Weight Watchers Recipe of the Day: Slow Cooker Impossible Chocolate Brownie Pie
I’m a big fan of Bisquick Impossible Pies.
Have you ever tried them?
Originally introduced in 1978 and renamed “Impossibly Easy” pies in 1997, they’re quick, easy and delicious.
All you do is mix a few ingredients together, pour or layer them in a pie plate and bake.
During baking, some of the Bisquick baking mix sinks to the bottom, creating a crust-like layer.
They’re like a crustless quiche and come in both sweet and savory varieties.
I’d never thought of baking one in the slow cooker until the idea for this lightened up impossible chocolate brownie pie popped into my head.
So, why not Bisquick Impossible pies?
I’m happy to report that my little experiment was a huge success.
The Skinny on Impossible Chocolate Brownie Pie
My Impossible chocolate brownie pie baked up moist and delicious, with rich chocolate flavor, and just half the calories of the original.
I never mentioned it was “lightened up” and nobody ever guessed 🙂
To decrease the fat, calories and points plus in my impossible chocolate brownie pie I:
- Substituted applesauce for 1/2 of the butter.
- Substituted cocoa powder for baking chocolate.
- Reduced the eggs from 4 to 2.
- Used HeartSmart Bisquick instead of original.
- Reduced the chop walnuts from 3/4 cup to 2 tablespoons and sprinkled them on top instead of stirring them into the batter so they were more noticeable.
- Baked it in the slow cooker instead of the oven to help it stay moist.
Each serving of my lightened up impossible chocolate brownie pie has just 200 calories, *6 PointsPlus (saving 195 calories and 5 PointsPlus).
Following the new WW Freestyle Program, this is now 9 WW Freestyle SmartPoints.
Slow Cooker Impossible Chocolate Brownie Pie Recipe
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup Heart Smart Bisquick baking mix
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- Ideal Slow Cooker Size: 2- to 4-Quart.
- Grease the inside of the slow cooker.
- In a blender, combine the eggs, butter, applesauce, sugars, Bisquick mix, vanilla and cocoa powder. Cover and blend on high until smooth, about 1 to 2 minutes. Scrape down sides of blender occasionally if necessary. (If you prefer, beat all the ingredients with a mixer until smooth.)
- Pour batter into the slow cooker. Sprinkle with chopped nuts.
- Place 3 to 4 layers of paper towels over the cooker and Cover. (This will prevent condensation the accumulates in the lid from dripping back into your impossible chocolate brownie pie.)
- Place the Cover over the paper towels. Cook on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Turn off the slow cooker and remove the cover.
- Serve warm or cool.
- Cut into 8 wedges.
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you like this slow cooker impossible chocolate brownie pie, you might also like…
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or Craftsy links, I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!