WW Recipe of the Day: Tomato, Chicken & Feta Pasta
(296 calories | 4 4 4 myWW *SmartPoints value per serving)
Weight Watchers Tomato Chicken Feta Pasta, a quick and easy pasta dish with tomatoes, chicken and feta cheese that’s delicious warm, or chilled.
This chicken pasta with feta and tomatoes is adapted from a recipe in Weight Watchers Our Best Quick & Easy Meals cookbook (which, by the way, is a treasure trove of ideas for getting dinner on the table in a dash), replacing a few of the ingredients with what I had on hand.
Skinny on Weight Watchers Tomato Chicken Feta Pasta
This Tomato, Chicken and Feta pasta is a great way to use up leftover rotisserie chicken, but I chopped up a piece of roasted sun-dried tomato turkey breast that I had in the fridge instead.
The original recipe called for 1 cup of dry pasta for 6 servings, which seemed a little scant to me, since I’m the only one in the family eating Weight Watchers-size portions. So, I doubled the amounts of pasta and diced tomatoes called for and created a dish that everyone really liked.
According to my calculations, each generous 1-1/3 cups serving has 296 calories and:
4 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
4 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
4 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
7 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
Curious about Weight Watchers new myWW Green, Blue and Purple plans? Watch this short video to learn more:
If you’ve made this Chicken Pasta with Tomatoes and Feta, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Weight Watchers Tomato, Feta & Chicken Pasta
- 8 ounces (about 2 cups) uncooked whole wheat rotini or penne pasta
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes with basil and garlic, undrained
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken or turkey breast
- 1/3 cup roughly chopped kalamata olives
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese
- Cook pasta according to the package instructions, reserving 1 cup of the pasta water before draining.
- While the water boils and pasta cooks, heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook, until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add the tomatoes, chopped cooked chicken and olives, and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the mixture thickens, about 15 minutes.
- When the pasta is done, reserve a cup of water and then drain and return the pasta to the pot.
- Add the tomato mixture to the pasta, and toss gently to combine, adding a little water, if necessary to thin it out.
- Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Top with feta cheese and basil, if using.
- Serve immediately.
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you like this pasta recipe with tomatoes, chicken and feta, here are a few more Weight Watchers friendly pasta recipes for you:
- Easy Mediterranean Pasta with Tuna & Tomatoes
- Lightened Up Spaghetti with White Clam Sauce
- Skinny Pasta with Broccoli & Chicken
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!