WW Recipe of the Day: Impossibly Easy Zucchini Pie
(115 calories | 3 3 3 myWW *SmartPoints value per serving)
Have an abundance of fresh zucchini to use up? We think this Bisquick Zucchini Pie is a keeper!
Lighter than quiche, this dish is super-simple to toss together and pairs well with anything from the grill, but also stands on its own as a light lunch. Of course you can also serve it with a simple green salad on the side.
What is a Bisquick Impossible Pie?
Ever since first making this skinny impossibly easy broccoli pie with chicken, I’ve been a fan. For those not familiar, Impossible Pie first became widely known in the 1970s when it was printed on the backs of Bisquick boxes, the popular baking mix introduced by General Mills back in the 1930s. The first Impossible Pie recipe introduced by Bisquick was a coconut one. Soon all kinds of variations, both sweet and savory, followed. At some point the company started referring to the pies as Impossibly Easy Pies.
You do not need to make a crust for impossible pies. Instead, you just mix up all the ingredients together (the ingredients for the filling and the crust) and while it cooks the pie forms its own crust. It is that easy!
How Many Calories and WW Points in this Easy Zucchini Pie?
According to my calculations, each serving has 115 calories and:
3 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
3 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
3 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
3 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
Curious about Weight Watchers new myWW Green, Blue and Purple plans? Watch this short video to learn more:
How to Make Bisquick Impossible Zucchini Pie
Step 1: Gather and prepare all ingredients.
Step 2: Preheat oven to 400F degrees. Lightly grease a 9-inch pie dish.
Step 3: Layer the zucchini, tomatoes, onion and cheese in pie dish.
Step 4: In a medium mixing bowl, stir together the baking mix, milk, salt, pepper and egg until thoroughly combined. Pour into pie dish.
Step 5: Bake for 35 minutes, or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
Step 6: Let pie stand for at least 5 minutes before cutting. Before serving, slice into 6 wedges.
Step 7: Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week.
Optional substitutions for the Original Bisquick include Bisquick Heart Smart, Bisquick Gluten-Free or this simple homemade Bisquick baking mix replacement which is sugar-free.
What to Serve with Impossibly Easy Zucchini Pie?
- Serve alongside your favorite grilled protein.
- Make it a vegetarian meal with a tossed green salad and warm bread.
- Would make a nice addition to family brunch as a lighter alternative to quiche.
If you’ve made this Impossibly Easy Zucchini Pie, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Impossibly Easy Zucchini Pie
- 1 cup chopped zucchini (about 1 small)
- 1 cup chopped tomato (about 1 large)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion (about 1 medium)
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup Original Bisquick Baking Mix
- 1 cup milk (I used unsweetened almond milk)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 400F degrees. Lightly grease a 9-inch pie dish.
- Layer zucchini, tomatoes, onion and cheese in prepared pie dish.
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together the baking mix, milk, salt, pepper and eggs until well blended. Pour into pie dish.
- Bake for 35 minutes, or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Let pie stand for at least 5 minutes before cutting. Slice into 6 wedges before serving.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week.
Recipe source: Betty Crocker’s Bisquick Cookbook
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
More Impossible Pies for Weight Watchers
- Impossible Bisquick Chicken & Broccoli Pie
- Easy Homemade Bisquick
- Impossibly Easy Banana Bread Pie
- Impossible Slow Cooker Chocolate Brown Pie
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!