WW Recipe of the Day: Skinny Open-Faced Tuna Melt for Two
(240 calories | *5 WW SmartPoints)
These open face tuna melt sandwiches serve two and make a nice light, simple lunch or supper. They are the perfect way to elevate your basic tuna sandwich into a sensational one.
The Skinny on Skinny Open-Faced Tuna Melts for Two
A lightened up version of a diner classic the whole family will love.
Vary the seasonings to suit your tastes and preferences.
Feel free to use all light mayonnaise or all Greek yogurt if you prefer.
Serve with a mug of soup or simple side salad. A small handful of chips or grapes or carrot sticks work well too.
Each serving has just 240 calories, *6 Weight Watchers PointsPlus, *5 WW Freestyle SmartPoints. Enjoy!
Curious about Weight Watchers Freestyle/Flex plan?
Watch this short video to learn more:
Skinny Open-Faced Tuna Melts Recipe Variations
No Cheddar Cheese: Substitute American, Swiss, Muenster or Jack
No Greek Yogurt: Substitute light mayonnaise
No Light mayonnaise: Substitute Greek Yogurt
Possible Additions: Diced celery, shredded carrot, diced onion or green onion, dash of hot sauce
If you liked this skinny tuna melt recipe, be sure to check out these other delicious Weight Watcher friendly recipes: Healthy Crunchy Tuna Salad, Tuna White Bean Salad, Tuna Cheddar Chowder, Easy Mediterranean Pasta with Tuna and Tomatoes, Slow Cooker Tuna Noodle Casserole, Hungry Girl’s English Muffin Hawaiian Pizza and Easy Recipes for 2
If you’ve made this skinny Tuna Melt, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it.
Skinny Open-Faced Tuna Melt for Two
- 2 light multigrain English muffins, split into halves
- 1 can (5 ounces) water packed chunk white albacore tuna, well drained
- 1 tablespoon light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard (optional)
- 1-1/2 tablespoons pickle relish
- 4 large tomato slices
- 4 tablespoons shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- Preheat broiler. (I use my toaster oven.)
- Lightly toast the muffin halves then place them on a foiled lined baking sheet that has been lightly coated with nonstick spray.
- In a small bowl, combine the tuna, mayonnaise, yogurt, mustard (if using) and relish until well blended.
- Spread the tuna mixture evenly between the English muffin halves. Top each with a slice of tomato and tablespoon of the shredded cheese.
- Broil until the cheese melts, 1 to 2 minutes.
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
Watch this video to see how to make your own healthy, low carb tuna melt sandwich:
More Weight Watchers Friendly Tuna Melt Recipes from Around the Web:
- The Skinny Tuna Melt (SkinnyTaste)
- Grilled Tuna Melt Made Skinny (Skinny Kitchen)
- Lite Tuna Melt Wrap (SkinnyMs)
- Tuna Melt on a Rice Cake (Shrinking Kitchen)
- Tuna Melt Stuffed Mushrooms (Hungry Girl)
This video from Nancy Fox at SkinnyKitchen.com shows how she makes her own Weight Watchers Skinny Tuna Melt:
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!