WW Recipe of the Day: Easy Healthy English Muffin Tuna Melt
(240 calories | 5 5 5 myWW *SmartPoints value per serving)
These open face tuna melt sandwiches serve two and make a nice light, simple lunch or supper. They are the perfect way to elevate your basic tuna sandwich into a sensational one.
Easy Healthy English Muffin Tuna Melts for Two Melt Recipe Notes
A lightened up version of a diner classic the whole family will love. Vary the seasonings to suit your tastes and preferences. Feel free to use all light mayonnaise or all Greek yogurt if you prefer.
Skinny Open-Faced English Muffin Tuna Melt Recipe Variations
No Cheddar Cheese: Substitute American, Swiss, Muenster or Jack
No Greek Yogurt: Substitute light mayonnaise
No Light mayonnaise: Substitute Greek Yogurt
Possible Additions: Diced celery, shredded carrot, diced onion or green onion, dash of hot sauce
Skinny English Muffin Tuna Melt Serving Suggestions
How Many Calories and Weight Watchers Points in this Skinny English Muffin Tuna Melt?
According to my calculations each serving has 240 calories and
5 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
5 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
5 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
6 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
Curious about Weight Watchers new myWW Green, Blue and Purple plans? Watch this short video to learn more:
If you liked this skinny tuna melt recipe, be sure to check out these other delicious Weight Watcher friendly recipes: Healthy Crunchy Tuna Salad, Tuna White Bean Salad, Tuna Cheddar Chowder, Easy Mediterranean Pasta with Tuna and Tomatoes, Slow Cooker Tuna Noodle Casserole, Hungry Girl's English Muffin Hawaiian Pizza and Easy Recipes for 2
If you've made this skinny Tuna Melt, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it.
Easy Healthy Open-Faced English Muffin Tuna Melt for Two
- 2 light multigrain English muffins, split into halves
- 1 can (5 ounces) water packed chunk white albacore tuna, well drained
- 1 tablespoon light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard (optional)
- 1-½ tablespoons pickle relish
- 4 large tomato slices
- 4 tablespoons shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- Preheat broiler. (I use my toaster oven.)
- Lightly toast the muffin halves then place them on a foiled lined baking sheet that has been lightly coated with nonstick spray.
- In a small bowl, combine the tuna, mayonnaise, yogurt, mustard (if using) and relish until well blended.
- Spread the tuna mixture evenly between the English muffin halves. Top each with a slice of tomato and tablespoon of the shredded cheese.
- Broil until the cheese melts, 1 to 2 minutes.
Skinny Open-Faced English Muffin Tuna Melt Recipe VariationsNo Cheddar Cheese: Substitute American, Swiss, Muenster or Jack No Greek Yogurt: Substitute light mayonnaise No Light mayonnaise: Substitute Greek Yogurt Possible Additions: Diced celery, shredded carrot, diced onion or green onion, dash of hot sauce 5 *SmartPoints (Green plan) 5 *SmartPoints (Blue plan) 5 *SmartPoints (Purple plan) 6 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
Watch this video to see how to make your own healthy, low carb tuna melt sandwich:
More Weight Watchers Friendly Tuna Melt Recipes from Around the Web:
- The Skinny Tuna Melt (SkinnyTaste)
- Grilled Tuna Melt Made Skinny (Skinny Kitchen)
- Lite Tuna Melt Wrap (SkinnyMs)
- Tuna Melt on a Rice Cake (Shrinking Kitchen)
- Tuna Melt Stuffed Mushrooms (Hungry Girl)
This video from Nancy Fox at SkinnyKitchen.com shows how she makes her own Weight Watchers Skinny Tuna Melt:
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!