WW Recipe of the Day: Skinny Big Mac Salad
(316 calories | 7 7 7 myWW *SmartPoints value per serving)
A lighter, healthier way to enjoy all the flavors of a Big Mac with fewer calories and no bread this Skinny Big Mac Salad Recipe is a new lunch and dinner favorite.
Seasoned ground beef atop a heap of shredded lettuce topped with a sprinkling of shredded cheddar cheese, sesame seeds chopped pickles and a light and zesty “special sauce” this salad is sure to satisfy in just 20 minutes or less.
How Many Calories/WW Points in this Skinny Big Mac Salad for One?
According to my calculations this salad has 316 calories and:
7 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
7 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
7 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
8 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
Curious about Weight Watchers new myWW Green, Blue and Purple plans? Watch this short video to learn more:
How To Make this Work with WW Simply Filling/No Count?
Use fat-free thousand Island dressing, fat free cheddar and non-calorie sweetener instead of sugar.
Skinny Big Mac Salad Recipe Notes
I love to top this salad with plenty of juicy chopped tomatoes and an extra drizzle of ketchup and mustard. Although this recipe is written for one serving you could easily double, triple or quadruple the ingredients to feed your family.
To make a vegetarian version simply substitute your favorite cooked and crumbled veggie burger for the extra lean beef.
To keep life easy the special sauce in this Skinny Big Mac Salad Recipe begins with bottled light Thousand Island dressing. If you prefer to make your own, this one from The Food Network looks good.
How To Make Skinny Big Mac Salad for One Step-by-Step…
Step 1: Make the Special Sauce
In a small bowl stir together light Thousand Island dressing, finely minced onion, granulated white sugar (or a dash of no-calorie sweetener) and vinegar until blended. Set aside while you make the salad.
Step 2: Cook the Ground Beef
Bring a skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to medium-high heat. Add beef, onion, and seasonings. Cook and crumble until beef is fully cooked and onions have softened (about 5 minutes).
Remove from the heat. Add mustard and stir until well mixed.
Step 3: Assemble the Salad
Place lettuce in a large bowl.
Top with the cooked ground beef mixture.
Top with shredded cheese, dill pickles, sesame seeds and any other optional ingredients you like. Enjoy!
Did You Know?
McDonald’s famous Big Mac sandwich has 540 calories, 28 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 46 g carbohydrates, 3 g fiber, 9 g sugars and 25 g protein – all for *17 WW Freestyle SmartPoints!
If you’ve made this Big Mac Salad, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Skinny Big Mac Salad for One
- 1-1/2 tablespoons light Thousand Island Dressing
- 1-1/2 teaspoons finely minced onion
- 1/8 teaspoons granulated sugar (or dash of no calorie sweetener such as Truvia)
- 1/8 teaspoon vinegar
- 4 ounces raw extra-lean ground beef (5% or less fat)
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard
- 3 cups shredded lettuce
- 2 tablespoons reduced fat cheddar cheese
- 1 dill pickle spear sliced or chopped
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- chopped tomato, ketchup, yellow mustard, chopped onion, etc.
- Make the sauce: In a small bowl, thoroughly mix together the Thousand Island dressing, onion, sugar and vinegar.
- Bring a skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to medium-high heat. Add beef, onion, and seasonings. Cook and crumble for about 5 minutes, until beef is fully cooked and onions have softened.
- Remove skillet from heat. Add mustard, and stir until well mixed.
- Assemble the salad: Place lettuce in a large bowl. Top with the beef mixture, shredded cheese, dill pickles, sesame seeds and any other optional ingredients you like.
- Top with sauce, or serve it on the side.
Source: Hungry Girl
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
Here’s a video showing how to make this easy, healthy satisfying gluten-free Big Mac Salad…
More Healthy Salad Recipes You Might Also Like:
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!