Weight Watchers Recipe of the Day: Summer Vegetable Soup
This light and healthy summer vegetable soup is a deliciously satisfying way to use some of the vegetables from your garden that can be so plentiful right now.
Or, if you are like me and don’t have a garden, it will still be delicious made with vegetables from the grocery store!
Skinny on Summer Vegetable Soup
I adapted this soup recipe slightly from 5 Easy Steps to Healthy Cooking: 500 Recipes for Lifelong Wellness. A cookbook I’ve mentioned several times before, it’s one of my favorites for easy, healthy and delicious dishes.
And because complete nutrition is provided for each recipe, it’s easy to calculate Weight Watchers Points. (Here’s my complete review.)
Are you a fan of Weight Watchers 0 Points Vegetable Soup?
You’ll love this. The addition of corn and pasta make it heartier and even more satisfying.
Since I couldn’t find whole grain orzo, I substituted the smallest whole grain pasta I could find. And it all turned out delicious.
This summer vegetable soup recipe makes 6 generous 1-3/4 cup servings, each with just *4 PointsPlus, *3 SmartPoints.
I love to make a batch on Sunday to enjoy for lunch during the week.
Check out this great video from Spending with Pennies featuring another Skinny Vegetable Soup perfect for Weight Watchers…
If you liked this summer vegetable soup recipe, here are a few more favorites for you to consider: Slimming Garden Vegetable Soup, Healthy Tuscan White Bean Vegetable Soup, Simple Skinny Chunky Tomato Soup, Slow Cooker Chicken Vegetable Soup, Crock Pot Turkey Vegetable Soup with Barley, Chicken Vegetable Rice Soup, Jamie Oliver Vegetable Bean Soup and Slow Cooker Summer Vegetable Soup
Summer Vegetable Soup
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 cups chopped onions
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 small zucchini, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced into half-moons
- 28 ounces canned diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 6 cups water
- 8 ounces green beans, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup whole wheat orzo (or other small pasta)
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped, divided
- In a large saucepan or soup pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until they are softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic, salt and pepper and cook, stirring all the while, for 1 minute.
- Stir in the zucchini, tomatoes with their juice, corn and water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Lower the heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes.
- Stir in the green beans, orzo and 1/2 cup of the basil and continue to simmer, stirring occasionally, until the orzo is tender, 12 to 20 minutes.
- Stir in the remaining basil before serving.
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
More Weight Watchers Friendly Soup Recipes
Instant Pot Vegetable Soup (Cookin’Canuck)
Garden Vegetable Barley Soup (SkinnyKitchen)
Summer Squash & White Bean Soup (LaaLoosh)
Low-Carb Chicken Vegetable Soup (SnackGirl)
Dad’s Creamy Cauliflower Soup (SkinnyTaste)
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or Craftsy links, I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!