I was able to create this gourmet restaurant quality sandwich at home today in minutes. And even managed to shoot a photo before taking a bite of my yummy open-face prosciutto pear blue cheese sandwich.
I got the idea from the WEIGHT WATCHERS 360 Family Style Cookbook and was lucky enough to have everything I needed right in the fridge. Served with a simple green salad, it made for a satisfying lunch that kept me happy all afternoon. It’s amazing how much food affects your psyche.
Skinny on Weight Watchers Open-Face Prosciutto Pear Blue Cheese Sandwich
Don’t skip heating the pear. I almost did in the name of laziness, but it’s the warm pears that elevate this sandwich from good to great. If you don’t like prosciutto or can’t get it, I think any high quality deli ham could be substituted. Cut into thin slices or small squares, this open-face prosciutto pear blue cheese sandwich would make a yummy appetizer too.
According the the cookbook, each sandwich has 288 calories and *8 Weight Watchers Points Plus. This will be mostly dependent on the kind of bread you use.
Weight Watchers Open-Face Prosciutto Pear Blue Cheese Sandwich
- 1 large ripe but firm pear quartered, cored and thinly sliced
- 2 sliced country wheat bread toasted
- 2 thin slices prosciutto about 1 ounce
- 1 ounce Gorgonzola or other blue cheese crumbled
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Spray a large skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Set it over medium heat. Add the pear slices in a single layer and cook until lightly browned, about 2 minutes on each side.
- Divide the pear slices evenly among the toasted bread spreading them out in an even layer. Then top each sandwich with the prosciutto and sprinkle with the blue cheese. Drizzle with honey and serve while warm.
*PointsPlus® for calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc.
This post contains Affiliate Links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links, I receive a commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!