Weight Watchers Recipe of the Day: Simple Chunky Tomato Soup
(156 calories | 6 6 6 myWW *SmartPoints value per serving)
This simple skinny chunky tomato soup is a snap to prepare.
I love from scratch tomato soups but sometimes they take more time and effort than I have to give.
That's where "doctored up" low fat tomato soup comes in.
The Skinny on Simple Chunky Tomato Soup
This recipe is definitely not for purists who would never dream of stocking a few cans of condensed soup in their pristine pantries.
Nope. No Siree.
This is a soup designed for me, and people like me, who always have a can or two of condensed tomato soup in the pantry for when they are in need of a little comfort and get a hankering for their mom's hamburger goulash from childhood 🙂
The addition of canned diced tomatoes and tomato juice make it much more interesting than plain ol' canned tomato soup.
It was surprisingly well received when I served it with lightened up BLTs for supper last night.
This tomato soup is a great option when you need a light lunch or supper in a snap.
How Many Calories and WW Points in this Tomato Soup?
According to my calculations, each serving has about 156 calories and:
6 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
6 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
6 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
4 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
Curious about Weight Watchers new myWW Green, Blue and Purple plans? Watch this short video to learn more:
I used ½ teaspoon Thai red curry spice rub to give the soup the most subtle bit of barely detectable heat. You could use your favorite Thai red curry paste instead or add a bit of cayenne.
If you like this Chunky Low-Fat Tomato Soup, be sure to check out my other WW Friendly Soup Recipes, including Sausage, Spinach & Wild Rice Soup, Spicy Red Lentil Soup, Crock Pot Tomato Beef Soup, Crock Pot Chicken Cacciatore Stew and Crock Pot Stuffed Pepper Soup
If you've made this simple 15-Minute Tomato Soup, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Simple Skinny Chunky Tomato Soup Recipe
- 2 cans (10.75 ounces each) condensed tomato soup
- 2 cans (14.5 ounces each) Italian style diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (12 ounces) non-fat evaporated milk
- 1 cup tomato juice
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon thai red curry spice blend (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium-size saucepan, combine the tomato soup, tomatoes, milk, tomato juice and spices.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally, then lower the heat and simmer for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
This video shows another way to make chunky tomato soup with basil:
More Weight Watchers Friendly Soup Recipes
- Skinny & Delicious Black Bean Soups - a great collection of black bean soups from me and other blogs/websites with WW Points information
- Easy Baked Bean Soup - another satisfying soup from common pantry ingredients with only *4 WW Freestyle SmartPoints
- Easy Taco Soup - another quick & easy soup recipe that is satisfying and delicious with *6 WW Freestyle SmartPoints
- Simple Garden Vegetable Soup -a wonderful quick and easy recipe with 0 WW Points that can be modified lots of ways
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!