Weight Watchers Recipe of the Day: Cauliflower Macaroni & Cheese
(310 calories | *9 WW SmartPoints)
I cobbled this light macaroni and cheese with cauliflower recipe together for dinner recently from what I had around the house.
I was able to avoid making a trip out to the grocery store. So, I saved time. And money. Go, me! (It doesn’t take much to thrill me. I’m a girl of simple pleasures.)
Skinny on Light Macaroni and Cheese with Cauliflower
I loved how the cauliflower helped to bulk up this macaroni and cheese, adding both texture and a subtle sweet flavor. Served with a big green salad, it made for a satisfying supper. I’ll definitely be making this light macaroni and cheese with cauliflower again.
I added a little bacon, but you could easily skip it, making it work for a Meatless Monday. According to my calculations each serving has 310 calories and *8 Weight Watchers PointsPlus.
Following Weight Watchers Freestyle Plan, this is now *9 Freestyle SmartPoints. Enjoy!
Curious about Weight Watchers Freestyle/Flex plan?
Watch this short video to learn more:
If you’ve made this Cauliflower Macaroni and Cheese, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Light Macaroni and Cheese with Cauliflower Recipe
- 8 ounces macaroni (about 2 cups) (gluten-free, if desired)
- 10 ounces cauliflower florets (about 2-1/2 cups), cut into bite-size pieces
- 12 ounces fat-free evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup non fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded reduced-fat American cheese
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese, divided use
- 2-1/2 ounces chopped cooked bacon (I used 6 slices of fully cooked bacon)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Dusting of paprika (optional)
- Heat oven to 350F. degrees. Grease an oblong 11 x 7 inch baking dish and set it aside.
- Cook the macaroni in well salted water, according to the package directions, adding the cauliflower during the last five minutes of cooking. Drain and return to the pot.
- Add the milk, yogurt, American cheese and 1 cup of the cheddar cheese, bacon, salt and pepper.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until the cheese melts, about 3 minutes.
- Spread the light macaroni and cheese with cauliflower mixture into the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle evenly with the remaining 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese. Sprinkle lightly with the paprika if using.
- Bake until bubbly and beginning to turn golden on top, 20 to 30 minutes.
- Serve hot with a tossed green salad, if desired.
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you like this light macaroni and cheese with cauliflower recipe, you might also like:
- Baked Pasta with Zucchini and Cottage Cheese
- Skinny Artichoke and Spinach Baked Pasta
- Mom’s Easy Alfredo Ravioli Casserole
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or Craftsy links, I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!