WW Recipe of the Day: Easy Taco Soup
(184 calories | 6 2 2 myWW *SmartPoints value per serving)
This easy taco soup is one of my favorite easy recipes for ground beef (or ground turkey). It’s a family-favorite soup. My mom loves it too.
The Skinny on this Easy Tasty Taco Soup Recipe
It’s perfect for a healthy lunch or simple supper. I love soup for supper.
Making a quick and easy soup recipe for supper several times a week helps me stay slim and satisfied. It’s a trick I learned from the wonderful book – French Women Don’t Get Fat: The Secret of Eating for Pleasure by Mireille Guiliano.
This is a deliciously easy soup made from browned lean ground beef and a few common pantry staples. (Feel free to substitute ground turkey if you like it better. I often do.)
While the soup simmers, you have time to assemble the tasty toppings that help make this simple soup so special – avocado, sour cream, shredded cheese and even fresh lime and cilantro.
I live in Phoenix where fresh limes and cilantro are always easy to find, but if you don’t, this soup is still delicious without them.
If you like thinner soup feel free to add more water.
I hope you enjoy this easy tasty soup recipe as much as we do.
How Many Calories and Weight Watchers Points in this Easy Tasty Taco Soup?
According to my calculations, each serving has 184 calories and
6 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
2 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
2 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
6 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
Curious about Weight Watchers new myWW Green, Blue and Purple plans? Watch this short video to learn more:
If you like this Taco Soup, be sure to check out my other WW Friendly Soups, including Slow Cooker Southwestern Chicken Soup, Lightened Up Pepperoni Pizza Chili, Easy Black Bean & Corn Soup, Slow Cooker Sausage Lentil Stew and Crock Pot Chicken Black Bean Tortilla Soup
If you’ve made this simple Stove Top Taco Soup, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Easy Taco Soup Recipe
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion (about 1 medium-size onion)
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) Mexican-style diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (15.5 ounces) beans (kidney, pinto, black or chili), undrained
- 1 can (11 ounces) corn, undrained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 package (1.25 ounces) reduced sodium taco seasoning
- 1 avocado, peeled and cut into cubes
- 1 cup light sour cream or Greek style yogurt
- 1 cup low fat pre-shredded cheese (Cheddar, Jack or Mexican blend)
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro sprigs
- 1 lime, cut into 8 wedges
- Crushed tortilla chips
- Spray a large sauce pot (4 quart) with cooking spray and place it over medium-high heat.
- Add the ground beef and break it up with a wooden spoon, stirring for about 1 minute.
- Stir in the onion and continue to cook, stirring often, until the ground beef is brown all over and the onion is soft, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes, beans, corn, tomato sauce and taco seasoning. Fill the can of tomato sauce with water and add it to the pot too. Stir well. Allow the soup to come to a boil and then reduce the heat to low, cover the pot and let the soup bubble gently for 15 minutes.
- While the soup is simmering, prepare your optional toppings.
- To serve, ladle the hot soup into serving bowls and pass around the avocado cubes, sour cream, cheese, cilantro, lime wedges and tortilla chips so everyone can top it just the way they like it.
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
More Favorite Taco Soup Recipes for Weight Watchers:
- Best Vegetarian Chili (Simple-Nourished-Living)
- Turkey Chili Taco Soup Recipe (SkinnyTaste)
- Easy Hamburger Macaroni Soup (Simple-Nourished-Living)
- Taco Soup from Pinch of Salt (KalynsKitchen)
- Simple Taco Soup Recipe (TasteOfHome)
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!