calories and WW Points in these Slow Cooker Pork Chops?
According to my calculations, each serving has 242 calories and:
4 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
4 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
4 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
6 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
Curious about Weight Watchers new myWW Green, Blue and Purple plans? Watch this short video to learn more:
If you like this comfort food recipe for crock pot tomato soup pork chops, be sure to check out some of my other Weight Watchers friendly slow cooker recipes including Steph's Happy Kid Slow Cooker Pork Chops, Easy 3-Ingredient Crock Pot Italian Beef, Slow Cooker Pork Roast with Prunes, Mom's 3 Packet Slow Cooker Roast Beef and Crock Pot Pineapple Pork.
If you've made these easy Crock Pot Pork Chops, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Mom's Crock Pot Tomato Soup Pork Chops Recipe
- 2 pounds pork roast or pork chops (I used boneless pork shoulder roast, trimming away as much extra fat as I could)
- 1 large onion (about 3 cups sliced)
- 1 can (10.75 ounces) condensed tomato soup
- Montreal steak seasoning or salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons minute tapioca
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Ideal slow cooker size: 4-Quart.
- Grease your slow cooker.
- Place half of the sliced onions into the slow cooker.
- Season the meat all over with salt and pepper or your favorite seasoning. (I used Montreal steak seasoning. I love it on just about everything.)
- Place pork on top of the onions. Then place the rest of the onions over the meat.
- Stir together the soup, tapioca, Worcestershire, vinegar, brown sugar, and garlic powder and pour over the meat and onions.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 7 to 9 hours (for a roast) or 5 to 7 hours for chops, or until fork tender.
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you like Mom's Easy Slow Cooked Tomato Soup Pork Chops you might also like:
- Italian Slow Cooker Pork and White Beans
- Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Loin with Applesauce
- Crock Pot Teriyaki Pork Roast
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!