WW Recipe of the Day: Prosciutto, Pear and Blue Cheese Sandwich
(288 calories | *7 WW Freestyle SmartPoints)
I was able to create this gourmet restaurant quality sandwich at home today in minutes. And even managed to shoot a photo before taking a bite of my yummy open-face prosciutto pear blue cheese sandwich.
I got the idea from the Weight Watchers 360 Family Style Cookbook and was lucky enough to have everything I needed right in the fridge.
Served with a simple green salad, it made for a satisfying lunch that kept me happy all afternoon. It’s amazing how much food affects your psyche.
Skinny on Weight Watchers Open-Face Prosciutto Pear Blue Cheese Sandwich
Don’t skip heating the pear. I almost did in the name of laziness, but it’s the warm pears that elevate this sandwich from good to great.
If you don’t like prosciutto or can’t get it, I think any high quality deli ham could be substituted.
Cut into thin slices or small squares, this open-face prosciutto pear blue cheese sandwich would make a yummy appetizer too.
According to my calculations, each sandwich has 288 calories, *8 Weight Watchers PointsPlus, *7 WW Freestyle SmartPoints. This will be mostly dependent on the kind of bread you use.
If you’ve made this Pear and Prosciutto Sandwich, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
WW Open-Face Prosciutto Pear Blue Cheese Sandwich
- 1 large ripe, but firm, pear, quartered, cored and thinly sliced
- 2 slices country wheat bread, toasted (gluten-free if desired)
- 2 thin slices prosciutto (about 1 ounce)
- 1 ounce Gorgonzola or other blue cheese, crumbled
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Spray a large skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Set it over medium heat.
- Add the pear slices in a single layer and cook until lightly browned, about 2 minutes on each side.
- Divide the pear slices evenly among the toasted bread spreading them out in an even layer.
- Top each sandwich with the prosciutto and sprinkle with the blue cheese.
- Drizzle with honey and serve while warm.
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you like this easy 5-Ingredient Open-Face Sandwich, you might also like:
- Spicy Turkey, Apple and Spinach Panini
- WW Friendly BLT Sandwich
- Open-Face Tuna Melts
- Ina’s Easy Egg Salad Tartines
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or Craftsy links, I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!