WW Recipe of the Day: Easy Healthy 5-Ingredient Asparagus Minestrone Soup
(162 calories | 4 3 0 (with wholegrain pasta) myWW *SmartPoints value per serving)
Talk about simple & delicious. Just toss all the ingredients together in a large saucepan and let simmer until tender, about 10 minutes. So easy and satisfying.
If you have been hanging out with me for any amount of time you know that I am a soup nut. I can’t help adding more easy healthy soup recipes here on the blog and even wrote an eCookbook filled with Skinny Soups for the Slow Cooker and Stovetop!
Eating soup has been one of my favorite strategies for staying slim. After a few days of overindulgence my body naturally wants to compensate with low calorie nourishing foods like soup.
How Soup Helps You Slim Down
Eating soup can help you feel full on fewer calories, which is essential to long-term sustainable weight loss success.
How Many Calories and WW Points in this Recipe?
According to my calculations, each serving has 162 calories and:
4 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
3 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
0 *SmartPoints (Purple plan with whole grain pasta)
4 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
Curious about Weight Watchers new myWW Green, Blue and Purple plans? Watch this short video to learn more:
How to Make This Quick & Easy Soup
The longer I live the more enamored I become of super simple, streamlined recipes like this.
Step 1: You just assemble and prep your simple list of ingredients:
- 20 cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 bunch of asparagus, cut up into 1-inch or so pieces (discard the tough stem ends)
- 3.5 ounces of elbow macaroni (or other pasta shape or your choice such as shells, little bowties, rotini, etc.)
- 1 tablespoon Better than Bouillon (chicken or vegetable) or a couple of bouillon cubes
- 7 ounces of fresh or frozen peas
Step 2: Toss everything into a soup pot along with 4.5 cups of water. Bring to a bubble. Lower the heat and simmer gently until the vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes.
Step 3: Season to taste with salt and pepper. Ladle into a bowl and enjoy with a drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil if you are feeling extravagant. A sprinkle of cheese, like Parmesan would be nice as well.
Recipe Notes, Variations & Substitutions
This recipe is only a guide. Use whatever quick cooking vegetables you prefer.
No asparagus? Zucchini, summer squash, or green beans would make nice substitutions for the asparagus.
No peas? Substitute corn or a can of your favorite beans or chick peas
More flavor? I liked how the flavor of the vegetables shined here. But add whatever herbs and spice suit your fancy. Basil, parsley, thyme, oregano, cilantro, savory, Italian seasoning, etc.
Garnishes? Grated cheese, chopped fresh herbs, a drizzle of pesto, croutons, etc.
What Should I Serve with this?
Ways to Use Leftovers
This recipe makes 4 servings, so there won’t be a ton of leftovers. You can portion them out for future quick and easy lunches suppers. You could also simply make less of this soup by dividing all the ingredients in half if you prefer.
If you’ve made this Easy 5-Ingredient Asparagus Minestrone, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Easy Healthy 5-Ingredient Asparagus Minestrone
- 20 medium cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 1 tablespoon Better than Bouillon (chicken or vegetable) (or 2 regular size bouillon cubes)
- 3.5 ounces elbow macaroni (or other small shape dry pasta)
- 7 ounces peas (3/4 cup)
- Cut the asparagus into 1-inch pieces and discard the tough stem ends.
- Place the asparagus in a large saucepan along with the halved cherry tomatoes, bouillon, macaroni, peas and 4-1/2 cups of water.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and stir. Simmer until the vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot.
Recipe source: Simple 2: More of the Easiest Recipes in the World by Jean-Francois Mallet
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
More Easy Healthy Vegetable Soup Recipes for Weight Watchers
- Healthy Slow Cooker Vegetarian Minestrone
- Slow Cooker Summer Vegetable Soup
- Summer Vegetable Soup
- WW Zero Point Vegetable Soup
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!