WW Recipe of the Day: Slow Cooker Stuffed Pepper Soup
(179 calories | *4 WW SmartPoints)
Here’s an easy tasty Stuffed Pepper Soup perfect for stuffed pepper lovers.
I tasted stuffed pepper soup for the first time several years ago at a restaurant in northern Wisconsin and was immediately smitten.
So, when I saw this recipe for slow cooker stuffed pepper soup in a Gooseberry Patch Slow-Cooker Recipes Cookbook (Everyday Cookbook Collection) , I decided to give it a try. It’s unique in that it calls for a package of cooked Spanish rice, instead of plain or brown rice.
Slow Cooker Stuffed Pepper Soup Recipe Notes
The recipe also calls for two bell peppers. Green bell peppers can be kinda strong, even if you like them. So, I used one green and one red to tone it down a bit.
And I added two cups of beef broth.
This slow cooker stuffed pepper soup recipe turned out thick and hearty, perfect for a chilly fall or winter meal.
You could substitute ground turkey if you wanted. Or turn it into a vegetarian slow cooker stuffed pepper soup by using veggie crumbles.
How Many Calories/WW Points in this Slow Cooker Stuffed Pepper Soup?
According to my calculations each 1-cup serving of this hearty flavorful soup has just 179 calories, *5 Weight Watchers PointsPlus, *4 Weight Watchers Freestyle SmartPoints. Enjoy!
Curious about Weight Watchers Freestyle/Flex plan?
Watch this short video to learn more:
If you’ve made this slow cooked Stuffed Pepper Soup, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it.
Slow Cooker Stuffed Pepper Soup Recipe
- 1 pound extra lean ground beef, browned and drained
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) tomato soup
- 1 can (14 to 15 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups broth (chicken, beef or vegetable)
- 2 bell peppers chopped (I used one green and one red)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 package (5 to 6 ounces) Spanish rice mix, uncooked
- Grated Parmesan cheese for serving, if desired
- Ideal slow cooker size: 5- to 6-Quart.
- Combine the cooked ground beef, tomato soup, diced tomatoes, broth, bell peppers, onions and Italian seasoning in your slow cooker. (I used my Ninja 3-in-1 cooker so I could brown the meat then proceed with slow cooking.)
- Cover and cook on LOW for 3 to 4 hours, until the peppers and onions are soft.
- Prepare the rice mix as the package directs. (I needed water and a 14-1/2-ounce can of diced tomatoes for mine.)
- Stir the cooked rice mix into the soup and cook on low for 30 minutes more to blend flavors.
- Serve with Parmesan cheese sprinkled on top, if desired.
Source: Slow-Cooker Recipes Cookbook (Everyday Cookbook Collection) by Gooseberry Patch
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you like this crock pot stuffed pepper soup, you might also like:
- Weight Watchers Slow Cooker Bean and Cabbage Soup
- Slow Cooker Pizza Soup
- Slow Cooker Mexican Meatball Soup
- Light and Healthy Slow Cooker Wild Rice Soup
- Olive Garden Slow Cooker Pasta Fagioli
I made this slow cooker stuffed pepper soup in my Ninja 3-in-1 Cooking System . The more I use it, the more I like it.
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or Craftsy links, I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!