Weight Watchers Recipe of the Day: Cauliflower Macaroni & Cheese
I cobbled this light macaroni and cheese with cauliflower recipe together for dinner recently from what I had around the house.
I was able to avoid making a trip out to the grocery store. So, I saved time. And money. Go, me! (It doesn't take much to thrill me. I'm a girl of simple pleasures.)
I love how the cauliflower helped to bulk up this macaroni and cheese, adding both texture and a subtle sweet flavor. Served with a big green salad, it made for a satisfying supper. I'll definitely be making this light macaroni and cheese with cauliflower again.
I added a little bacon, but you could easily skip it, making it work for a Meatless Monday.
How Many Calories and WW Points in this Lighter Mac and Cheese?
According to my calculations each serving has 310 calories and:
9 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
9 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
9 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
8 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
If you've made this Cauliflower Macaroni and Cheese, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Light Macaroni and Cheese with Cauliflower Recipe
- 8 ounces macaroni (about 2 cups) (gluten-free, if desired)
- 10 ounces cauliflower florets (about 2-½ cups), cut into bite-size pieces
- 12 ounces fat-free evaporated milk
- ¼ cup non fat plain Greek yogurt
- ½ cup (2 ounces) shredded reduced-fat American cheese
- 1-½ cups (6 ounces) shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese, divided use
- 2-½ ounces chopped cooked bacon (I used 6 slices of fully cooked bacon)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Dusting of paprika (optional)
- Heat oven to 350F. degrees. Grease an oblong 11 x 7 inch baking dish and set it aside.
- Cook the macaroni in well salted water, according to the package directions, adding the cauliflower during the last five minutes of cooking. Drain and return to the pot.
- Add the milk, yogurt, American cheese and 1 cup of the cheddar cheese, bacon, salt and pepper.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until the cheese melts, about 3 minutes.
- Spread the light macaroni and cheese with cauliflower mixture into the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle evenly with the remaining ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese. Sprinkle lightly with the paprika if using.
- Bake until bubbly and beginning to turn golden on top, 20 to 30 minutes.
- Serve hot with a tossed green salad, if desired.
*Points® calculated by WW. *PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you like this light macaroni and cheese with cauliflower recipe, you might also like:
- Baked Pasta with Zucchini and Cottage Cheese
- Skinny Artichoke and Spinach Baked Pasta
- Mom's Easy Alfredo Ravioli Casserole
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!