Weight Watchers Recipe of the Day: Spicy Turkey, Apple & Spinach Panini
What’s not to like about thinly sliced apples, smoked turkey, spinach and cheddar layered between spicy mayo smeared multigrain bread and grilled until toasty and melty?
While flipping through WeightWatchers Year Round Fresh, my latest cookbook acquisition impulsively grabbed at yesterday’s WW Meeting, I came across this yummy looking and sounding panini. As luck would have it I had all the ingredients necessary to whip them up for lunch today.
While my photo is not nearly as eye-catching as the one in the cookbook, this spicy grilled turkey, apple, spinach, cheddar sandwich was delicious.
Skinny on Weight Watchers Spicy Turkey, Apple and Spinach Panini
I made my own chipotle mayonnaise by stirring a little chipotle tabasco sauce into reduced fat mayo. And used a combination of baby spinach and arugula instead of only spinach because it’s what was in the fridge.
Since 1/2 sandwich is considered a serving, these panini are meant to be made with larger, 1-1/2 ounce slices of bread. You could substitute 2 slices of light bread and eat an entire sandwich for the same SmartPoints, if you prefer.
Rod found the combination of this panini different, but liked it. And he was pretty shocked when I told him it was a Weight Watchers recipe.
Since I love the combination of apples and cheddar, this was a winner with me. According to my calculations, each serving (1/2 sandwich) has 248 calories, *6 Weight Watchers PointsPlus, *3 WW Freestyle SmartPoints. Enjoy!
Curious about Weight Watchers Freestyle/Flex plan?
Watch this short video to learn more:
If you like this spicy turkey panini, be sure to check out my other easy, healthy Weight Watchers friendly recipes including WW Prosciutto, Pear & Blue Cheese Sandwich, Skinny BLT, English Muffin Hawaiian Pizza, Breakfast Egg Sandwiches and Peanut Butter, Banana & Strawberry Wrap
If you’ve made this spicy turkey panini, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it.
Spicy Turkey, Apple & Spinach Panini Recipe
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat chipotle mayonnaise
- 4 slices (1-1/2 ounces each) multigrain bread
- 16 very thick apple slices
- 6 ounces thinly sliced smoked deli turkey breast
- 1 cup loosely packed baby spinach
- 2 slices (1 ounce each) reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- Spread 1/2 tablespoon mayonnaise on one side of each bread slice. Top 2 of the bread slices evenly with apple slices, turkey, spinach and cheddar. Top with remaining 2 bread slices mayonnaise side down.
- Lightly spray sandwiches with olive oil non-stick spray.
- Spray a large ridged grill pan with olive oil non-stick spray and set over medium-high heat.
- Place the sandwiches in the pan and top with another heave skillet to weigh them down.
- Cook until the cheese is melted and the bread is golden and crispy, 2-3 minutes on each side. Or grill each sandwich in a panini press.
- Cut each sandwich in half before serving.
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
Source: Weight Watchers Year-Round Fresh Cookbook
This video from AllRecipes shows how easy it is to make your own panini sandwich:
More Yummy Sandwiches for Weight Watchers
- Chicken Panini with Arugula, Provolone & Chipotle Mayo (SkinnyTaste)
- Turkey Panini with Apple, Cheddar & Arugula (Cookin’Canuck)
- Grilled Turkey, Cheese & Slaw Panini (SkinnyKitchen)
- Turkey & Cheese Pesto Panini (MealPlanningMommies)
- Brie & Apple Panini (LaaLoosh)
- Margherita Panini (EatYourselfSkinny)
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or Craftsy links, I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!