Weight Watchers Recipe of the Day – Hungry Girl’s Slow Cooker Chicken Vegetable Soup
(150 calories | 3 0 0 myWW *SmartPoints value per serving)
There’s only one way to describe this slow cooker chicken vegetable soup from Hungry Girl, Lisa Lillien: Simply Delicious. This is one of those easy, healthy, delicious recipes you’ll make again and again, like WW Classic Zero Points Garden Vegetable Soup.
It’s loaded with veggies and hearty chunks of chicken. And since there are no noodles or rice to get soggy, it will keep well for several days in the fridge and is an excellent candidate for the freezer.
Perfect for a Soup Lovin’ Gal like me.
Skinny on Slow Cooker Chicken Vegetable Soup – Hungry Girl to the Max!
I pretty much made this slow cooker chicken vegetable soup as written. The only change I made was adding an extra cup of coleslaw mix to finish up the bag I had in the fridge.
How Many Calories/WW Points in this Slow Cooker Chicken Veggie Soup?
The recipe has just 150 calories and
3 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
0 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
0 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
3 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
Everyone who tasted it thought it was good. This is definitely on my make again list. Enjoy!
Curious about Weight Watchers new myWW Green, Blue and Purple plans? Watch this short video to learn more:
If you’ve made this Slow Cooked Chicken Vegetable Soup, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it.
Skinny Slow Cooker Chicken Vegetable Soup Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds raw boneless skinless lean chicken breasts
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup finely diced onion
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 3 cups dry coleslaw mix (shredded cabbage and carrots)
- 2 cans (14 to 15 ounces each) low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (14 to 15 ounces) cannellini (white kidney) beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (14 to 15 ounces) stewed tomatoes, not drained
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 bay leaf
- Ideal slow cooker size: 6-Quart.
- Evenly season chicken with 1/4 teaspoon salt and the pepper. Place all ingredients in the crock pot and stir.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours, or on LOW for 6 - 8 hours, until chicken is fully cooked and the vegetables are tender.
- Remove and discard the bay leaf.
- Remove the chicken and place in a bowl. Shred each piece using two forks -- one to hold the chicken in place and the other to scrape across the meat and shred it.
- Return the shredded chicken to the crock pot and stir into the soup.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Recipe source: Hungry Girl to the Max!: The Ultimate Guilt-Free Cookbook by Lisa Lillien
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
This video shows another recipe for healthy chicken and vegetable soup made on the stove top:
More Easy Healthy Chicken Soup Recipes
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!