(Weight Watchers Slow Cooker Recipe #228- Hungry Girl’s Slow Cooker Chicken Vegetable Soup)
There’s only one way to describe this slow cooker chicken vegetable soup from Hungry Girl, Lisa Lillien: Simply Delicious. This is one of those easy, healthy, delicious recipes you’ll make again and again. It’s loaded with veggies and hearty chunks of chicken. And since there are no noodles or rice to get soggy, it will keep well for several days in the fridge and is an excellent candidate for the freezer. Perfect for a Soup Lovin’ Gal like me.
Skinny on Slow Cooker Chicken Vegetable Soup – Hungry Girl to the Max!
I pretty much made this slow cooker chicken vegetable soup as written. The only change I made was adding an extra cup of coleslaw mix to finish up the bag I had in the fridge.
The recipe has just 150 calories and *3 Weight Watchers Points Plus, *3 SmartPoints per serving. It works with Simply Filling too. Everyone who tasted it thought it was good. This is definitely on my make again list.
- 1½ pounds raw boneless skinless lean chicken breasts
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup finely diced onion
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 3 cups dry coleslaw mix
- 2 cans (14 to 15 ounces each) low sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (14 to 15 ounces) cannellini (white kidney) beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (14 to 15 ounces) stewed tomatoes, not drained
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 bay leaf
- Evenly season chicken with ¼ teaspoon salt and the pepper. Place all ingredients in the crock pot and stir. Cover and cook on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours or on LOW for 6 - 8 hours, until chicken is fully cooked and the vegetables are tender.
- Remove and discard the bay leaf. Remove the chicken and place in a bowl. Shred each piece using two forks -- one to hold the chicken in place and the other to scrape across the meat and shred it. Return the shredded chicken to the crock pot and stir into the soup.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Source: Hungry Girl to the Max!: The Ultimate Guilt-Free Cookbook
*PointsPlus® for slow cooker chicken vegetable soup calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc.
This post contains Affiliate Links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links, I receive a commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
Get Your FREE Guide: 7 Secrets of Successful Weight Watchers
The best tips for weight loss success! You'll also get regular updates from Martha with easy healthy Weight Watchers friendly recipes, support & tips to help you lose weight your way.