(Weight Watchers Friendly Crock Pot Cooking Day 176 – Light Slow Cooker Impossible Chocolate Brownie Pie)
Everyone knows this time of year can be challenging. The thermometer is dropping and you naturally long for warm and satisfying comfort food.
Plus, the days are short. And the weather is cool.
The season of never ending string of Christmas and New Years parties all tax your willpower and endanger your waistline.
Thankfully Eat Stop Eat actually gives you the freedom to indulge in those joyful treats while still losing weight and experiencing growing energy and health.
I’m a big fan of Bisquick Impossible Pies.
Have you ever tried them?
Originally introduced in 1978 and renamed “Impossibly Easy” pies in 1997, they’re quick, easy and delicious.
All you do is mix a few ingredients together, pour or layer them in a pie plate and bake.
During baking, some of the Bisquick baking mix sinks to the bottom, creating a crust-like layer.
They’re like a crustless quiche and come in both sweet and savory varieties.
I’d never thought of baking one in the slow cooker until the idea for this lightened up impossible chocolate brownie pie popped into my head.
Since beginning my year of Weight Watchers crock pot cooking, I’ve made all kinds of unexpected dishes in the slow cooker including cakes, quiches, pizza, omelets and frittatas. So, why not Bisquick Impossible pies?
I’m happy to report that my little experiment was a huge success. My Impossible chocolate brownie pie baked up moist and delicious, with rich chocolate flavor, and just half the calories of the original.
I never mentioned it was “lightened up” and nobody ever guessed 🙂
The Skinny on Impossible Chocolate Brownie Pie
To decrease the fat, calories and points plus in my impossible chocolate brownie pie I:
- Substituted applesauce for 1/2 of the butter.
- Substituted cocoa powder for baking chocolate.
- Reduced the eggs from 4 to 2.
- Used HeartSmart Bisquick instead of original.
- Reduced the chop walnuts from 3/4 cup to 2 tablespoons and sprinkled them on top instead of stirring them into the batter so they were more noticeable.
- Baked it in the slow cooker instead of the oven to help it stay moist.
Each serving of my lightened up impossible chocolate brownie pie has just 200 calories and *6 Points Plus (saving 195 calories and 5 points plus).
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup Heart Smart Bisquick baking mix
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- Ideal Slow Cooker Size: 2 to 4 quart
- Grease the inside of the slow cooker.
- In a blender, combine the eggs, butter, applesauce, sugars, Bisquick mix, vanilla and cocoa powder. Cover and blend on high until smooth, about 1 to 2 minutes. Scrape down sides of blender occasionally if necessary. (If you prefer, beat all the ingredients with a mixer until smooth.)
- Pour batter into the slow cooker. Sprinkle with chopped nuts.
- Place 3 to 4 layers of paper towels over the cooker and Cover. (This will prevent condensation the accumulates in the lid from dripping back into your impossible chocolate brownie pie.)
- Place the Cover over the paper towels. Cook on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Turn off the slow cooker and remove the cover.
- Serve warm or cool.
- Cut into 8 wedges.
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
*PointsPlus® for slow cooker impossible chocolate brownie pie calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc.
If you like this slow cooker impossible chocolate brownie pie, you might also like…
Today’s Food for Thought
“Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results.”
~ Narcotics Anonymous”
Do you have a favorite quote? I’d love for you to leave it for me in the comments!!
This post contains Affiliate Links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links, I receive a commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!
Get Your FREE Guide: 7 Secrets of Successful Weight Watchers
The best tips for weight loss success! You'll also get regular updates from Martha with easy healthy Weight Watchers friendly recipes, support & tips to help you lose weight your way.