Weight Watchers Recipe of the Day: Healthy Taco Salad for One
(297 calories | *6 WW Freestyle SmartPoints)
I love taco salads, but the fat and calories can really add up in a hurry, especially in the restaurant versions, making them a real dietary disaster!
According to Taco Bell’s nutrition information, their Fiesta Taco Salad with Beef weighs in with a hefty 760 calories, 39g fat, 78g carbs, 11g fiber and 26g protein for a Weight Watchers Freestyle SmartPoints value of *21.
The chicken taco salad at Culver’s, is a little better – 526 calories, 25 g fat, 42 g carbs, 2 g fiber, 33 g protein and *14 PointsPlus.
But that’s still way too many for most of us living the Weight Watchers lifestyle trying to stay within our daily Points target.
That’s why I prefer to make and eat my taco salads at home where I can control of the quantity and quality of ingredients I use.
It satisfies my cravings for Mexican food without using up too many Points. By using lots of vegetables and going light on the chips and cheese!
Homemade Taco Salad Recipe Notes
Here’s an example of an easy healthy taco salad I made for lunch yesterday with just *7 Weight Watchers PointsPlus, *6 WW Freestyle SmartPoints.
We had Mom over for tacos on Sunday night, so there were lots of great leftovers and other yummy ingredients in the fridge and pantry to work with. Enjoy!
Curious about Weight Watchers new myWW Green, Blue and Purple plans? Watch this short video to learn more:
This basic template can be modified all kinds of ways depending on your individual likes and dislikes and what you’ve got available. Here are a few more ideas:
Other Easy Healthy Taco Salad Options
- Leftover chopped chicken
- Seasoned lean ground beef
- Seasoned brown rice
- Black beans
- Sliced jalapenos
- Chopped red onion
- Corn Salsa
- Roasted corn
- Chopped avocado
- Non-fat or low-fat sour cream
If you like this Skinny Taco Salad for One, be sure to check out some of my other Weight Watchers friendly salad recipes including Weight Watchers Cheeseburger Salad, Greek Turkey Feta Mason Jar Salad, Easy Asian Chicken Salad, Southwestern Beef Salad with Chile Lime Dressing and Lightened Up Mustard Chicken Salad
If you’ve made this Healthy Taco Salad, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it.
Skinny Taco Salad for One Recipe
- 2 cups shredded iceberg or romaine lettuce
- 1/4 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/4 cup chopped grape tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup fat-free refried beans
- 4 ounces seasoned cooked lean ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 6 baked low-fat tortilla chips crumbled
- 2 tablespoons non-fat plain Greek yogurt
- To turn these ingredients into a salad, place the shredded or chopped lettuce in a bowl and arrange all the other ingredients on top in whatever order you like best.
- Because the salsa adds so much flavor and moisture, you don't even need dressing.
- Serve immediately.
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
Watch how to make a Mexican Style Chicken Chopped Salad:
Links to More Easy Healthy Taco Salads
- Cooking Light Quick Taco Salad (My Recipes)
- Vegetarian Taco Salad (Eating Well)
- Turkey Taco Salad (Hungry Girl)
- Tostada Salad with Beef (LaaLoosh)
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!