This simple skinny chunky tomato soup is a snap to prepare.
I love from scratch tomato soups but sometimes they take more time and effort than I have to give.
That's where "doctored up" low fat tomato soup comes in.
This recipe is definitely not for purists who would never dream of stocking a few cans of condensed soup in their pristine pantries.
Nope. No Siree.
This is a soup designed for me, and people like me, who always have a can or two of condensed tomato soup in the pantry for when they are in need of a little comfort and get a hankering for their mom's hamburger goulash from childhood 🙂
The addition of canned diced tomatoes and tomato juice make it much more interesting than plain ol' canned tomato soup.
It was surprisingly well received when I served it with lightened up BLTs for supper last night.
This tomato soup is a great option when you need a light lunch or supper in a snap.
How Many Calories and WW Points in this Tomato Soup?
According to my calculations, each serving has about 156 calories and:
6 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
6 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
6 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
4 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
I used ½ teaspoon Thai red curry spice rub to give the soup the most subtle bit of barely detectable heat. You could use your favorite Thai red curry paste instead or add a bit of cayenne.
If you like this Chunky Low-Fat Tomato Soup, be sure to check out my other WW Friendly Soup Recipes, including Sausage, Spinach & Wild Rice Soup, Spicy Red Lentil Soup, Crock Pot Tomato Beef Soup, Crock Pot Chicken Cacciatore Stew and Crock Pot Stuffed Pepper Soup
If you've made this simple 15-Minute Tomato Soup, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Simple Skinny Chunky Tomato Soup Recipe
- 2 cans (10.75 ounces each) condensed tomato soup
- 2 cans (14.5 ounces each) Italian style diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (12 ounces) non-fat evaporated milk
- 1 cup tomato juice
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon thai red curry spice blend (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium-size saucepan, combine the tomato soup, tomatoes, milk, tomato juice and spices.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally, then lower the heat and simmer for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
*PersonalPoints® calculated by WW. *PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
This video shows another way to make chunky tomato soup with basil:
More Weight Watchers Friendly Soup Recipes
- Skinny & Delicious Black Bean Soups - a great collection of black bean soups from me and other blogs/websites with WW Points information
- Easy Baked Bean Soup - another satisfying soup from common pantry ingredients with only *4 WW Freestyle SmartPoints
- Easy Taco Soup - another quick & easy soup recipe that is satisfying and delicious with *6 WW Freestyle SmartPoints
- Simple Garden Vegetable Soup -a wonderful quick and easy recipe with 0 WW Points that can be modified lots of ways
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!