Weight Watchers Recipe of the Day: Skinny Ham Salad
Finely chopped cooked ham mixed with onion, mustard, mango chutney, light mayonnaise and nonfat Greek Yogurt combined to make a yummy skinny ham salad.
Ham salad is one of my favorite ways to use up the leftover bits from a baked ham. It makes a great sandwich filling for rye bread or small rolls or a tasty topping for crackers and cucumber slices, which is the way I enjoyed it for lunch today.
Skinny on Skinny Ham Salad
The inspiration for this skinny ham salad s comes from The Fannie Farmer Cookbook, my go-to cookbook when I’m seeking old-fashioned comfort. I lightened it up by using a combination of light mayonnaise and nonfat Greek yogurt in place of the full fat mayo called for, with good results.
According to my calculations each 1/4-cup serving has 73 calories and *2 Weight Watchers Points Plus.
- 1 cup chopped cooked ham
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 2 teaspoons mustard
- 1 tablespoon chutney (such as Major Grey's)
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- Place the ham in a food processor or blender and pulse until finely chopped.
- Add the remaining ingredients and pulse to combine.
- Place the spread in a covered container, and chill.
- Enjoy as a sandwich filling or topping for cucumber slices, party rye bread slices or crackers.
1) Mix the 1 cup chopped ham with 1 tablespoon light mayo, 2 tablespoons nonfat Greek yogurt, 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish, and 1 tablespoon mustard instead of the ingredients specified above.
2) Substitute 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish for the 1 tablespoon chutney and omit the mustard.
*PointsPlus® for skinny ham salad calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc.
If you liked this post and recipe for Skinny Ham Salad you might also like:
- My post and recipe for Slow Cooker Ham and Split Pea Soup, another classic way to use up leftover ham
- My post and recipe for Weight Watchers Individual Ham, Veggie and Cheese Frittatas baked in muffin cups
- My recipe and post for healthy chicken salad with chopped apples and dried cranberries
- A recipe from Cooking Light for Pimento Cheese-Ham Spread that looks interesting (MyRecipes)
- Ham and Cranberry Salad Sandwiches (Weight Watchers)
Roberta hit rock bottom at 48 years old. She weighed 171 lbs. at 5'1". She suffered from back pain, thyroid problems and adrenal issues. Yet as you can see it’s all behind her now. And she feels and looks like a woman half her age!... Following Eat Stop Eat gave Roberta the freedom she needed. It allowed her body to naturally find its own weight loss rhythm. And the results are stunning!
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or Craftsy links, I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!
Get Your FREE Guide: 7 Secrets of Successful Weight Watchers
The best tips for weight loss success! You'll also get regular updates from Martha with easy healthy Weight Watchers friendly recipes, support & tips to help you lose weight your way.