Weight Watchers Recipe of the Day: Skinny Ham Salad
Finely chopped cooked ham mixed with onion, mustard, mango chutney, light mayonnaise and non-fat Greek Yogurt combined to make a yummy skinny ham salad.
Ham salad is one of my favorite ways to use up the leftover bits from a baked ham.
It makes a great sandwich filling for rye bread or small rolls or a tasty topping for crackers and cucumber slices, which is the way I enjoyed it for lunch today.
The inspiration for this skinny ham salad recipe comes from The Fannie Farmer Cookbook , my go-to cookbook when I'm seeking old-fashioned comfort.
I lightened it up by using a combination of light mayonnaise and non-fat Greek yogurt in place of the full fat mayo called for, with good results.
How Many Calories and WW Points in this Ham Salad Spread?
According to my calculations each ¼-cup serving has 73 calories and:
2 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
2 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
2 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
2 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
- Spicier: Mix the 1 cup chopped ham with 1 tablespoon light mayo, 2 tablespoons non-fat Greek yogurt, 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish, and 1 tablespoon mustard instead of the ingredients specified above.
- Sweet & Tangy: Substitute 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish for the 1 tablespoon chutney and omit the mustard.
If you've made this Low Fat Ham Salad, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Skinny Ham Salad Recipe
- 1 cup chopped cooked ham
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 2 teaspoons mustard
- 1 tablespoon chutney (such as Major Grey's)
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- Place the ham in a food processor, or blender, and pulse until finely chopped.
- Add the remaining ingredients and pulse to combine.
- Place the spread in a covered container, and chill.
- Enjoy as a sandwich filling or topping for cucumber slices, party rye bread slices or crackers.
- Spicier: mix the 1 cup chopped ham with 1 tablespoon light mayo, 2 tablespoons non-fat Greek yogurt, 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish, and 1 tablespoon mustard instead of the ingredients specified above.
- Sweet & Tangy: substitute 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish for the 1 tablespoon chutney and omit the mustard.
Source: Recipe adapted from The Fannie Farmer Cookbook
*PersonalPoints® calculated by WW. *PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
Here's another version of easy ham salad:
More Skinny Ham Recipes You might Like:
- Ham, Asparagus & Cheese Melt (SkinnyKitchen)
- Country Potato Salad with Ham (LaaLoosh)
- Chopped Broccoli, Ham & Swiss Mason Jar Salad (OrganizeYourselfSkinny)
- Ham, Mango Chutney & Pecan Tea Sandwiches (Cookin'Canuck)
- Cauliflower Fried "Rice" with Leftover Ham (SkinnyTaste)
- Ham & Cheese Twists (EmilyBites)
Watch Betty demonstrate how she makes her own version of country ham salad spread:
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!