Weight Watchers Recipe of the Day: Skinny Ham Salad
(73 calories | 2 2 2 myWW *SmartPoints value per serving)
Finely chopped cooked ham mixed with onion, mustard, mango chutney, light mayonnaise and non-fat Greek Yogurt combined to make a yummy skinny ham salad.
Ham salad is one of my favorite ways to use up the leftover bits from a baked ham.
It makes a great sandwich filling for rye bread or small rolls or a tasty topping for crackers and cucumber slices, which is the way I enjoyed it for lunch today.
Skinny on Skinny Ham Salad
The inspiration for this skinny ham salad recipe comes from The Fannie Farmer Cookbook , my go-to cookbook when I’m seeking old-fashioned comfort.
I lightened it up by using a combination of light mayonnaise and non-fat Greek yogurt in place of the full fat mayo called for, with good results.
According to my calculations each 1/4-cup serving has 73 calories and:
2 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
2 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
2 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
2 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
Curious about Weight Watchers new myWW Green, Blue and Purple plans? Watch this short video to learn more:
Skinny Ham Salad Spread Recipe Variations:
- spicier: mix the 1 cup chopped ham with 1 tablespoon light mayo, 2 tablespoons non-fat Greek yogurt, 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish, and 1 tablespoon mustard instead of the ingredients specified above
- sweet & tangy: substitute 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish for the 1 tablespoon chutney and omit the mustard
If you’ve made this Low Fat Ham Salad, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Skinny Ham Salad Recipe
- 1 cup chopped cooked ham
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 2 teaspoons mustard
- 1 tablespoon chutney (such as Major Grey's)
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- Place the ham in a food processor, or blender, and pulse until finely chopped.
- Add the remaining ingredients and pulse to combine.
- Place the spread in a covered container, and chill.
- Enjoy as a sandwich filling or topping for cucumber slices, party rye bread slices or crackers.
Source: Recipe adapted from The Fannie Farmer Cookbook
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
Here’s another version of easy ham salad:
More Skinny Ham Recipes You might Like:
- Ham, Asparagus & Cheese Melt (SkinnyKitchen)
- Country Potato Salad with Ham (LaaLoosh)
- Chopped Broccoli, Ham & Swiss Mason Jar Salad (OrganizeYourselfSkinny)
- Ham, Mango Chutney & Pecan Tea Sandwiches (Cookin’Canuck)
- Cauliflower Fried “Rice” with Leftover Ham (SkinnyTaste)
- Ham & Cheese Twists (EmilyBites)
Watch Betty demonstrate how she makes her own version of country ham salad spread:
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!