WW Recipe of the Day: Tomato, Chicken & Feta Pasta
(296 calories | *4 WW SmartPoints)
Weight Watchers Tomato Chicken Feta Pasta, a quick and easy pasta dish with tomatoes, chicken and feta cheese that’s delicious warm, or chilled.
This chicken pasta with feta and tomatoes is adapted from a recipe in Weight Watchers Our Best Quick & Easy Meals cookbook (which, by the way, is a treasure trove of ideas for getting dinner on the table in a dash), replacing a few of the ingredients with what I had on hand.
Skinny on Weight Watchers Tomato Chicken Feta Pasta
This Tomato, Chicken and Feta pasta is a great way to use up leftover rotisserie chicken, but I chopped up a piece of roasted sun-dried tomato turkey breast that I had in the fridge instead.
The original recipe called for 1 cup of dry pasta for 6 servings, which seemed a little scant to me, since I’m the only one in the family eating Weight Watchers-size portions. So, I doubled the amounts of pasta and diced tomatoes called for and created a dish that everyone really liked.
According to my calculations, each generous 1-1/3 cups serving has 296 calories, *7 Weight Watchers PointsPlus, *4 WW Freestyle SmartPoints. Enjoy!
Curious about Weight Watchers Freestyle/Flex plan?
Watch this short video to learn more:
If you’ve made this Chicken Pasta with Tomatoes and Feta, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Weight Watchers Tomato, Feta & Chicken Pasta
- 8 ounces (about 2 cups) uncooked whole wheat rotini or penne pasta
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes with basil and garlic, undrained
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken or turkey breast
- 1/3 cup roughly chopped kalamata olives
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese
- Cook pasta according to the package instructions, reserving 1 cup of the pasta water before draining.
- While the water boils and pasta cooks, heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook, until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add the tomatoes, chopped cooked chicken and olives, and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the mixture thickens, about 15 minutes.
- When the pasta is done, reserve a cup of water and then drain and return the pasta to the pot.
- Add the tomato mixture to the pasta, and toss gently to combine, adding a little water, if necessary to thin it out.
- Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Top with feta cheese and basil, if using.
- Serve immediately.
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you like this pasta recipe with tomatoes, chicken and feta, here are a few more Weight Watchers friendly pasta recipes for you:
- Easy Mediterranean Pasta with Tuna & Tomatoes
- Lightened Up Spaghetti with White Clam Sauce
- Skinny Pasta with Broccoli & Chicken
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or Craftsy links, I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!