WW Recipe of the Day: Tuscan Vegetable Soup
(143 calories | 2 1 1 myWW *SmartPoints value per serving)
I've been under the weather with a cold for the past several days.
So, imagine my delight when my mom surprised me with a big container of this healthy delicious Ellie Krieger Tuscan vegetable white bean soup.
As soon as I tasted it I knew I wanted the recipe.
Turns out she had clipped this recipe for Terrific Tuscan Vegetable Soup Sunday from the USA Weekend CookSmart column with Ellie Krieger. The recipe also appears in Ellie's award winning cookbook, The Food You Crave: Luscious Recipes for a Healthy Life .
There's no more satisfying way to get your vegetables when the weather is chilly, than with big bowl of steamy vegetable soup. It's a nourishing way to fill up with minimal calories too.
Enjoy a cup whenever you need a snack or a have a larger bowl for lunch or supper with a slice of healthy whole-grain bread.
According to my calculations, each serving of this Tuscan Vegetable Soup has just 143 calories and:
2 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
1 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
1 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
4 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
This works with Simply Filling too, provided you use non-fat cheese. Because I'm on maintenance, I would use a little bit of really good imported Parmesan and not worry about it!
Thanks again, Mom.
If you like this simple WW friendly vegetarian soup, be sure to check out my other easy soup recipes, including Butternut Squash, Kale and White Bean Soup, Spiced Red Lentil Soup, Skinny Potato Leek Soup, Simply Chunky Tomato Soup and Linda's Favorite 10-Minute Vegetable Soup
If you've made this Vegetable White Bean Soup, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Ellie Krieger Tuscan Vegetable Soup Recipe
- 1 can (15.5 ounces) cannellini beans, drained and rinsed and divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup diced onion, 1 medium
- ½ cup diced carrot, 1 medium
- ½ cup diced celery, 2 stalks
- 1-½ cups diced zucchini, 1 small
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon dried sage
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups chopped fresh spinach
- ⅓ cup freshly grated Parmesan (optional)
- In a small bowl, mash half of the beans and set them aside.
- In a large soup pot, heat the oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion, carrot, celery, zucchini, garlic, thyme, sage and salt and pepper to taste. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables begin to soften, 6 to 7 minutes.
- Add the broth, tomatoes, and beans and bring to a boil, then lower heat.
- Add the spinach and cook until the spinach is wilted, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Serve topped with Parmesan if desired.
*PersonalPoints® calculated by WW. *PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you like this Ellie Krieger Tuscan Vegetable Soup you might also like:
- 5-Ingredient Asparagus Minestrone - easy and delicious, this vegetable soup with 4 (green), 3 (blue), 0 (purple) myWW SmartPoints is ready in about 10 minutes
- Homemade Italian Style Vegetable Soup - easy & tasty with just 108 calories and 3 WW PointsPlus value per serving from Taste of Home
- Italian Pesto Zucchini Soup - the simply irresistible combination of potatoes, zucchini, pasta and pesto create a winning tasty soup with just 5 (green, blue), 3 (purple) myWW SmartPoints
- Slimming Garden Vegetable Soup - with less than 50 calories and 0 (green, blue, purple) myWW SmartPoints per serving
- Jamie Oliver Vegetable Soup with Beans - one of the best vegetable bean soups I've tasted with 3 (green), 1 (blue, purple) myWW SmartPoints
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!