Weight Watchers Recipe of the Day: Skinny Ham Salad
Finely chopped cooked ham mixed with onion, mustard, mango chutney, light mayonnaise and nonfat Greek Yogurt combined to make a yummy skinny ham salad.
Ham salad is one of my favorite ways to use up the leftover bits from a baked ham. It makes a great sandwich filling for rye bread or small rolls or a tasty topping for crackers and cucumber slices, which is the way I enjoyed it for lunch today.
Skinny on Skinny Ham Salad
The inspiration for this skinny ham salad s comes from The Fannie Farmer Cookbook, my go-to cookbook when I’m seeking old-fashioned comfort. I lightened it up by using a combination of light mayonnaise and nonfat Greek yogurt in place of the full fat mayo called for, with good results.
According to my calculations each 1/4-cup serving has 73 calories and *2 Weight Watchers Points Plus.
- 1 cup chopped cooked ham
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 2 teaspoons mustard
- 1 tablespoon chutney (such as Major Grey's)
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- Place the ham in a food processor or blender and pulse until finely chopped.
- Add the remaining ingredients and pulse to combine.
- Place the spread in a covered container, and chill.
- Enjoy as a sandwich filling or topping for cucumber slices, party rye bread slices or crackers.
1) Mix the 1 cup chopped ham with 1 tablespoon light mayo, 2 tablespoons nonfat Greek yogurt, 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish, and 1 tablespoon mustard instead of the ingredients specified above.
2) Substitute 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish for the 1 tablespoon chutney and omit the mustard.
*PointsPlus® for skinny ham salad calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc.
If you liked this post and recipe for Skinny Ham Salad you might also like:
- My post and recipe for Slow Cooker Ham and Split Pea Soup, another classic way to use up leftover ham
- My post and recipe for Weight Watchers Individual Ham, Veggie and Cheese Frittatas baked in muffin cups
- My recipe and post for healthy chicken salad with chopped apples and dried cranberries
- A recipe from Cooking Light for Pimento Cheese-Ham Spread that looks interesting (MyRecipes)
- Ham and Cranberry Salad Sandwiches (Weight Watchers)
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or Craftsy links, I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!
Get Your FREE Guide: 7 Secrets of Successful Weight Watchers
The best tips for weight loss success! You'll also get regular updates from Martha with easy healthy Weight Watchers friendly recipes, support & tips to help you lose weight your way.