WW Recipe of the Day: Peach Watermelon Fruit Salad
(130 calories | 2 2 2 myWW *SmartPoints value per serving)
Today I am sharing this light and refreshing WW Fruit Salad which combines sweet juicy watermelon and peaches with crunchy cucumbers tossed with a bit of vinegar or lemon juice.
This simple salad comes together fast making the perfect accompaniment for grilled chicken, fish or shrimp or on its own for a light and luscious lunch on a hot day.
What Fruits Go Well with Watermelon?
What grows together goes together is a great rule of thumb for deciding what fruits you could put together for a fruit salad. Any of the following fruits would go well with watermelon:
- Honeydew melon
How Many Calories/Points in this WW Peach Watermelon Salad?
Each generous 1 cup serving has just 130 calories and:
2 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
2 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
2 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
4 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
Curious about Weight Watchers new myWW Green, Blue and Purple plans? Watch this short video to learn more:
WW Peach Watermelon Peach Salad Recipe Notes
This recipe comes together easily. Just chop your watermelon and peaches, slice your cucumbers and toss with vinegar or lemon juice and sprinkle with bit of feta or ricotta salata.
Ricotta Salata cheese is made by salting and pressing fresh ricotta then aging it for a few months. The resulting cheese is like feta but with a more delicate flavor.
Since it may be hard to find depending on where you live, feta makes a fine substitute. If you don’t like feta, Parmesan shavings or crumbled goats cheese would also work nicely.
Fruit Salad Additions & Recipe Variations
No Feta? Try ricotta salata, Parmesan shavings or crumbled Goat cheese (chevre)
No champagne or white wine vinegar? Substitute fresh lemon juice which is what I did
Vegan? Skip the cheese
Possible Additions: Chopped heirloom tomatoes, fresh raspberries and chopped or shredded fresh basil or mint would all work well.
How To Make This Salad Step-By-Step
Step 1: Assemble and Prepare Your Ingredients:
- 1 (2-pound) piece seedless watermelon, rind removed and cut into 3/4-inch dice
- 2 large peaches, pitted and cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 2 mini cucumbers (Persian) thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons champagne or white wine vinegar (I substituted lemon juice)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup feta cheese (or ricotta salata)
- 1 scallion (white and light green parts only) cut into very thin strips (I omitted this)
In a large bowl toss together all the ingredients. Let stand 10 minutes to let the flavors blend.
Step 2: Toss & Let Sit 10 Minutes
In a large bowl toss together all the ingredients. Let stand 10 minutes to let the flavors blend. Enjoy!
If you’ve made this Fruit Salad with Watermelon and Peaches, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
WW Fruit Salad with Watermelon & Peaches
- 2 pounds seedless watermelon, rind removed and cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 2 large peaches, pitted and cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 2 mini cucumbers, thinly sliced (Persian cucumbers)
- 3 tablespoons champagne or white wine vinegar (I substituted fresh lemon juice)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese (or ricotta salata or goat cheese)
- 1 scallion, white and green part only, thinly sliced (I left this out)
- In a large bowl toss together all the ingredients.
- Let stand 10 minutes to let the flavors blend.
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
More Easy Healthy Salads You Might Also Like:
- Fresh + Simple Summer Corn Tomato Salad (Simple Nourished Living)
- Skinny Broccoli Grape Salad (Simple Nourished Living)
- WW Orange Cucumber Salad (Simple Nourished Living)
- Grilled Peach Watermelon Burrata Salad (SkinnyTaste)
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!