Weight Watchers Tomato Chicken Feta Pasta, a quick and easy pasta dish with tomatoes, chicken and feta cheese that's delicious warm, or chilled.
This chicken pasta with feta and tomatoes is adapted from a recipe in Weight Watchers Our Best Quick & Easy Meals cookbook (which, by the way, is a treasure trove of ideas for getting dinner on the table in a dash), replacing a few of the ingredients with what I had on hand.
This pasta dish is a great way to use up leftover rotisserie chicken, but I chopped up a piece of roasted sun-dried tomato turkey breast that I had in the fridge instead.
The original recipe called for 1 cup of dry pasta for 6 servings, which seemed a little scant to me, since I'm the only one in the family eating Weight Watchers-size portions. So, I doubled the amounts of pasta and diced tomatoes called for and created a dish that everyone really liked.
How Many Calories and WW Points in this Pasta?
According to my calculations, each generous 1-⅓ cups serving has 296 calories and:
4 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
4 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
4 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
7 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
If you've made this Chicken Pasta with Tomatoes and Feta, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Weight Watchers Tomato, Feta & Chicken Pasta
- 8 ounces (about 2 cups) uncooked whole wheat rotini or penne pasta
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes with basil and garlic, undrained
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken or turkey breast
- ⅓ cup roughly chopped kalamata olives
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- ½ cup crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese
- Cook pasta according to the package instructions, reserving 1 cup of the pasta water before draining.
- While the water boils and pasta cooks, heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook, until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add the tomatoes, chopped cooked chicken and olives, and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the mixture thickens, about 15 minutes.
- When the pasta is done, reserve a cup of water and then drain and return the pasta to the pot.
- Add the tomato mixture to the pasta, and toss gently to combine, adding a little water, if necessary to thin it out.
- Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Top with feta cheese and basil, if using.
- Serve immediately.
*PersonalPoints® calculated by WW. *PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you like this pasta with tomatoes, chicken and feta, here are a few more Weight Watchers friendly pasta recipes for you:
- Easy Mediterranean Pasta with Tuna & Tomatoes
- Lightened Up Spaghetti with White Clam Sauce
- Skinny Pasta with Broccoli & Chicken
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!