Weight Watchers Tomato Chicken Feta Pasta, a quick and easy pasta dish with tomatoes, chicken and feta that’s delicious warm or chilled. This tomato chicken feta pasta is adapted from a recipe in Weight Watchers Our Best Quick & Easy Meals cookbook (which, by the way, is a treasure trove of ideas for getting dinner on the table in a dash), replacing a few of the ingredients with what I had on hand.
Can't Decide What To Cook After A Long Day?
Weekly Meal Plans + Shopping Lists = Healthier, Happier You!
Healthy Meal Planning Made Easy allows you to create custom healthy meal plans with WW SmartPoints that fit your family size, schedule, and most importantly taste delicious.
Skinny on Weight Watchers Tomato Chicken Feta Pasta
This Tomato, Chicken and Feta pasta is a great way to use up leftover rotisserie chicken, but I chopped up a piece of roasted sun-dried tomato turkey breast that I had in the fridge instead.
The original recipe called for 1 cup of dry pasta for 6 servings, which seemed a little scant to me, since I’m the only one in the family eating Weight Watchers-size portions. So, I doubled the amounts of pasta and diced tomatoes called for and created a dish with 7 PointsPlus value (PPV) that everyone really liked.
- 8 ounces uncooked rotini or penne (about 2 cups)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes with basil and garlic, undrained
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken or turkey breast
- ⅓ cup roughly chopped kalamata olives
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- ½ cup crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese
- Cook pasta according to the package instructions, reserving 1 cup of the pasta water before draining.
- While the water boils and pasta cooks, heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook, until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add the tomatoes, chopped cooked chicken and olives, and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the mixture thickens, about 15 minutes.
- When the pasta is done, reserve a cup of water and then drain and return the pasta to the pot.
- Add the tomato mixture to the pasta, and toss gently to combine, adding a little water, if necessary to thin it out.
- Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Top with feta cheese and basil, if using.
- Serve immediately.
*PointsPlus® for Weight Watchers Tomato Chicken Feta Pasta calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc.
If you liked this tomato chicken feta pasta recipe, here are a few more Weight Watchers friendly pasta recipes for you:
- Easy Mediterranean Pasta with Tuna & Tomatoes
- Lightened Up Spaghetti with White Clam Sauce
- Skinny Pasta with Broccoli & Chicken
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
Get Your FREE Guide: 7 Secrets of Successful Weight Watchers
The best tips for weight loss success! You'll also get regular updates from Martha with easy healthy Weight Watchers friendly recipes, support & tips to help you lose weight your way.