This baked pasta with zucchini and cottage cheese is adapted from Quick and Light: Healthy Recipes You’ll Fall in Love With.
By Janie Samuels, it’s a great little ebook filled with quick and easy Weight Watchers friendly recipes. You can read my full review here.
I made several changes to the original recipe to suit our preferences.
The Skinny on Baked Pasta with Zucchini & Cottage Cheese
I love how this baked pasta dish manages to be flavorful and filling without being heavy.
I think it’s the magic of the ingredients: whole wheat pasta, zucchini, cottage cheese, canned tomatoes and olives with just a light sprinkling of Parmesan and mozzarella.
The recipe makes four generous servings, each with 310 calories and 8 Weight Watchers PointsPlus. It’s a satisfying vegetarian dish that’s perfect any time of year.
- 8 ounces whole wheat pasta such as penne or rotini
- 1-1/2 cups low fat cottage cheese
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 2 small zucchini sliced into thin half moon shapes
- 1 can 14.5 ounces diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup reduced fat shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray a 9-inch square baking dish with nonstick cooking spray and set it aside.
- Prepare the pasta according to the package instructions. Drain and return to the pasta pot. Add the cottage cheese, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, parsley flakes, zucchini, tomatoes and olives. Stir until well combined.
- Spread the pasta mixture evenly into the prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle evenly with the Parmesan and mozzarella. Cover with foil and Bake for 20 minutes. Remove the foil and bake until the top begins to brown lightly, 5 to 10 minutes.
Nutritional Estimates Per Serving (1/4th): 310 calories, 4.1 g fat, 49 g carbs, 9.2 g fiber, 21 g protein and 8 Weight Watchers PointsPlus
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
Recipe Source: Adapted from Quick and Light: Healthy Recipes You’ll Fall in Love With
A few more of my favorite Weight Watchers friendly pasta recipes:
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or Craftsy links, I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!