WW Recipe of the Day: Baked Pasta with Zucchini & Cottage Cheese
(310 calories | *8 WW SmartPoints)
This baked pasta with zucchini and cottage cheese is adapted from Quick and Light: Healthy Recipes You’ll Fall in Love With , by Janie Samuels. It’s a great little ebook filled with quick and easy Weight Watchers friendly recipes.
You can read my full review here.
I made several changes to the original recipe to suit our preferences.
The Skinny on Baked Pasta with Zucchini & Cottage Cheese
I love how this baked pasta dish manages to be flavorful and filling without being heavy.
I think it’s the magic of the ingredients: whole wheat pasta, zucchini, cottage cheese, canned tomatoes and olives with just a light sprinkling of Parmesan and mozzarella.
The recipe makes four generous servings, each with 310 calories, *8 Weight Watchers PointsPlus, *8 WW Freestyle SmartPoints.
It’s a satisfying vegetarian pasta dish that’s perfect any time of year.
Curious about Weight Watchers Freestyle/Flex plan?
Watch this short video to learn more:
If you’ve made this baked pasta, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it.
Baked Pasta with Zucchini & Cottage Cheese Recipe
- 8 ounces whole wheat pasta, such as penne or rotini
- 1-1/2 cups low-fat cottage cheese
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 2 small zucchini sliced into thin half moon shapes
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350F degrees. Lightly spray a 9-inch square baking dish with nonstick cooking spray and set it aside.
- Prepare the pasta according to the package instructions. Drain and return to the pasta pot. Add the cottage cheese, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, parsley flakes, zucchini, tomatoes and olives. Stir until well combined.
- Spread the pasta mixture evenly into the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle evenly with the Parmesan and mozzarella.
- Cover with foil and Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake until the top begins to brown lightly, 5 to 10 minutes.
Recipe Source: Adapted from Quick and Light: Healthy Recipes You’ll Fall in Love With
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
A few more of my favorite Weight Watchers friendly pasta recipes:
- Weight Watchers Tomato, Chicken and Feta Pasta
- Light and Healthy Creamy One Pot Pasta
- Skinny Pasta with Broccoli and Chicken
- Gluten Free Pasta alla Puttanesca
- Skinny Baked Spinach Artichoke Pasta
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!