WW Recipe of the Day: Impossibly Easy Turkey Taco Pie
(272 calories | 5 5 5 myWW *SmartPoints value per serving)
Dinner doesn’t get much simpler, or fun, than this Impossibly Easy Bisquick Turkey Taco Pie.
As the pie bakes, the baking mixture sinks to the bottom forming a nice, light crust holding the yummy taco-spiced turkey and green chile filling. Topped with a little melted cheese, what’s not to like?
And it’s family-friendly too because once the pie is made, you can serve it with all the traditional taco fillings, letting everyone top it how they like. If you like more traditional taco flavors, you can use shredded lettuce and salsa. Or take it in a nacho direction by topping yours with jalapeño slices, guacamole and/or sour cream.
If you’re a Weight Watcher, don’t forget to add any extra points for your optional toppings.
How Many Calories and WW Points in this Taco Pie?
According to my calculations, each serving has 272 calories and:
5 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
5 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
5 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
7 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
Curious about Weight Watchers new myWW Green, Blue and Purple plans? Watch this short video to learn more:
How to Make Turkey Taco Impossible Pie
Step 1: Gather and prepare all ingredients.
Step 2: Heat oven to 400F degrees. Lightly grease a 9-inch pie dish and set aside.
Step 3: In a skillet over medium heat, cook the turkey and onions until the turkey is no longer pink. Drain off any excess liquid. Stir in taco seasoning and mix well. Spread meat in prepared pie dish.
Step 4: Top meat with green chilies.
Step 5: In a mixing bowl, stir together the baking mix, milk and eggs, just until blended. Pour over meat and chilies in pie dish.
Step 6: Bake for 25 minutes, or until knife inserted near center comes out clean.
Step 7: Sprinkle shredded cheese over the top and bake an additional 2 to 3 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
Step 8: Remove from oven and let stand at least 5 minutes before cutting into 6 equal wedges.
Serve with your favorite taco toppings: shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, shredded cheese, jalapeños, sliced green onions, salsa, sour cream, guacamole, etc.
Recipe Notes, Additions & Substitutions
I used reduced-fat Pepper Jack Cheese, but you can substitute your favorite shredded cheese or blend.
While the recipe suggests ground turkey you could always use ground chicken, pork or lean ground beef instead. And of course, vegetarians could use their favorite veggie crumbles.
Substitute store-bought Bisquick baking mix with your own. Here’s how easy it is to make your own Homemade Bisquick replacement with just 4 everyday ingredients!
Let everyone top their piece of taco pie with their favorite toppings: shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, shredded cheese, jalapeños, sliced green onions, salsa, sour cream, guacamole, etc.
If you’ve made this Impossibly Easy Bisquick Turkey Taco Pie, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Impossibly Easy Taco Pie
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 envelope (1-1/4 ounces) taco seasoning mix
- 1 can (4 ounce) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1/2 cup Bisquick Heart Smart Baking Mix (or make your own mix)
- 1 cup skim milk (or your favorite non dairy milk, such as almond milk)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup shredded low-fat Pepper Jack, Monterey Jack or Cheddar cheese
- Shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, shredded cheese, jalapeños, sliced green onion, salsa, sour cream, guacamole, etc.
- Heat oven to 400F degrees. Lightly grease a 9-inch pie dish and set aside.
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook the turkey and onions until the turkey is no longer pink. Drain off any excess liquid. Stir in taco seasoning and mix well. Spread meat in prepared pie plate.
- Top meat with green chilies.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together baking mix, milk and eggs just until blended. Pour over meat and chilies in pie dish.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until knife inserted near center comes out clean.
- Sprinkled cheese over the top and bake an additional 2 to 3 miutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven and let stand at least 5 minutes for cutting into 6 equal wedges. Serve with your favorite taco toppings.
Recipe source: Betty Crocker’s Bisquick Cookbook
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
More Impossible Bisquick Pies for Weight Watchers
- Impossibly Easy Bisquick Zucchini Pie
- Impossible Chicken and Broccoli Pie
- Deluxe Turkey Cheeseburger Pie for Two
- Impossibly Easy Banana Bread Pie
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!