Weight Watchers Recipe of the Day: Watermelon Feta Salad
(81 calories | *3 WW SmartPoints)
I hope you’re having success staying cool this summer. If not, this refreshing watermelon feta salad with mixed greens, honey, lime and mint can help!
This simple salad is perfect for a hot summer day. The flavor combination might sound odd at first. Truthfully, I wasn’t sold the first time I tasted it several years ago. But, I decided to give it another chance today when I was craving something light and refreshing for lunch.
It’s 106°F, with a high of 111°F expected! Needless to say I’m opting to stay inside with the air-conditioning blasting; not venturing out to a restaurant or grocery store.
I’m also leaving on vacation in a couple of days and am trying to use up what’s around, which truthfully, isn’t much.
In the fridge at the moment: some leftover lemon blueberry trifle I made for Rod’s birthday yesterday, eggs, some Greek yogurt, a half a box of blueberries, a few slices of watermelon, some cheese, a few salad greens…
Skinny on Watermelon Feta Salad
After enjoying watermelon gazpacho garnished with feta recently, I decided it was worth giving the combination another chance.
Today, this sweet and salty watermelon salad seemed to be just what my taste buds and body wanted. I see it showing up on the lunch menu again this summer.
According to my calculations this light and zesty watermelon feta salad has just 81 calories and *2 Weight Watchers PointsPlus, *3 WW Freestyle SmartPoints. Enjoy!
Curious about Weight Watchers new myWW Green, Blue and Purple plans? Watch this short video to learn more:
If you’ve made this Watermelon Feta Salad with Mint, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Watermelon Feta Salad Recipe
- Zest and juice of half a lime
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon roughly chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 handful of mixed greens, or arugula
- 1 cup cubed seedless watermelon
- 1-1/2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- In a medium size bowl, whisk together the lime zest, juice and honey.
- Add the mint and greens and toss to coat well.
- Place in a serving dish. Top greens with the watermelon.
- Sprinkle with feta and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Source: Inspired by the watermelon salad with honey mint dressing on LaaLoosh
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
More Recipes with Watermelon You Might Like
- Indian-Spiced Tilapia with Watermelon Salsa (Simple Nourished Living)
- Watermelon, Feta and Black Olive Salad (Nigella Lawson)
- Watermelon Agua Fresca (Simple Nourished Living)
- Orzo Salad with Watermelon and Feta (Weight Watchers)
- Watermelon, Feta Mixed Greens Salad from Savory Sweet Life
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!