Weight Watchers Recipe of the Day: Watermelon Feta Salad
I hope you're having success staying cool this summer. If not, this refreshing watermelon feta salad with mixed greens, honey, lime and mint can help!
This simple salad is perfect for a hot summer day. The flavor combination might sound odd at first. Truthfully, I wasn't sold the first time I tasted it several years ago. But, I decided to give it another chance today when I was craving something light and refreshing for lunch.
It's 106°F, with a high of 111°F expected! Needless to say I'm opting to stay inside with the air-conditioning blasting; not venturing out to a restaurant or grocery store.
I'm also leaving on vacation in a couple of days and am trying to use up what's around, which truthfully, isn't much.
In the fridge at the moment: some leftover lemon blueberry trifle I made for Rod's birthday yesterday, eggs, some Greek yogurt, a half a box of blueberries, a few slices of watermelon, some cheese, a few salad greens…
After enjoying watermelon gazpacho garnished with feta recently, I decided it was worth giving the combination another chance.
Today, this sweet and salty watermelon salad seemed to be just what my taste buds and body wanted. I see it showing up on the lunch menu again this summer.
How Many Calories and WW Points in this Watermelon Feta Salad?
According to my calculations this light and zesty watermelon feta salad has just 81 calories and:
3 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
3 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
3 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
2 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
If you've made this Watermelon Feta Salad with Mint, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Watermelon Feta Salad Recipe
- Zest and juice of half a lime
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon roughly chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 handful of mixed greens, or arugula
- 1 cup cubed seedless watermelon
- 1-½ tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- In a medium size bowl, whisk together the lime zest, juice and honey.
- Add the mint and greens and toss to coat well.
- Place in a serving dish. Top greens with the watermelon.
- Sprinkle with feta and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Source: Inspired by the watermelon salad with honey mint dressing on LaaLoosh
*PersonalPoints® calculated by WW. *PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
More Recipes with Watermelon You Might Like
- Indian-Spiced Tilapia with Watermelon Salsa (Simple Nourished Living)
- Watermelon, Feta and Black Olive Salad (Nigella Lawson)
- Watermelon Agua Fresca (Simple Nourished Living)
- Orzo Salad with Watermelon and Feta (Weight Watchers)
- Watermelon, Feta Mixed Greens Salad from Savory Sweet Life
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!